Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 07:09 PM

45,078 posts, read 26,245,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
True

Im guessing i would get different answers in the real world cause this is too much i dont know where to start
Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.

Down with the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,339,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Wanting to help others isn't macho enough.
There's a prime example of what's wrong about left wingers.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to help others, it's too bad lefties only want to use OTHER peoples money to do it.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,494,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.

Down with the state.
What in gods name are you talking about?

Old 05-09-2017, 07:29 PM

10,356 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
I do help, but its obvious that with my limited income i cant change anything. The idea is that if we all pool together some money according to our incomes we could ALLTOGETHER help those in need.

Everyone haves to contribute.

In any case, if you hate helping people, you might be against contributing, but why being against the ones that want to help?
I think we need to worry about the people that have been citizens of this country first. How's Flint, Michigan's water crisis going? You all get upset when a white cop kills a black person, but ignore the fact that there is far more black on black crime. Why is it only black lives matter when it's a cop who does the killing? What about when the bakery didn't want to bake a cake for the gay wedding? Why force the business to do something that was against their religious beliefs? Why not just go to a bakery that does want to give them business. I'm like, if someone didn't want to serve me food, I'm not going to get a judge order to force them, because if I were in their shoes, I'd be pulling a Minnie sweet potato pie trick (anyone who watched The Help will know what I am talking about)

Have you seen the show Decoded on MTV? They are trying to make every little thing white people do into something racist. Even the OK sign. GTFO of here with that crap. This is why people are sick of the left. I used to be a democrat, but then it took a black republican to open my eyes. He got good grades and put himself through school and got a good engineering job at a big industrial plant. All of his hard work, his pension, all of it, went out the window the moment democrat Bill Clinton signed the NAFTA agreement.

Then Obamacare. Rates went up, coverage went down! Before, I was paying only 12 bucks a week. Now it's 54. How the hell is that saving me money? Why is it everytime a democrat is in power, things get worse for me and other hard working folks.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,495,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Improving nutrition for mothers and children.
Unless you are paying that out of your own pocket voluntarily, how does that not involve violence?

Old 05-09-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Sum it up. You dont wanna pay taxes then? What would you do with poor people? What do right wingers want to do with poor people?
This is the thing, just because people pay taxes into helping people via a program, what makes you think that money is going to go to the people who need it? We all know politicians are corrupt as hell, so more tha likely they'll keep most of that money to themselves because they really don't care about you, me or the poor hobo down the street.

Best thing to do is fund driving. Let communities set up their own charities and let the people decide for themselves if they want to help fund and maybe even come out and actually help physically. I donate my free time at the nearby St Judes children's hospital helping fund raisers to get money for medical supplies, toys and educational stuff for the kids. And I also help at a farm for abused and neglected animals. I'd rather see people doing this on their own free will, not being forced to do it. Especially since I really don't know where that money is going to.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:09 PM

2,953 posts, read 986,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
The left needs to stop making everything about government.

The right needs to stop making everything about religion.
Bingo. The most mind-blowing concept you could ever teach a liberal would be that government is not the solution to all problems. Your chances of success would likely be somewhere on a par with Galileo convincing Pope Urban VIII that the earth orbits around the sun. Watch out you don't get your nuts branded for heresy though.

... And such religious idiocy is a good segue into your point about the right. I believe that the social conservatism of the evangelical right is the poison pill that the GOP has swallowed. If they could just eject the Christian right the GOP would be unbeatable and the Democrats would become a marginalized party perpetually garnering a whopping 20% of the vote. Conservative politicians should stick to their significant strengths like economics, jobs, defense and law and order and get the hell out of bedrooms bathrooms and wombs.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Bingo. The most mind-blowing concept you could ever teach a liberal would be that government is not the solution to all problems. Your chances of success would likely be somewhere on a par with Galileo convincing Pope Urban VIII that the earth orbits around the sun. Watch out you don't get your nuts branded for heresy though.

... And such religious idiocy is a good segue into your point about the right. I believe that the social conservatism of the evangelical right is the poison pill that the GOP has swallowed. If they could just eject the Christian right the GOP would be unbeatable and the Democrats would become a marginalized party perpetually garnering a whopping 20% of the vote. Conservative politicians should stick to their significant strengths like economics, jobs, defense and law and order and get the hell out of bedrooms bathrooms and wombs.
Yeah, I'm not big into religion. When the LGBT were fighting for marriage, I believe the government should have taken this opportunity to butt out of marriage altogether. It's ridiculous that we should have to go to the government to ask for permission if we want to marry someone or not. It's none of their damn business!

Old 05-09-2017, 08:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,824,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yeah, I'm not big into religion. When the LGBT were fighting for marriage, I believe the government should have taken this opportunity to butt out of marriage altogether. It's ridiculous that we should have to go to the government to ask for permission if we want to marry someone or not. It's none of their damn business!
You can marry without government. You just are not entitled to the benefits or held to certain responsibilities that comes with a government marriage.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,880,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You can marry without government. You just are not entitled to the benefits or held to certain responsibilities that comes with a government marriage.
Ummm, that is never gonna happen and since the government is not allowed to discriminate those married under the law will be entitled to the same benefits as any other married couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies