Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 05:08 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times

Advertisements

A stray cat is often fuzzy and fun to be around. Politicians spew whatever they think will get them more money.

Give to a charity. We give to one at church that is 100% efficient giving to inner city poor. I gave two RC toys and a big pack of batteries and I saw the pic of a kid with two RC toys and a big pack of batteries. He looked happy. Mission accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Politicians Are Like Stray Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Once you give them a bit of food, you can't get rid of them. This last election when I lived in Florida I gave $50 to a new politician running for representative in my district. The incumbent had been there a lot of years I felt that it was time for him to go.

So in an upset, the new one won. Starting the day after the election it has been a constant plea for more $. When we moved to Tennessee last month, I thought I was done with that. Nope, in the mail today to my new address, here comes another plea for $. I have the feeling that if I moved to the other side of the world, sooner or later they would catch up to me.

Yeah, that's how it works.

I've given small amounts to campaigns and then gotten solicitations for years afterwards. Sometimes I'm convinced they've spent more on junk mail than I ever gave them in the first place.

But, that's our system.

Look at it this way; if we didn't have politicians, we'd have royalty (had a revolution over that) or tyrants like Castro.

It's up to the public to make better choices, is the thing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies