Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 09:16 AM

526 posts, read 386,418 times

Advertisements

You would think that after so many of these incidents have proven to be hoaxes, that some black student would publish a handbook on how to avoid detection when creating a hate hoax. You know things like, write left handed if you are right handed, or vice versa, use a real rope not a dog leash as a noose, don’t use your own poop (DNA) when drawing poop swastikas, avoid posting your hoax note where there is video surveillance, avoid using same marker for your anti racist posters as you did to mark up black peoples pictures at Harvard Law, etc.

Hand it out when the freshmen register for classes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's become such a familiar pattern. A "hate crime" occurs. Extreme campus drama ensues with coverage by national news media and, a few days later, it is quietly revealed in the local press that it was a hoax performed by some student or professor hepped up on race and gender studies.

From the Washington Post on May 1:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c246a4d7eeec

And from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on May 10:

St. Olaf: Racist note that spurred protests was 'fabricated' - StarTribune.com

St. Olaf’s Hate Crime Wave turns out to be … - The Unz Review
While I agree that those that create hoaxes to further their agenda are in reality doing their own cause an injustice, young people rarely realize that they will get caught.
That said, I would suggest that focusing on these stupid acts does not diminish the fact that hate crimes do in fact happen across this Nation on a daily basis, and that the occurrence of such acts have actually increased in todays hot political climate.
Neither is a good sign of where this Nation is or is headed.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:39 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
You would think that after so many of these incidents have proven to be hoaxes, that some black student would publish a handbook on how to avoid detection when creating a hate hoax. You know things like, write left handed if you are right handed, or vice versa, use a real rope not a dog leash as a noose, don’t use your own poop (DNA) when drawing poop swastikas, avoid posting your hoax note where there is video surveillance, avoid using same marker for your anti racist posters as you did to mark up black peoples pictures at Harvard Law, etc.

I knew right when I saw the note is was a fake. "Shut up or I'll shut you up..."???? WTF??

As if this person was MLK or something.

The person guilty of this act of terror (that's exactly what it was) should be expelled, have their credits stripped, and THEN thrown in prison for a year. I swear, it merits that harsh a penalty.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:52 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sugar is white. Salt too for that matter.

Obviously racist.
flour, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post

that would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
While I agree that those that create hoaxes to further their agenda are in reality doing their own cause an injustice, young people rarely realize that they will get caught.
That said, I would suggest that focusing on these stupid acts does not diminish the fact that hate crimes do in fact happen across this Nation on a daily basis, and that the occurrence of such acts have actually increased in todays hot political climate.
Neither is a good sign of where this Nation is or is headed.
have they really?

or only allegations of such?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
this is l-o-l hysterical

“I would like to echo Krysta and say that I do not want my case to be investigated,” responded Wells in the email chain. “Not because I do not want to let this person go but because I am very stressed and I think that efforts could be utilized elsewhere. That said, I do want them to investigate both previous and possible later cases.”

Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
They are not releasing the name of the perp.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's become such a familiar pattern. A "hate crime" occurs. Extreme campus drama ensues with coverage by national news media and, a few days later, it is quietly revealed in the local press that it was a hoax performed by some student or professor hepped up on race and gender studies.

From the Washington Post on May 1:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c246a4d7eeec

And from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune on May 10:

St. Olaf: Racist note that spurred protests was 'fabricated' - StarTribune.com

St. Olaf’s Hate Crime Wave turns out to be … - The Unz Review
These idiots learned to lie from the best: Hillary and obama.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:24 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
What's with all these so quick to jump people and groups that are so quick to react and spew such hateful words and actions.
They are everywhere in this Country.

Quick to spew before even knowing any facts.

How did they morph into this kind of a mindset?

It's scary stuff to think how far some will go with their lack of self control and dignity.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:28 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
What's with all these so quick to jump people and groups that are so quick to react and spew such hateful words and actions.
They are everywhere in this Country.

Quick to spew before even knowing any facts.

How did they morph into this kind of a mindset?

It's scary stuff to think how far some will go with their lack of self control and dignity.
It's the herd and groupthink mentality. Whatever the "group" says, it's repeated by the ignorant imbeciles.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Apparently it doesn't even matter to some of the students or to the local CBS News affiliate that the note was a hoax. It was a good thing because it united people.
Quote:
Racist Notes Unite Students At St. Olaf

NORTHFIELD, Minn. (AP/WCCO) — A racist note left on a student’s car at St. Olaf College has been deemed a hoax, but some students at the southern Minnesota school say the incident resulted in action toward addressing minority student concerns...
St. Olaf senior Daniel Katuka says the note brought the campus community together “in a positive way” in the face of an apparent threat.
Racist Notes Unite Students At St. Olaf « WCCO | CBS Minnesota
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies