Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 05:04 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,379,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
OK so he allows in the Russian press? Why? Because they are docile puppies well trained by their Russian overlords? Maybe Trump wishes that the US press is more like that, I am sure. It's just not looking good for the cheetos in chief.
While the bolded may be true, what concern is it of ours. Clearly they didn't disrupt the meeting as the American press would have.

I think Trump would be happy if the American press just showed some basic manners when they are given access.

Further, with the way they spin everything with their clear agenda to undermine or bring this Administration down, I wouldn't be inclined to give them unfettered access.

Maybe when they learn to do their jobs more professionally, they will get more access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 05:12 PM

749 posts, read 726,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is more obvious with each passing day that the White House belongs to Putin.
Oh yes, obviously...

Old 05-10-2017, 05:19 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,379,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
totally not buying that. Excluding American press, on American soil while inviting the Russian press in, in the middle of a investigation of Russian interference in our election? How can you possibly claim that with a straight face? come on!
The investigation is neither here nor there. The Russians will never admit to this, just as we will never admit to any meddling we do in their country. The same for our mutual espionage. Both countries will investigate whatever they feel they need to and take measures to block whatever meddling/espionage we discover. As it has always been.

At the same time, unless you believe we should go back to a Cold War, we will make nice with each other and continue to maintain diplomatic relationships to the extent we can or that both countries find it beneficial.

Surely you know all this.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:06 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is more obvious with each passing day that the White House belongs to Putin.
Did you see Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov response to question on Comey's firing?

It was a mocking, eye-rolling response, as if to say that of course he knew and had known for a awhile. Tillerson chuckled along.

Visiting Russian foreign minister, asked about Comey firing: 'You're kidding!' - LA Times

Old 05-10-2017, 06:13 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It gets even better, the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov openly mocked the American reporters:
Trump Russia meeting: Sergei Lavrov praises Trump and Tillerson after talks - BBC News

Tillerson stood there smirking ... I guess he was alert after his nap.

What in the heck is going on here? I am honestly approaching the point where I think the Trump resistance needs to be taken to the next level: strikes and shutdowns.
Any other administration would not allow the American press to be treated in this way. Have you ever seen the footage of Condee Rice putting another country in their place? "Don't ever talk to one of our journalists like that again".

Tillerson is such a spineless, sleepy wimp. Sergy was clearly in charge while Tillerson just meekly followed.

Putin really has gotten his moneys worth out of this administration.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:15 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,236,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The investigation is neither here nor there. The Russians will never admit to this, just as we will never admit to any meddling we do in their country. The same for our mutual espionage. Both countries will investigate whatever they feel they need to and take measures to block whatever meddling/espionage we discover. As it has always been.

At the same time, unless you believe we should go back to a Cold War, we will make nice with each other and continue to maintain diplomatic relationships to the extent we can or that both countries find it beneficial.

Surely you know all this.
I view the interference in our elections, and disrupting our society in the manner we know the Russians have been doing to be active warfare. spying is passive. spying is informational, and can often be mutually beneficial. IE "Hey look they're not planning to attack"

Ignoring active measures like this is allowing your enemy to dominate a battlefield. I would literally be ok with responding with force because they are attacking the underpinnings of who we are. And yes I know thats not a widely held opinion.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:17 PM

29,827 posts, read 18,675,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Here's written report; it was also reported by US reporters in the WH Press Corps on TV outlets that US reporters were BANNED by the WH when Russian journalists were allowed in. Donnie's under their thumb now.
Trump bars U.S. media from White House meeting, but lets in Russian photographers
Great news, Russian media is far less biased than US destroy media. I want the correct story coming out, not some insane liberals's spun up Fake News story.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:20 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,393,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Great news, Russian media is far less biased than US destroy media. I want the correct story coming out, not some insane liberals's spun up Fake News story.
Russian media is biased toward Putin. They have to be or else he will have them killed.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:21 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,236,257 times
Quote:
Really? You trust a foreign state controlled media of a country that we were in a decades long cold war with, ruled by someone who regularly kills people who disagree with him, and who is known to have attacked our media and country via propaganda?

Uh huh. Hey I have this bridge, its great, you will make a ton of money off of owning it!

Old 05-10-2017, 06:24 PM

18,577 posts, read 10,494,778 times
Quote:
Comrade I Am happy you feel that way.This is the United States and there is a "Free Press" here ...........Trump should be impeached this has got to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies