Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:58 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times

Advertisements

This is silly......

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY knows the Russians fired Comey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 04:03 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
This is silly......

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY knows the Russians fired Comey.

You mean the Kremlin's HO...-Agent Trump!

Old 05-10-2017, 04:06 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
He is now claiming he fired Comey for interfering in the 2016 election by the way he handled Hillary's emails which hurt her and helped Trump. Yet, Trump could have removed Comey from office at the start of his Presidential term. After all, the FBI director's public comments about the pending Hillary Clinton email investigation had clearly violated long-standing Department of Justice policy requiring no comment, particularly during election periods. They warranted Comey's dismissal even before Trump was sworn in.

In fact, Al Franken (D-Minn.) and other lawmakers on both sides of the aisle suggested the firing was not related to Clinton's emails, but the FBI's probe into Russia's interference in the election.

“It is deeply troubling that President Trump just fired the person in charge of investigating his ties to Russia, and the President’s stated reasons for firing Director Comey are difficult to believe,” Franken said. “We know that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election, that they did so to undermine confidence in American democracy and that they wanted Donald Trump to become President. The intelligence community has confirmed that.”

So which is it? Is Trump admitting that the election was rigged in his favor or is he trying to evade any US intelligence agency's further investigations into his ties with Russia?

Further reading:

McCain 'disappointed' Trump fired Comey | TheHill

Franken rips Sessions for encouraging Comey firing | TheHill

In firing Comey, Trump is playing with fire (opinion) - CNN.com

Hillary was an illegitimate presidential candidate who should be in prison.

Trump won the election, Obama said so!

Old 05-10-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
It's smells rotten on this side of the pond too justNancy. Trump praised Comey's handling of the Clinton E-mails investigation and now he says Comey mishandled it?

Something certainly smells rotten in the White House, and that smell is emanating from Donald Trump. After taking this action I don't believe there is any doubt that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the presidential election. Firing Comey reeks of desperation.
Speaking of desparation.

How long youse guys gonna beat the dead horse?

Comey admitted she broke the law, but didn't recommend action because ___________. Why, he is just the investigator, not the determining official that is suppose to review the facts and prosecute the law. You that AG that acquiesed her duty to do so by paying lip servi e to her friends and cronies.

Change the peoples names to someone Republican in that case and you'll be hearing calls for blood.

He was fired for NOT DOING HIS JOB.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You mean the Kremlin's HO...-Agent Trump!
Coulda just as well been the Kremlins favorite tart. Hillary.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:20 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Lots of people were angry when James Comey defended Hillary during the investigation trial. (This includes many liberals and non-Trump supporters). Now that Trump has fired him, people are outraged?
I made up my mind that I was going to be voting for a republican when Obama was out there crying and whining about gun control. I didn't like the idea that he wanted to bring in all of these refugees to this country from countries that hate us, and take away our second amendment to defend ourselves in case the refugees ended up becoming trojan horses. And I voted for Obama for the 2008 elections. But I had no idea he would try to get people rile up against guns, cops and to start a race war between blacks and whites. After what Bill Clinton did with NAFTA, there was no way in hell I was going to elect Hillary to office. Especially since everyone with a brain knows she stole the election from Bernie Sanders. He should have been the democratic nominee, not Hillary.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:27 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Speaking of desparation.

How long youse guys gonna beat the dead horse?

Comey admitted she broke the law, but didn't recommend action because ___________. Why, he is just the investigator, not the determining official that is suppose to review the facts and prosecute the law. You that AG that acquiesed her duty to do so by paying lip servi e to her friends and cronies.

Change the peoples names to someone Republican in that case and you'll be hearing calls for blood.

He was fired for NOT DOING HIS JOB.
Good grief.

He was fired for doing his job.

Mishandled emails pales in comparison to Trump and Pence letting a foreign agent have access to our nation's top secrets.

Trump refused to believe the Kremlin meddled in our elections, demanded the IC produce evidence. They did and several cybersecurity experts are arrested in Russia, accused of being American spies.

Obviously, there was a Kremlin mole somewhere. Finding out who that was and how many were involved is critical.

Firing the guy who was investigating that makes no sense.

Unless, of course, you are in on it.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:27 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hillary was an illegitimate presidential candidate who should be in prison.

Trump won the election, Obama said so!
Yeah, Sanders should have been the winner, but Hillary and her shady crooks try to rig the election. I believe she tried to rig the election with Trump, it's why California is so against voter ID's, and so much for illegal immigrants. They're being paid to come and vote for Hillary.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb So is Trump finally admitting he's an illegitimate President?

That's what tRump is brazenly, desperately and unsuccessfully trying to cover up.

Those of us old enough to clearly remember Watergate are amused and stocking up on popcorn.

This is one big step in what will be a months long journey.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:59 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wonder whose boneheaded idea it was to claim that Comey was fired over improperly handling a matter that resulted in Trump getting elected.
Perhaps the idea was to enable Mr. Sessions' input. After all, his involvement would be stymied if the reason for termination touched upon investigations into Russian collusion. He was forced to recuse himself because of his own possible involvement. Sir Walter Scott called this one:

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies