Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:21 AM

17,379 posts, read 9,207,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Dumbocrats will likely not be happy with whoever he picks. That's been their M.O. since his election. They manufacture reasons to not accept anyone he nominates for anything. I cannot think of one person that they haven't found reason to be against. This is their strategy.

Strangely, the Dumbocrats think that all this 'resistance' will get their power back in 2018, and the White House in 2020. Very doubtful. They haven't changed their thinking on anything, which is why Trump won in the first place. "It's your politics, stupid," we might say. They just don't 'get it.'

I vote for Trey Gowdy for FBI Director (but that's bound to make the Dumbocrats absolutely come unglued).
I like Raymond Kelly for FBI Director - he will "unglue" Schumer even more than Gowdy would, because Schumer has promoted Kelly in the past as FBI Director.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:22 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I don't think a president can unilaterally fire an FBI director. In any case he should have been removed from office months ago after he botched and then re-botched the Clinton e-mail server investigation and irreparably compromised the integrity of the FBI.
But then that would have required action on the part of Obama. But he did not do that.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:22 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,579,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Innocent men don't fear investigations.

........and they don't fire the people in charge of them.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,066,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
All of this is one big, fat nothingburger. What's better is that the more Democrats focus on the fake Russia issue, the less time they have rebuilding their party from ashes. Fine with me!
If Russia is so fake why is their an investigation. I don't care who the target is I wand to know why Russia is so entangled in our political system. You should also want to know unless you are being paid off.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:25 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
I don't like the way Trump fired him...not right...however, I also don't like the way he stood up there and told Congress that their finds were that Hillary misused her emails....but did nothing....

What would have happened if at that time, he would have prosecuted Hillary? They couldn't. She was once again protected.

that was wrong, he was covering up for Obama...and Hillary to win the election.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:26 AM

51,617 posts, read 25,673,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Oh....my god.
Watch Tillerson chuckle during the Russian diplomat's sarcastic performance about how of course he knew about Comey's firing. Why wouldn't he?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:30 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,332,921 times
The poll in this thread is another example of fake news.... President Trump is not being investigated....he is all clear. #fakenews

Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,707,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
If Russia is so fake why is their an investigation. I don't care who the target is I wand to know why Russia is so entangled in our political system. You should also want to know unless you are being paid off.
Russia is a world power. They are invested in ALL elections.

What did you say about Barack sending his agents to Israel to lobby against Netanyahu?
How about Hillary ordering the bombing of Libya to remove Ghadaffi?
What about Barack interfering with the Brexit vote?

Here's an oldie but a goodie! How about the Chinese bankrolling Al Gore's campaign? Remember Johnny Chung?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:33 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,429,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The Dems have this all wrong. Trump isn't trying to cover anything up. He's legitimately innocent and is incensed that the Russia nonsense has taken away from his unbelievable victory. The issue is he watches too much TV and cares too much what the media thinks.

That is actually scarier to me than anything. The only time he's gotten good coverage from the media establishment is when he launched strikes against Syria. Lord knows what he'll do now to get good coverage again.

He has a legitimate beef but he has to be more measured in his response or he'll keep fueling the fire.
Then wouldn't the sensible thing to do be to hasten the investigation with all of the help you could provide it?

Just like his refusal to publish his tax returns. the man has far more to hide than he's willing to reveal.

Arrogance and maleficence has been his hallmark throughout his career; why would you expect him to be different while ruining your country. Ooops, misspelled "running"........NOT!

Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,332,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump is entertaining the Russians today in DC. I wonder if they are checking out the WH to see what they bought.
Are the democrats still looking for Bigfoot too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies