Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:24 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times

Advertisements

as 'the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights since Nazi occupation'

Quote:
A Belgian region has banned halal and kosher slaughter in a move condemned as the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights since Nazi occupation.
The bill to prohibit the practice was passed unanimously by the environment committee of the Walloon Parliament in the south of the country and similar bills could be rolled out across Belgium.
Meat produced as Jewish kosher or Muslim halal require the fully-conscious animals to have their throats slit in a ritual slaughter in order to drain their blood.
The ban has drawn criticism from the religious community, who have labeled the move as 'scandalous'.
Great to see Belgium isn't totally cucked. Halal, aside from being an inhumane form of slaughter, is one of the biggest ways muslims build their enclaves within other countries, by using it to create jobs that only muslims can do, and by making sure that revenue generated by meat sales stay in the muslim community rather than going to natives of whichever country they're squatting in.

oops forgot link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-Walloon.html

Last edited by Marleinie; 05-08-2017 at 07:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 07:29 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
A positive move for Belgium though I fear that innocent Belgium citizens will pay the price when islam retaliates.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Next thing you know they will have to bake gay marriage cakes.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
as 'the greatest assault on Jewish religious rights since Nazi occupation'

Great to see Belgium isn't totally cucked. Halal, aside from being an inhumane form of slaughter, is one of the biggest ways muslims build their enclaves within other countries, by using it to create jobs that only muslims can do, and by making sure that revenue generated by meat sales stay in the muslim community rather than going to natives of whichever country they're squatting in.

oops forgot link Belgium bans halal and kosher slaughter in Walloon | Daily Mail Online
Ok. And what are your thoughts on Kosher?

Yeah...I noticed that you left that part out.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Most of my fellow Jews who keep kosher are vegetarians for this very reason: they think kosher slaughter methods are cruel.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Yeah.

Let's keep slaughtering kind!

Old 05-09-2017, 08:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Banning this cruel practice? Okay by me.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Neither Halal nor Kosher permit stunning of the animal before slaughter. Some countries make exceptions for Halal and Kosher and some do not. In Europe, 40% of Halal slaughter involves stunning. Not the case with Kosher processing.

This is a long time animal welfare controversy, as well as a them vs us thing. Advocates for Shechita ( Kosher) slaughter argue that their method is more humane and use the analogy of ETC, shock therapy on humans without general anesthesia.

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Je...-than-shechita

Old 05-09-2017, 08:49 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Would this behavior, if cached in a non religious manner, violate existing animal cruelty laws? If so, then it should be illegal in a religious context as well. No special treatment, no special rules based on whatever particular mythology someone subscribes to. If it is legal without the religious context then people who are upset by it should work on making it illegal. Personal I find it needlessly cruel when there are less painful and equally cheap/efficient methods to slaughter animals, and I would avoid buying halal/kosher when there are available alternatives, but I don't really care enough to be a crusader against it or anything.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Most of my fellow Jews who keep kosher are vegetarians for this very reason: they think kosher slaughter methods are cruel.
I work in a Jewish institution and can say I don't know anyone who thinks that. They may think *all* animal consumption is cruel, but Kosher slaughter specifically? Not hardly.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but "most" is a big term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies