Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 10:00 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow....I guess if you go out looking for hate you will find it. Interesting.
Yes, talk to an Alt-Righter or watch a lecture from Richard Spencer. It's neo-Nazi lite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 10:03 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Interesting.

What would Alt-left be? I honestly have no idea

But if this alt right groups want to exterminate everyone non white, what would the opposites be? They want equality? Help people? Integrante non whites to society? What could be possibly be as bad as alt righters?

alt-right comes from somewhere. And that is right wing ideology.

OH NO, the right wingers dont wanna KILL non whites, they just wanna opresse and discriminate them.

Thats ok then

Old 05-09-2017, 10:06 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo
The hate that hate that hate produced.
Indeed and it IS scary!!!

Old 05-09-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Interesting.

But if this alt right groups want to exterminate everyone non white, what would the opposites be? They want equality? Help people? Integrante non whites to society? What could be possibly be as bad as alt righters?

OH NO, the right wingers dont wanna KILL non whites, they just wanna opresse and discriminate them.

Thats ok then

Does there have to be an exact opposite? If so, the far-left which includes Communists, Anarchists and identitarians such as the SJWs and to a small extent BLM. Alt-Right comes from the far right ideology related to the European concept of right wing, not American. American conservatism is different from the traditionally right wing that the Alt-Right adheres to which is pretty much fascism. In their writings and videos they denounce both liberalism and conservatism, with the latter being hyper-individualistic for not seeing the national interest in terms of race.

I mean, don't let me do all your homework for you. Go out and research it yourself instead of being rather knee jerk about it.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:14 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Yes, talk to an Alt-Righter or watch a lecture from Richard Spencer. It's neo-Nazi lite.

I'm white, middle aged, not religious, and voted for Trump. I guess I'm your demographic, I must be one right ?

Old 05-09-2017, 10:16 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
...I wrote down some of the youtube channels he recommended...
Can you list some or all of them?

I've seen Sargon of Akkad referred to as "Alt-Right" which is absurd.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Can you list some or all of them?

I've seen Sargon of Akkad referred to as "Alt-Right" which is absurd.
Sargon is not Alt-Right. That's absurd. I know the left likes to conflate any outspoken conservative or classical liberal as Alt-Right. Alt-Righter would Jared Taylor, Richard Spencer, American Renaissance. Look up their videos and you'll find a lot of stuff and stuff related to it to click to.

To the left, "Alt-Right" has been used as a slur for many outspoken conservatives with a backbone. Under their banner, Ben Shapiro would be "Alt-Right".

Alt-Right specifically means the white nationalist movement.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm white, middle aged, not religious, and voted for Trump. I guess I'm your demographic, I must be one right ?
Do you believe whites should have their own ethno-state? That free enterprise is a tool to undo national sovereignty and mock conservatism as hyper-individualistic clap trap? Do you believe in the national interest being rooted in racial homogeneity?

I mean this isn't hard to figure out. American conservatism isn't fascism. Alt-Right is really fascism. And not in the sense that leftists and liberals haphazardly throw that label around like a slur. I mean real deal neo-fascism.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:31 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
The alt-right hasn't infected the mainstream right. They exist simultaneously and the alt-right seems to be winning.

I genuinely fear we are moving towards totalitarianism. It's really obvious with Donald Trump, and this is becasue he's the president. He's a more public figure; it's not really a Trump specific trait. But look at how is followers view him. They view the presidency as a leader (not a public servant), they view this as a winners vs losers issues, they demand supporting him. If that doesn't sound a little bit like the rise of fascism, I question if you know what fascism is.

To be very clear, I don't view totalitarianism as a left/right issue. Because it's not and if you think it is, it's because you're a ****ing idiot. I even saw totalitarianism in Bernie Sanders, whom I supported. I don't think Bernie was doing it intentionally, as I feel Trump is, but that doesn't necessarily make the effect any better. Totalitarianism is primarily dependent on popular support; if the mod mentality exists, it we may find that it doesn't matter if there's a leader encouraging it. It's hard to label a period of politics in which you live. God only knows what political theorists will study when they look at the politics of the 21 century.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:38 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Interesting.

Thats ok then

Have you seen the pro trump rallies, the right wing presence at Berkeley had speakers from Latinas for Trump Irma Hinojosa, and had groups including Oath Keepers, the Three Percenters, American Civil Defense, L.A. Coalition for Trump, Blacks for Trump, 2 Million Bikers, Vets for Trump.

Trump won 50% of the latino vote in florida, most latinos are not left wing Castro/ Hugo Chavez loving communists who long to live in Cuba or Venezuela waiting in line for toilet paper and bread. When trump is gone and there is a new leader for the right that right wing vote will increase, many republicans get 40-50% of the latino vote in texas

Latinos are not black people who are going to vote 90-94% for democrats every time, many latinos are being hurt by illegal immigration as well.

I dont even like the term alt right, thats spencers creation, it would imply there is a "right " to be an alternative to. Most republicans are not right wing in the ways many european right wing parties are, in terms of being anti immigration, anti interventionist ,isolationist and protectionist

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies