Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 02:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Who is asking for money at gunpoint??
Name one thing on the liberal's agenda that does not involve violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 02:41 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yes, taxes, particularly income tax.

Taxes used on national defense and law enforcement are totally justified, but when we get into wealth distribution, it is not.
Why? Why is one justified and the other not? Wasnt "violence" the issue?

Old 05-09-2017, 02:42 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
^This right here. The laymen left buy into the propaganda. It's not to "save" people. For instance, California want to "help" illegals because they are compassionate. Wrong. California is full of big business that abuses slave labor. That's the truth. That's why they protect illegals.

California want to mandate all vaccines because they care about the nation getting ill. Nope. It's just incentive for big pharma, and they got donations.

NAFTA, such a great global idea, it helps us all especially places like poor ole Mexico. Wrong, NAFTA ruined Mexico for local farmers. After NAFTA they started coming over to America in droves because NAFTA put their farms out of business.

Obamacare. Great for everyone. NOPE. OBC cut $700 million in benefits for seniors, you can't keep your own doctor, or find any doctor for that matter who accepts it and those premiums are through the roof. It's a shame, and it was voted in by party politics not a legitimate concern for people and their healthcare.

What sums it up best is, Democrats think they're somehow better than Republicans but they're not. They're the same wolf, with a different sheep costume on. They have an agenda, and it's not that they care about everyone.
That's what's irritating. That, and they cry and have fits in public like babies more than republicans do. lol
Whats the agenda of left wingers?

Old 05-09-2017, 02:48 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Sum it up. You dont wanna pay taxes then? What would you do with poor people? What do right wingers want to do with poor people?
Make the job market thrive so they can get jobs. Help eliminate drug use and unwed/single parent homes, since it's been proven that kids in a single parent home are more likely to live in poverty and get involved in gangs/drugs. Encourage effective policing to reduce crime. Secure our borders to avoid influxes of people that take jobs under the table which lowers wages for citizens, stresses our school systems, raises property taxes to pay for schools and county jospitals, increases welfare costs (by having children here that receive food stamps/healthcare/schooling).

Last edited by Spottednikes; 05-09-2017 at 03:02 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 02:54 PM

778 posts, read 339,272 times
Quote:
I do help, but its obvious that with my limited income i cant change anything. The idea is that if we all pool together some money according to our incomes we could ALLTOGETHER help those in need.

Everyone haves to contribute.

In any case, if you hate helping people, you might be against contributing, but why being against the ones that want to help?

The idea is to pool OTHER people's money together to help the people that certain groups DEEM are in need.

You can make a difference if the government didn't confiscate a portion of your income to pay for their staffs and their free gasoline and their pet projects, etc., and instead let you USE YOUR OWN MONEY TO FUND CHARITABLE PROGRAMS that actually help.

No one is against anyone who contributes time or money to assist those in need. For me, personally, I am against some using MY EARNINGS to fund those projects THEY feel are necessary.

Just because I don't want the government to determine who should benefit from MY EARNINGS, does not mean I do not care about, or donate my time and money to help others.

The difference between us is that I believe that it is MY DUTY to provide for the needy. You believe that it is the government's RIGHT to confiscate from others to provide to those people whom the government deems "needy." The poverty level is a number created by the government and changed based on politics and not true need.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
How do you propose helping people?
Im geniunely curious

The same way it was done before the Government went to war on Poverty and destroyed the black family and created the cycle of dependency among millions of Americans.

PRIVATE CHARITY!

Old 05-09-2017, 03:00 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
So, in this forum i see "leftie" used as an insult. And i ask: what is wrong with wanting equality and social justice? Why the fact that lefties want to help the less fortunate makes THEM the problem. Isnt the problem the system in where this less fortunate people dont fit? How can the people that want to help be the problem and be used as an insult?

What really bothers you so much about the left? Im really asking for rational explanations.
It's not left wing ideologies that upset the right. It's the ridiculous and blatant hypocrisy. The left CALLS themselves the party of "inclusion" until you disagree with them. THEN they go on the attack..disrupting political gatherings, chasing Republican kids off campus, etc....

They are entitled to their beliefs no matter how much anyone disagrees with them. Many have died to secure that right. However, for a party that portends to be so "inclusive" and non-judgemental, why do they continually bash the right and vehemently attack anyone that disagrees???

Another note.....Bernie Sanders...the true left outright f'd him and the entire left is "okay" with it....don't you believe in equality? Let every man/woman have their chance? Play fair? They cheated every way they could to win the election and STILL lost.....Donna Brazile and her outright lying, gets caught, and they keep her around....REEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLY......how about Wasserman Schultz? Works....HARD to screw Bernie over gets caught, and they simply move her to another position......

You want transparency and offer anything but....you want justice and continue to break every rule, law, and doctrine you can to get your way....you want secure borders but, you want illegal immigrants simply for more votes to change the landscape....

Hypocrisy exists on BOTH sides of the aisle but, the left has taken it to the extreme....we, on the right, may not agree with you but, do we chase YOU off campus??? disrupt YOUR gatherings???? uh......nope.....I have yet to see a timed disruption where one Republican after another stands up at planned intervals to interrupt Hillary or any other left wing candidate....

There WAS a time when Democrats did truly work to help the downtrodden. There was also a time when most Republicans did the same. But, don't for a second think the left your brother's keeper. You ignore when the left's biggest idiots commit the biggest crimes and make them heroes......i.e. Michael Brown....the 6' 5" thug who got clipped after he attacked Darryl Wilson...even Holder, the AG of hate and anti-whitey agreed he (Darryl) did NOTHING wrong....after two attempts to prove the contrary...and what do you morons do? Build a monument to a thug....REAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYYY????

We believed Nixon was a crook. So was Agnew.....you? Believe Hillary was a saint....Kennedy's g'friends simply couldn't swim and Harry Reid played fair......

I don't see the right being so antagonistic....I do, however, see the left kicking and screaming, literally, when things don't go their way...we didn't like Obama but, we didn't disrupt his speeches or scream "Your not my President" at every turn.....6 months after the election ended......and noooooo signs of letting up....we tried to work with him in the Congress and Senate and Reid simply stalled every piece of legislation that came before him. Hundreds of them all the while claiming he would work with the Republicans. No he wouldn't and no, he didn't...as in the words of Pelosi after the 2008 election; "we won" and promptly did whatever they wanted to with every executive order imaginable......times change....now the shoe is somewhat on the other foot, you are crying in your cheerios when some of those ill fated executive orders were reversed.....

No, let's see you sit down quietly and take THIS for 8 years.....grumble, sure....complain, you bet, point out Trump's faults, absolutely but, don't cause civil disruptions that hurt EVERYONE.....man up and endure 8 years of not getting your way and show you can take some adversity......the only miracle I have seen is that no college professor of the incredibly hard left has been shot.....yet.......on any college campus....what they have done at Berkeley is beyond reasonable....I'm no fan of Ann Coulter but, she has the right to speak in safety afforded Saul Alinsky's of the world...pay her the same courtesy....

That in a nutshell is precisely why the right does not like the farrrrr left....the lunatic fringe.....free thought and ideas has to be a two-way street and it has to be civil. It can't be just for Democrats or just for Republicans. That is what America fought and died for. Give civility a chance and who knows? Maybe some things can be worked out in a bi-partisan fashion.

Hard right or hard left is not good for anyone. It's time the left started mellowing a bit and start to work with this administration. I would think you want jobs as bad as we do and with a healthy working base you have incredible tax revenues....the food that fuels the left's unending appetite to live off of others....

Old 05-09-2017, 03:07 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
^This right here. The laymen left buy into the propaganda. It's not to "save" people. For instance, California want to "help" illegals because they are compassionate. Wrong. California is full of big business that abuses slave labor. That's the truth. That's why they protect illegals.

California want to mandate all vaccines because they care about the nation getting ill. Nope. It's just incentive for big pharma, and they got donations.

NAFTA, such a great global idea, it helps us all especially places like poor ole Mexico. Wrong, NAFTA ruined Mexico for local farmers. After NAFTA they started coming over to America in droves because NAFTA put their farms out of business.

Obamacare. Great for everyone. NOPE. OBC cut $700 million in benefits for seniors, you can't keep your own doctor, or find any doctor for that matter who accepts it and those premiums are through the roof. It's a shame, and it was voted in by party politics not a legitimate concern for people and their healthcare.

What sums it up best is, Democrats think they're somehow better than Republicans but they're not. They're the same wolf, with a different sheep costume on. They have an agenda, and it's not that they care about everyone.
That's what's irritating. That, and they cry and have fits in public like babies more than republicans do. lol
^^^^This is spot on! Very well put!

The left loves illegal aliens. They hate the thought of putting walls on our border and whine continually about it. They make excuses like "walls don't work". Yet they ignore the fact that the wall Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings.

They hate calling them illegal aliens and try to force others to call them "undocumented immigrants". Along those lines, they love to lump them in with legal immigrants.

The left puts illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. They want to give illegals everything while ignoring suffering Americans.

Of course most liberals don't have any illegals living in their neighborhoods and going to their local schools. They accuse those who tell stories about how illegals destroyed their neighborhoods and schools as being liars. Liberals love illegals as long as they aren't in their neighborhoods. Everybody says it's the conservatives that hire illegals but liberals do their share of hiring them. More often than not, their nannies, gardeners and cleaning ladies are here illegally.

Liberals behave like that because they are all about open borders. They wring their hands over the environment but fight tooth and nail against reducing the number of legal immigrants we allow in on an annual basis. They also scream loudly when illegals get deported. In other words, they are hypocrites who really don't care about the environment.

Quote:
Whats the agenda of left wingers?
Take a look at what I posted above^^^^. That's a big part of it as well as creating lots of sub groups within the population and demand that those subgroups get all sorts of benefits and freebies because, supposedly, they are suffering. Many liberals are filled with white guilt and feel that white people need to be punished for the sins of their ancestors.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Sum it up. You dont wanna pay taxes then? What would you do with poor people? What do right wingers want to do with poor people?

Right wingers give more to charitable organizations then left wingers. That is what we do. We provide to people directly with our own earning and don't force others to give up their earnings because we think they should.

Do you ever stop for a minute and think about how tyrannical it is to force another person to give up the money they earn for their families because YOU want to help a certain group of people? Do you ever stop to think that the money taken by the government is being used by that family to help others in need?

Of course not. The one thing I learned during my period as a lemming...I mean leftist, is that a key difference between the left's ideology and the right's ideology is that leftist's believe the worst of human nature and right wingers believe in the best of human nature.

Examples:

Leftist: Unless the government forces people to pay for the poor, no one will help them. This is projection by the left. Just look at the tax returns of democrat politicians to see how much they donate privately to charities that provide for the poor or for children.

Leftist: The government must enforce morality on society, because people are not inherently good. Except it was government that upheld slavery (SCOTUS). It was government (democrats) that upheld Jim Crow Laws and pushed against the Civil Rights Movement. It is government that forces Nuns to fund birth control and abortions. It is the government that enforces unilateral contracts like Social Security "Insurance" without the ability of future generations to "opt out" of having their earning confiscated, etc.

People are incapable of achieving success without relying on government intervention. If you do succeed on your own, you did so by cheating, by "privilege" or by some other reason than hard work, sacrifice and dedication.

"Right wing"

People are inherently generous and when they are able to make a comfortable living for their family, they are likely to give what they can to assist others.

People are more likely to be moral and law abiding then not.

People should be allowed to succeed or fail on their own merits, because sometime failure leads to greatness and everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve greatness.

Every single person has the ability within themselves to make their dreams happen. That doesn't mean that they will not face obstacles and roadblocks, it means that they will work to overcome those obstacles and they will be rewarded for their hard work.

Families and friends are the first safety net a person should turn to for help. If a person cannot get charity from friends or family, then why should a stranger be forced to provide charity to this person.

Charity is undeniably a requirement of civil society, but it should be given willingly and with joy in the heart of the giver, not resentment and frustration.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am a political moderate, and I think both left-wingers and right-wingers are very important. When the country goes too far left, the right will triumph in the next election to pull it back; and when the country goes too far right, the country will then vote left to pull it back. This has happened time and time again, but especially in this century and the last.

I just wish that we could have a reasonable and moderate POTUS for a change -- or at least one that is a mix of the two ideologies. My favorite Presidents since 1900 have been Kennedy, Clinton, and both Roosevelts -- all of whom would be considered either moderates or a "mix" in today's world -- and also Carter because, imo, he was (is) the most honest and I think that he truly wanted to make the world a better place for everyone.

Except Jews, of course. Dude was/is one raging anti-Semite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies