Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,995,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Some ran and some stayed and helped her out- but to me the woman was WRONG_ leave people alone!!!- she is a CONTROL FREAK- go away-
sorry got dunked but the teen did turn himself in and did not realize he hurt her- I do not agree on either action ...but old foggies please shut up already--
Remember this statement when/if you get to whatever age you believe an *old foggie* is and keep your opinions to yourself when the young ones irritate you.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:27 PM

35,372 posts, read 20,737,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is very horrifying if you are the one in the pool who does not know how to swim.
He is lucky with the current charges since it could have been murder like it would have been if it was me he had thrown into the pool.
too many there to drown - people were on her fast

Old 05-10-2017, 04:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,841,807 times
Quote:
Some ran and some stayed and helped her out- but to me the woman was WRONG_ leave people alone!!!- she is a CONTROL FREAK- go away-
sorry got dunked but the teen did turn himself in and did not realize he hurt her- I do not agree on either action ...but old foggies please shut up already--
No, you're wrong. It was in a community with an HOA and they were breaking the rules. She was simply asking them to turn down the music because residents were complaining. She wasn't a "control freak." I've seen many parties around a pool in a gated or planned community and even adults who get drunk are asked to leave if their behavior becomes loud and offensive.

I was a teenager once and I still enjoy a good time, but not at the expense of others in my community. Also, you should never pick up anyone you don't know, young or old, and toss that person into a pool. Did you notice he dropped her on the cement first? What if she was on medication or had seizures? I wish people would stop defending bad behavior.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,553,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Really? "Horrifying"? I hate when the news cheapens words. It was not "horrifying". It was wrong, the kid was a jerk, it was definitely assault, but it was not "horrifying".

"Horrifying" would be if the kids beat her in to unconsciousness and then threw her in to the pool. This was just some idiot who chose the wrong way to express himself. Yes, I saw the video yesterday or maybe the day before, not once was I "horrified".

I don't hold any high regard for him turning himself in. Had there been no video evidence, would he still have done so?
It was horrifying to the woman. She had no idea what they were about to do to her.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:30 PM

19,710 posts, read 11,965,485 times
Quote:
The nerve of that old woman with 2 little dogs. Serves her right. Old people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Remember this statement when/if you get to whatever age you believe an *old foggie* is and keep your opinions to yourself when the young ones irritate you.
I am 64-- so I can TALK on this medium-- but when I go to public places- LIVE AND LET LIVE baby - i am from Miami,,, this pool party stuff is 24-7 - dont like it- GO elsewhere-- like an arizona mountain

3,190 posts, read 2,448,743 times
Quote:
I hope you grow old gracefully and are not subject to the frailties of old age. He was waaaaay out of line.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:35 PM

21,395 posts, read 10,450,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was stupid. He needs a slap on the wrist. Teens throw eachother into pools all the time. He forgot the boundaries.

It sure ain't horrifying.
It's horrifying because she was an elderly lady who could have been seriously injured and her quality of life ruined with that tackle. He didn't even know if she could swim. How on earth is this NOT horrifying? That young people have absolutely zero respect for their elders, or the common sense to know you don't assault an elder (or anyone especially for that reason)?

Old 05-10-2017, 04:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,841,807 times
Quote:
I am 64-- so I can TALK on this medium-- but when I go to public places- LIVE AND LET LIVE baby - i am from Miami,,, this pool party stuff is 24-7 - dont like it- GO elsewhere-- like an arizona mountain
That was NOT a public pool. Are you telling me that if my neighbor had wild parties and they disturbed me, I'm the one who should move? You are justifying assault because a woman asked a group of teenagers to lower the volume on their very loud music that was bothering the residents! It's not as if she called the cops, but maybe if she had instead of being nice enough to ask first, she wouldn't have been injured. By the way, I'm 66. It doesn't matter how old you are or where you live to know how to respect others.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I hope you grow old gracefully and are not subject to the frailties of old age. He was waaaaay out of line.
I just said I am 64- and very graceful thank you- - but this is NORTH FT LAUD. Know your environment- she is at a public hotel... what right she has to tell anyone anything? Like the old dude that shot the man dead because he texted in the theaters or the old dude told a teen to tone down the music at the 7-11 parking lot. and shot the boy -
Florida is FULLLLL of snowbirds and retirees,,, go home if you can't accept this is a tourist party state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies