Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 12:57 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I wouldn't say Risk when Banks are bailout by Tax Payers.... That Bailout actually ment rich getting richer with the money of workers, Risk free.
Who do you think is invested in banks? You know... those who provide the capital used to fund mortgages and bank loans?

Here's some info for you...

Quote:
"Can you name the biggest American investor? No, it's not Warren Buffett; as a matter of fact, it is not a person. It is CalPERS, the California Public Employees' Retirement System"...

Exxon
General Electric
Microsoft
Citigroup
Bank of America

Johnson & Johnson
Wal-Mart
Pfizer
Proctor & Gamble
JP Morgan Chase
The Ten Largest Holding of CalPERS, the Biggest U.S. Investor

Had the government not bailed out the banks, local, state, and federal public employee retirees everywhere across the US would not get their pensions or retirement benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 01:05 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
You serious? Good lord. Not intended as a straw man, rather a natural extension of the hate meme. Such tender feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Neither I nor the title I never mentioned illegal drugs. Off topic and a strawman argument. The topic is the title of hating rich or not.

So, here's a novel idea. Quit with the off topic strawman poo. It is fake and intellectually lazy.

Oh and it would be class warfare not identity.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:20 PM

711 posts, read 933,257 times
My take on the rich is that of credit to their abilities and know how. That being said I recognize the role being born to wealth--inheritance--and dumb luck has played in their status. I don't support the notions of super intellect--inherited wealth genetics or a lot of expertise outside of their fields of endeavor. We somehow tend to equate richness with leadership qualities--superior decision making abilities and other glorifications that simply don't score. We see a prime example of this in the news daily.

My experiences with the wealthy have noted the many personable attributes within their personalities. Good communication skills seem to come with the package.
On the darker side of the moon selfishness and arrogance often surfaces. Some feel they have some mysterious guarantee to privilege and are better than others.
If I were in their status perhaps I wouldn't be able to help myself either. I'm sure I won't have to be concerned with that!

Old 05-09-2017, 01:24 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
My take on the rich is that of credit to their abilities and know how. That being said I recognize the role being born to wealth--inheritance--and dumb luck has played in their status. I don't support the notions of super intellect--inherited wealth genetics or a lot of expertise outside of their fields of endeavor. We somehow tend to equate richness with leadership qualities--superior decision making abilities and other glorifications that simply don't score. We see a prime example of this in the news daily.

My experiences with the wealthy have noted the many personable attributes within their personalities. Good communication skills seem to come with the package.
On the darker side of the moon selfishness and arrogance often surfaces. Some feel they have some mysterious guarantee to privilege and are better than others.
If I were in their status perhaps I wouldn't be able to help myself either. I'm sure I won't have to be concerned with that!
The rich got rich or get richer by screwing over everyone else. and that's why the wages have been stagnant since 1980. I know an old guy that's a multi-millionaire he goes to a restaurant and tries to get out of leaving a tip or he'll leave a measly, single DOLLAR when the bill was 50 bucks. Everyone knows rich people like that. They're selfish and greedy. This is your rich people in action. Yeah they're doing wonders for the country.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:37 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who do you think is invested in banks? You know... those who provide the capital used to fund mortgages and bank loans?

Here's some info for you...

The Ten Largest Holding of CalPERS, the Biggest U.S. Investor

Had the government not bailed out the banks, local, state, and federal public employee retirees everywhere across the US would not get their pensions or retirement benefits.
But then you must admit that the System is mocked, the Super rich have managed it to sustain their gains without Risk and thus social mobility will never happen since the system will not allow Rich to become poor by risky investments and will not allow poor to become rich by filling the gaps of the economy where there is real competence since the mocked system does not allow rue competence by bailingout mockers.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Unless you make your own bricks, steel etc. NOT using any known technology or know-how, you are just a cheater.

All of things even the cows you just said were brought to us by blood sucking greedy rich people.
My Father Has caws, tht he inherited from his father, my granfather, who at the same time inherited from his father my grandgrandfather and so on... We have never been rich.

On the other hand, I have bought my bricks with my salary, and not by a mortgage loan I prize the people who work for getting things done and I see despicable the poeple who is seeking the borrowers to give them the credit to suck their blood... have you never ever been molested by Credit Card Bankers? they want you to take a loan and insist and insist and scare you that you may someday need it and they will reject to give it to you.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:57 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Who hates the rich ? They earned it, and in America, that is what most of us strive for. Personally, I have worked side by side with a lot of multimillionaires over the years, and liked most of them a lot.
Liberals hate rich people, except themselves.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL! No, they don't.

They are doing it because WE PAID THEM!!!

If they don't want to do the jobs, millions or billions more would!
Wow. Chill out, there. I never said they were not paid, I only said they are shouldn't be dismissed as uninteresting because they aren't rich. Did you even see the post I was responding to?

Old 05-09-2017, 03:14 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
But then you must admit that the System is mocked, the Super rich have managed it to sustain their gains without Risk and thus social mobility will never happen since the system will not allow Rich to become poor by risky investments and will not allow poor to become rich by filling the gaps of the economy where there is real competence since the mocked system does not allow rue competence by bailingout mockers.
Not true. Read The Millionaire Next Door. 80% of all Americans with a net worth of $1 million or more are first-generation wealthy.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:22 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I do not hate richness- I despise arsleholes - money should NOT change you as a human - if it has- have NO time or sympathy for you -I know a few well off, people- some nice - most NOT- and that includes family------
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies