Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

Multi generational Prosperity is the most effective weapon to use against religious and/or political tyranny. I believe that France will be able, primarily due to population and demographics, to provide prosperity for both native born and immigrant workers in the near future. This will reduce the political power of both major religions in France, and if properly implemented, the rest of the world.

Note: As much as I would like to have a European Vacation from Finland to Greece and all places in between it is still far too expensive. When I do make an international trip it will be to Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 10:06 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
they legally had to "conduct" some level of investigation. Since the law came in people like Stephen Fry have been purposely pushing hard to force charges, everyone knows they will not stand the law is clearly illegal.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:09 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The potential problem with a Macron presidency is that if the country sees hard times, economically, or especially with immigration and/or terrorism, in five years Le Pen will not need to beat around the bush or press the softened stances of her party.

34% can easily become 66% if your nation's leadership denies its own culture and the rest is in economic and social chaos.

On the other hand, maybe he will succeed. Time will tell.
There are more than a few potential problems still brewing...

Maybe you didn't read this article previously posted:

Political scientists have warned that no one should write off the French far right after Marine Le Pen’s presidential loss. The Front National has slowly been gaining ground for the last 45 years and its steady electoral increases must be seen in the long term. The issues that the party has sought to focus on and capitalise from – the terrorist threat, the refugee crisis, immigration, mass unemployment, deindustrialisation, voters who struggle to make ends meet – are unlikely to instantly disappear.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-from-finished

On the other hand, maybe progress will continue more toward Macron's direction despite the headwinds of ignorance...

Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Multi generational Prosperity is the most effective weapon to use against religious and/or political tyranny. I believe that France will be able, primarily due to population and demographics, to provide prosperity for both native born and immigrant workers in the near future. This will reduce the political power of both major religions in France, and if properly implemented, the rest of the world.

Note: As much as I would like to have a European Vacation from Finland to Greece and all places in between it is still far too expensive. When I do make an international trip it will be to Canada.
Agreed.

And if you want an incredible yet affordable vacation, look into Thailand...

Old 05-11-2017, 10:22 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Muslims are still the small minority in all of Europe. And will continue to be so, by a VERY large margin.

You're conjuring up ridiculous notions of fantasy to prove a point that isn't even true.

I have to believe you've never actually been to Europe.
they read only propaganda , the extremists on this thread are grossly ignorant of the real world, they honestly believe some of the stuff they are saying. The rest is just them lying to try to scare people into being afraid of Muslims living here in the USA.

the US population about 1% Muslim , almost all of which have lived here for generations. Happy , productive Americans. They serve in our Military, they are our doctors , our teachers our neighbors.

The posters here attacking Muslims should be ashamed of themselves, they are a disgrace to our nation.

I am delighted to see the French stand up and completely CRUSH the racist hateful Right. I say HA HA HA . all those years of trying to spread hate and they peak at 35% ha ha ha, so much for their dream of a white Europe/USA.

Proud of you France, sad you left the USA looking like the class dunce, we will have to wear our badge of shame for another year or so...

Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
they read only propaganda , the extremists on this thread are grossly ignorant of the real world, they honestly believe some of the stuff they are saying. The rest is just them lying to try to scare people into being afraid of Muslims living here in the USA.

the US population about 1% Muslim , almost all of which have lived here for generations. Happy , productive Americans. They serve in our Military, they are our doctors , our teachers our neighbors.

The posters here attacking Muslims should be ashamed of themselves, they are a disgrace to our nation.

I am delighted to see the French stand up and completely CRUSH the racist hateful Right. I say HA HA HA . all those years of trying to spread hate and they peak at 35% ha ha ha, so much for their dream of a white Europe/USA.

Proud of you France, sad you left the USA looking like the class dunce, we will have to wear our badge of shame for another year or so...
Maybe it's just American tradition...

We did it to the blacks for starters (segregation born of the same sort of phobias, not to mention the lynchings), Italians (who were not all Mafia), the Chinese (who built our railroads), the Japanese (now our strong ally), Hispanics..

It's just in our DNA to demonize different groups of people for whatever reason(s). Today it's Muslims...

Old 05-11-2017, 01:23 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
culture? what culture?

“Our culture can no longer wall itself away from other cultures, as if under voluntary house arrest. We would not have the multiplicity of cultures, this amazing French cultural richness, which exists, by seeking to deny parts of it. French culture doesn’t exist in and of itself; there is no such thing as a single French culture. There is culture in France and it is diverse and multiple. And I will not exclude from this culture, certain authors or musicians or artists, on the pretext that they supposedly come from elsewhere.”

Macron never said that there is no 'French culture.' Fake news 101 again.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
“Our culture can no longer wall itself away from other cultures, as if under voluntary house arrest. We would not have the multiplicity of cultures, this amazing French cultural richness, which exists, by seeking to deny parts of it. French culture doesn’t exist in and of itself; there is no such thing as a single French culture. There is culture in France and it is diverse and multiple. And I will not exclude from this culture, certain authors or musicians or artists, on the pretext that they supposedly come from elsewhere.”

Macron never said that there is no 'French culture.' Fake news 101 again.
Thanks!

If only more people could read, listen, hear -- fairly, reasonably, objectively -- rather than be so inclined toward all the alternative propaganda that seems only to reaffirm their ignorance and/or disrespect for the truth...

Old 05-12-2017, 07:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
You can forget your Democratic friends like Schumer, Polse and HRC that are in full anti America Mode
Huh???????

Old 05-13-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

True. What I would call one of the more significant political game-changers. Here too in Australia...

The key to unlocking the shift in attitudes is the 26 years of uninterrupted economic growth in Australia. It has unleashed the two reinforcing demographic trends that tilt an electorate to the left: booming cities and mass migration.

In 1996, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth accounted for just under 55 percent of Australia’s population. But they were responsible for 70 percent of the nation’s population growth over the next 20 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/o...yt-region&_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies