Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:27 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,223 times

Advertisements

Things seem to move quickly on this topic, so maybe I'm getting behind, but Lindsay Graham apparently believes so.

Graham: Russia probe seems to be 'criminal investigation'

I suppose it can be both counter-intelligence and criminal. Based on what we reasonably know, I suppose it could be criminal from the money laundering side with someone being blackmailed into providing US intel to the Ruskies.

Lindsays thinking so puts greater degree of reasonableness on Yates testimony.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 04:33 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,177,954 times
Interesting. So this actually could be a good thing for Trump as the Congressional probes would be more a public airing...and they would be somehow negatively affected? (& why have a Congressional probe when the you have a Special Counsel investigating the same things?)

Probably the best course of action for Trump would be for Congress to back-off and let this Special Council thing roll on in the background maybe quieter and less in the media spotlight....?

Old 05-18-2017, 06:18 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Brilliant...............the political scenario plays-out kinda like I thought it would.

Feckless, whiiiimpy, disloyal Republirats and the Dog****ocrats being politically brilliant and ruthless, like usual.

He may not make it through his first term.

I hope Trump at least gets one more SCOTUS appointment.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:31 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Brilliant...............the political scenario plays-out kinda like I thought it would.

Feckless, whiiiimpy, disloyal Republirats and the Dog****ocrats being politically brilliant and ruthless, like usual.

He may not make it through his first term.

I hope Trump at least gets one more SCOTUS appointment.
roe v wade was a mostly conservative panel of judges with 7 voting for it 2 against. 5 republicans if i recall correctly 2 dem v 1 of each...

Furthermore the SCOTUS has already suggested they are done and will not revisit. either way dont ge excited judges tend to move to the center of things once in, they want to represent the NATION not a party despite what so many hope for , but there is more. If you really want change, change the LAWs that is easier , faster and most likely to work. SCOTUS looks at both bits, the law and that hoary old scrap of paper.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:58 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
No surprise some conservatives want to also try to get rid of Trump so they can replace him with Pence

Old 05-18-2017, 07:00 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Susan Collins was on npr earlier. She said that the Senate investigation will be focused on counterintelligence and the special counsel on the criminal investigation.

Senator Merklee(sp?) Tweeted out that the hearing was deeply disturbing. He did not elaborate.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Susan Collins was on npr earlier. She said that the Senate investigation will be focused on counterintelligence and the special counsel on the criminal investigation.

Senator Merklee(sp?) Tweeted out that the hearing was deeply disturbing. He did not elaborate.
Honestly it may be deeply disturbing because of what we know Russia did, and how well it worked. Even based on what I know it is deeply disturbing.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:17 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Honestly it may be deeply disturbing because of what we know Russia did, and how well it worked. Even based on what I know it is deeply disturbing.
Deep state could say it is Russia and just may be a disgruntled democrat that supported Bernie. This is who Assange said is the source . Deep state may make up that Russia is the hacker. I don't buy it. The swamp is also the Intel community. Someone leaked,and the swamp is also in the White House.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:48 PM

587 posts, read 305,028 times
There's No Evidence man !

why are you wasting taxpayer dollars on this liberal quackery don't you realize this too is going to blow up in your face and make President Trump the Greatest President of All Time !

Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No surprise some conservatives want to also try to get rid of Trump so they can replace him with Pence
No surprise in the least. Pence is a far right leaning (some say much more alt-right) Repub. Conservatives want someone ideologically close to them. Many 'pubs are horrified at Trump, didn't want him in the first place, and would not be sorry to see him go.

Trump is only playing at this, he's not really a Republican, he spent the vast majority of his adult years as a Democrat. He actually supported HRC and only became 'the nemesis' to run for office and have someone to bash to gain favor with people who would vote for him. He played everyone, the big BS'er was never going to try to get HRC indicted--he literally dropped that the day after he got elected. Chris Christie said it was just election rhetoric on behalf of Trump, a few days later, speaking for Trump. Trump followers didn't get the memo nor understood they were being played.

Even Fox news (yes, them) opined yesterday and today that Trump is trying to figure out how and when to resign, that he wants to declare whatever he did "a win," but he wants out. If it isn't obvious by now that Trump never actually wanted the job of Prez, you should pay attention. Trump is miserable as Prez; he is in wayyyyyy over his head. Being President is often a thankless job, it is not the glamorous champagne caviar life every day. Trump wants to be loved, admired, in charge of everything and not have to compromise. Those are the exact wrong traits to be President in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies