Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 12:49 AM

12,934 posts, read 7,101,576 times

Advertisements

I really don't care that Trump fired him, but I find it strange that he would say Comey told him he was cleared of the Russian probe. I'm a Trump voter but these statements he makes is crazy from his letter it sounds like he is firing Comey because Trump is trying to interfere in the Russian investigation it's possible something has been uncovered.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:52 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,270,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What I find hilarious is how DEM's are racing to defend Comney when during and after the election they treated him like he was working for Trump and Russia.
It's not about defending Comey. The name of the person in that office is irrelevant to the argument. It's about the President firing the very person that is investigating him and his campaign.

Don't know why that's so hard to understand.

This time Trump's lack of historical understanding of the office and of the country has bit him in the rear. The kind of move only a true narcissist would make.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:59 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,655,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
It's not about defending Comey. The name of the person in that office is irrelevant to the argument. It's about the President firing the very person that is investigating him and his campaign.

This time Trump's lack of historical understanding of the office and of the country has bit him in the rear. The kind of move only a true narcissist would make.
Well said.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:00 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,694,656 times
Trump complained to his inner circle that Comey was "his own man". In other words he was running the FBI the way that America's most important law enforcement agency should be run. The FBI directors responsibility is to the law and the constitution not the president.

Let's not forget that Trump was praising Comey for his toughness in dealing with the Clinton investigation, Trump said he had "guts" and was a good man. Now Trump fires him for the way Comey treated Clinton, you can't make this stuff up. Also I should add that Comey had asked the justice dept for more resources to help with his investigation into the Trump election team's connections with the Russians.

Trump said that he fired Comey based on a memo sent to him from deputy AG Rosenstein that suggested Comey should be fired, Rosenstein has since denied this and has threatened to resign.

The one thing that most people in Washington seem to agree on is that the timing of this stinks to high heaven, and that Trump is trying to disrupt the investigation on his and his election team's connections with Russia. I don't think Trump will last a single term based on his behaviour as president, he obviously has serious personality issues.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:20 AM

628 posts, read 693,588 times
Quote:

WOW! You R my hero! I agree 100%

Old 05-11-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Trump complained to his inner circle that Comey was "his own man". In other words he was running the FBI the way that America's most important law enforcement agency should be run. The FBI directors responsibility is to the law and the constitution not the president.

Let's not forget that Trump was praising Comey for his toughness in dealing with the Clinton investigation, Trump said he had "guts" and was a good man. Now Trump fires him for the way Comey treated Clinton, you can't make this stuff up. Also I should add that Comey had asked the justice dept for more resources to help with his investigation into the Trump election team's connections with the Russians.

Trump said that he fired Comey based on a memo sent to him from deputy AG Rosenstein that suggested Comey should be fired, Rosenstein has since denied this and has threatened to resign.

The one thing that most people in Washington seem to agree on is that the timing of this stinks to high heaven, and that Trump is trying to disrupt the investigation on his and his election team's connections with Russia. I don't think Trump will last a single term based on his behaviour as president, he obviously has serious personality issues.
Really?!! He's threatening Trump with his resignation?! It figures we elect a reality tv president and we get a reality tv drama to boot. Crazy ass ****!

Old 05-11-2017, 01:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,582,249 times
Quote:

Ummm..NO

It is not the PERSON investigating..its the office. The FBI does not consist of one man. Firing Comey does not end the witch hunt. We all know this, so the fact that you are trying to push some buthurt narrative just shows your partisanship.

You talk of Trump's lack of historical understanding..how many people did Obummer fire during his reign? How about Bill Clinton? Didnt he fire an FBI director while he was being investigated?

Old 05-11-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ummm..NO

It is not the PERSON investigating..its the office. The FBI does not consist of one man. Firing Comey does not end the witch hunt. We all know this, so the fact that you are trying to push some buthurt narrative just shows your partisanship.

You talk of Trump's lack of historical understanding..how many people did Obummer fire during his reign? How about Bill Clinton? Didnt he fire an FBI director while he was being investigated?
So you think the entire FBI is involved in a witch hunt? I'd say they are involved in the upholding of our constitution and rule of law.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 AM

24,483 posts, read 33,194,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
He has a republican congress, Trump can lie all he wants. If this was Clinton with a Repub Congress, well then you get impeached for lying about a BJ.
Lying under oath (perjury), obstructing justice and witness tampering are crimes... it doesn't matter what it was about.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:50 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,582,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
So you think the entire FBI is involved in a witch hunt? I'd say they are involved in the upholding of our constitution and rule of law.
So why isn't Hillary sitting in a prison cell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies