Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 05:10 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times

Advertisements

Thread fail. Did you even read this?

Old 05-10-2017, 08:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I don't care what celebrities or anyone says about ANY products on their own Social Media Pages.

They have that right.... just as we do

The FTC has NO BUSINESS nosing into any possible financial arrangements between two people they've decided to stalk on social media

FTC needs to be WORKING such as responding to complaints. Not surfing social media pages for victims they can randomly harass
Oh those poooor celebs that are obviously abused and soooooo destitute they can't defend themselves or afford an attorney.
Man, it must be absolutely horrible to not have a huge soapbox to shout from, those poor,poor, babies. Maybe you should start a go fund me account to help them?
Social media is going to be the death of us all...

Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Do you know who jd Rockefeller was?
Yes, Rockefeller was an innovator and businessman who through efficiencies brought inexpensive oil to the marketplace and was attacked by the fedguv and his competitors for doing so.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Old JD effectively used Standard Oil to eliminate competition in the pricing of oil. The industry made huge amounts of money one the oligopoly put a floor on prices. Making money has always been more important than systematic economic purity.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,525 times
Quote:
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) needs to be fined and kicked off of social media completely

Talk about an abuse of the site

And fined bigtime

Seriousl.... trolling Celebrities websites on social media and demanding they stop endorse products on their OWN PAGES??

Our Tax dollars do not go to pay for the FTC to spend all day on social media harassing people.

Someone need to do their job instead of dick-ing around surfing various websites for victims.

Who-ever is responsible from the FTC for threatening these celebrities needs to loose their job(s).

Un. Fricken. Believable

https://www.yahoo.com/style/ftc-issu...212910992.html
Ohh boo hoo, poor little massively rich celebrities are having issues making millions of dollars!

Let me shed a tear about how they aren't given special treatment over everyone else in this one matter where they do get special treatment everywhere else.

Let me shed a tear!

Old 05-10-2017, 10:05 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes, Rockefeller was an innovator and businessman who through efficiencies brought inexpensive oil to the marketplace and was attacked by the fedguv and his competitors for doing so.
We have officially entered the spin zone.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:22 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Thread fail. Did you even read this?
Of course. Threatenng Letters were sent out to 45 different celebrities

A Sidenote-Why is it when people themselves refuse to read a link that offends their senses, then everyone else is assumed to not have read it either? even the person posting it?? some people make no sense. Anyhow....

" iWWD has obtained the 90 letters sent to 45 celebrities, their agents and the brands they were publicizing"

"publicizing", that's a unique word. I wonder what the definition is?? Mention a product that worked great for you and are you are now "publicizing it?? ON THEIR OWN SOCIAL MEDIA WEBPAGES?? How far does this go? With the Gov't, we know how far reaching this is

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 05-10-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Lefties just LOVE the heavy hand of government. They just can't get enough of it.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:24 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Lefties just LOVE the heavy hand of government. They just can't get enough of it.
The FTC is not right or left. Oh the concept...

Old 05-10-2017, 01:24 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,436 times
Quote:
Of course. Threatenng Letters were sent out to 45 different celebrities

A Sidenote-Why is it when people themselves refuse to read a link that offends their senses, then everyone else is assumed to not have read it either? even the person posting it?? some people make no sense. Anyhow....

" iWWD has obtained the 90 letters sent to 45 celebrities, their agents and the brands they were publicizing"

"publicizing", that's a unique word. I wonder what the definition is?? Mention a product that worked great for you and are you are now "publicizing it?? ON THEIR OWN SOCIAL MEDIA WEBPAGES?? How far does this go? With the Gov't, we know how far reaching this is
But in these cases they are talking about, the celebs aren't just mentioning the products out of the goodness of their hearts. They are getting paid thousands of dollars. Close to an ad if not purely an ad.

They are also still allowed to post, just need to disclaim. This is nowhere near as sinister as you make it out to be. If I have to mention that a company paid me or sent me product, why wouldn't celebs have to do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies