Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:36 PM

38,971 posts, read 50,902,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
LOL. Trump et al claiming that Comey was fired because he was mean to Hillary.
and Kellyanne coming out of hiding to say so on CNN. Who knew the unfairness to Hillary has been eating Trump for all these months?

Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,452,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If this is true, we will know soon enough. Comey didn't do investigations in a vacuum and others will be aware of Trump's "Russian connections".

I tend to think Comey was fired due to incompetence, his lack of trustworthiness, combined with your first assumption. Comey didn't charge Hillary or Susan Rice or others for misdeeds, choosing instead to hold the powerful people under his thumb to accumulate his own personal "power".

We will see.
In firing Comey, Trump said he had acted on the recommendation of Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod Rosenstein, a career prosecutor who is overseeing the FBI's handling of the Russia investigation because Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions has stepped aside from any role in it.

In a memorandum to Sessions, which was released by the White House, Rosenstein harshly criticized Comey for his actions going back to last July, when he held a news conference to announce that the FBI would not seek charges against Clinton in the email investigation but denounced her conduct.

That was a serious misjudgment, Rosenstein wrote, adding, "The goal of a federal criminal investigation is not to announce our thoughts at a press conference."
Trump fires FBI chief, citing handling of Clinton email investigation - LA Times

Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM

12,939 posts, read 9,551,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I love how Comey keeps going from good guy to bad guy depending upon the issue and which way the winds blow.
Absolutely, I'm sure Trump and all the people who hate Clinton, just loved Comey days before the election though.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,873,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
LOL. Trump et al claiming that Comey was fired because he was mean to Hillary.
Does anyone seriously believe this? Sheesh.

What about Preet Bahrara?

Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,892,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
In firing Comey, Trump said he had acted on the recommendation of Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod Rosenstein, a career prosecutor who is overseeing the FBI's handling of the Russia investigation because Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions has stepped aside from any role in it.

In a memorandum to Sessions, which was released by the White House, Rosenstein harshly criticized Comey for his actions going back to last July, when he held a news conference to announce that the FBI would not seek charges against Clinton in the email investigation but denounced her conduct.

That was a serious misjudgment, Rosenstein wrote, adding, "The goal of a federal criminal investigation is not to announce our thoughts at a press conference."
Trump fires FBI chief, citing handling of Clinton email investigation - LA Times
This is why he should be fired. Investigate Trump. Hire a special investigator. Firing Comey should have been done long ago. It should have been done when he said that someone else would have been charged for what Hillary did. What he was saying is that there are some people above the law. That idea coming from the head of the FBI damaged the country.

Do we understand that many get away with things others won't? Sure, but the head of the FBI stating that there are different standards depending on who you are? Unacceptable.

8,081 posts, read 6,896,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

Yeah Trump fired Comey now because of events transpiring in July. Now of all times... seems legit.

33,465 posts, read 17,983,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would hope that anyone could see the problem in Trump firing Comey at this point in time is a rather large issue. This is May, why wasn't this done in January.
Trump didn't have any attorney general in the office and I'm sure that Loretta Lynch was protecting him. Loretta Lynch was dirty.. Hillary was given special treatment and a pass for her lying under oath to the FBI. Loretta Lynch and Comey were both dirty . Hillary could still be indicted and I hope she is. They have plenty of evidence against her.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The swamp is getting lower.
Not by a long shot, things in Washington are just as crazy as they ever were. It's a freak show everyday. The swamp is about to flood over.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I am seeing reports that Comey went to Rod Rosenstein (Deputy Attorney General) to seek criminal charges for up to 40 people, and then Trump and Sessions decided to fire him.

Trump has got to be the stupidest man on Earth. Now everyone is going to think he has something to hide, if he's not guilty of something than I don't see why he did this. Does this guy not understand optics?
I agree

Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 PM

7,161 posts, read 4,718,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I'm sure he's shaking in his booties...
Why else would he fire so many people connected to the Russian investigation?

The truth WILL come out. It always does.

Why does Trump hyperventilate so much to deny ANY involvement with Russia? Trump even inserted in Comey's termination letter that "you told me on three separate occasions that I'm not being investigated". The lady doth protest too much.

So yeah, Trump feels threatened. He's scared. Bigly. This is just the beginning.

...parallel to Nixon firing Archibald Cox...

Last edited by EDnurse; 05-09-2017 at 08:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies