Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 10:27 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,589,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Why is it anyone's business who he sold anything to?
Because he is POTUS.

Surprised you didn't know that. It's been in all the papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 10:32 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,406,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Because he is POTUS.

Surprised you didn't know that. It's been in all the papers.
Who bought Obama's Chicago house?

Old 06-14-2017, 10:54 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,223,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Republicans spent more than $2 billion over 2 election cycles to defeat Obama. One would think if there was any truth to birther claims, it would have surfaced and he would have been disqualified to run for POTUS.

Obviously it's challenging to give up a conspiracy theory. Use Trump as inspiration. He let go of his birther claims to avoid the appearance of being an obvious looney tune.
When one has their records sealed, it's because they are hiding something. It makes it nearly impossible to get information on them. What do you think Obama is hiding?

Here is something for you for starters: Articles: Meeting Young Obama

Old 06-14-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Obama's records were never sealed.

Eight Years of Trolling Obama - FactCheck.org

Republicans spent more than $2 billion to attempt to defeat Obama over 2 election cycles and failed. If there was any truth to birther claims it would have surfaced and disqualified him.

Trump, the celebrity face of the birther movement, gave it up so as not to appear to be a ranking member of the looney bin.

In contrast, Trump repeatedly promised to release his tax returns and then decided not to do so. The return is useless. The devil is in the detailed attachments. Trump entered office with unprecidented conflicts of interest. While he put his stuff in trust, he is the sole beneficiary of those trusts.
FactCheck.org is not a credible fact check site.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Damn, you sipping hard on that fox news koolaid
I didn't get that off Fox.

Who do you trust? CNN? MSNBC? Rachel Madcow? LOL

Old 06-14-2017, 10:58 AM

448 posts, read 363,438 times
Ya with all the problems we have in the world that is a real concern. LMFAO what a dumb issue

Old 06-14-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Sigh, let's pretend obama was born in Kenya. His mother was a us citizen which makes him a us citizen.
But oh I forgot, that scenario was okay for ted Cruz but not obama.
That depends on who you believe. I have questions about Ted Cruz now that I have done more study on that topic, and I found one Constitutional Lawyer who travels the country doing seminars on the Constitution and on law who gave an excellent presentation on the "natural born citizen" issue, using writings from the Framers as well as the Federalist Papers, which seem in disagreement with the opinion of a court in the case involving Ted Cruz. It was so well presented that I was convinced that neither Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio OR Barack Obama are "natural born citizens." You see, what the Framers wanted to avoid was any allegiance to a foreign nation whatsoever. I'm telling you, when the speaker was finished, I was so convinced that I had to change my view.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We all recognize the Alinsky technique. But, it's reached absurdity! Liberals see a Russian around every corner, and a crime under every rock.

What I now realize is that Liberals truly are nuts! Liberalism really is a mental disorder.
Well, apparently, the Trump family has the same mental disorder--they actually do business with the Russians under those rocks.

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump Jr. said at the time. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

Trump’s next big U.S. project, the Trump SoHo in New York, was built with partner Bayrock Group, founded by Tevfik Arif, a former Soviet official...

...Still, the weekend was fruitful for Trump. He received a portion of the $14 million paid by Agalarov and other investors to bring the pageant to Moscow. Agalarov said he and Trump signed an agreement to build a Trump Tower in the heart of Moscow — at least Trump’s fifth attempt at such a venture. And Trump seemed energized by his interactions with Russia’s financial elite at the pageant and a glitzy after-party in a Moscow nightclub..."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ears/97949746/

Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.27133ee06386

Old 06-14-2017, 11:14 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,218,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Most Trump real estate isn't sold to persons or LLCs; most of it is sold to anonymous shadowy shell companies:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lcs/102399558/

Sounds like money laundering to me.
Trying to start another pointless fishing expedition?

Old 06-14-2017, 11:18 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,589,248 times
So what's with the dramatic jump in percentage of buyers of Trump properties who hide their identities behind shell companies?

4% to 70% is a pretty big jump over two years. What explains that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies