Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Even when we have undeniable proof of crimes Hilary performed, she still gets off scot-free. So don't expect anything to come of revelations like this.

Trump has not committed any crimes, there is no evidence of anyone colluding with the Russians, and yet the dems are screaming for not only continuing these Russian collusion investigations, they want a special prosecutor.
If there was actual proof she would have come up on charges, who knows maybe one day they will.

Actually there does seem to be evidence of colluding with his minions, oh and it not just Dems that are calling for the investigations to be completed so that all the facts are known. The funny thing is Cons always love to say that if one has done nothing wrong then they have nothing to worry about in an investigation, yet many of them now want the investigations to be stopped, is there something to fear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 08:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Mentioning either Hillary or Trump in the same breath as Ethics is an Oxymoron. Good grief, why do you think nearly 50% of the Voters did not vote for either, neither was or is Presidential material.
Valid point.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If there was actual proof she would have come up on charges, who knows maybe one day they will.

Actually there does seem to be evidence of colluding with his minions, oh and it not just Dems that are calling for the investigations to be completed so that all the facts are known. The funny thing is Cons always love to say that if one has done nothing wrong then they have nothing to worry about in an investigation, yet many of them now want the investigations to be stopped, is there something to fear?
The problem with these Dog and Pony investigations is that even when they find evidence of wrong doing they do nothing about it.

The two parties use them to raise money for the most part at the taxpayers expense.

What did the GOP ever do about the IRS mess? Nothing.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
While secretary of state, Hillary Clinton made a personal call to pressure Bangladesh’s prime minister to aid a donor to her husband’s charitable foundation despite federal ethics laws that require government officials to recuse themselves from matters that could impact their spouse’s business.

Clinton pressured Bangladesh prime minister personally to help foundation donor | Circa News - Learn. Think. Do.

The Prime Minister of Bangladesh has no reason to lie about this unless of course you also believe she might be a misogynist. It's not surprising this has bank ties to it either.

The Office of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina confirmed to Circa that Mrs. Clinton called her office in March 2011 to demand that Dr. Muhammed Yunus, a 2006 Nobel Peace prize winner, be restored to his role as chairman of the country’s most famous microcredit bank, Grameen Bank. The bank’s nonprofit Grameen America, which Yunus chairs, has given between $100,000 and $250,000 to the Clinton Global Initiative. Grameen Research, which is chaired by Yunus, has donated between $25,000 and $50,000, according to the Clinton Foundation website.

Do you suppose there will be an investigation or calls for one?
Senate was aware of the Clinton Foundation and the potential for a perception of a conflict of interest during the confirmation process. Nonetheless, all but one voted to confirm her. It was not an issue until she ran for nomination.

Decision to not close the foundation and avoid all opportunities to create a perception of a conflict of interest demonstrated poor judgment on her part.

She lost the election. Time to get over it.

There's a new sheriff in town with his own unprecedented conflicts of interest.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Senate was aware of the Clinton Foundation and the potential for a perception of a conflict of interest during the confirmation process. Nonetheless, all but one voted to confirm her. It was not an issue until she ran for nomination.

Decision to not close the foundation and avoid all opportunities to create a perception of a conflict of interest demonstrated poor judgment on her part.

She lost the election. Time to get over it.

There's a new sheriff in town with his own unprecedented conflicts of interest.
He has plenty but by ignoring one you can't expect others to do differently. I've made this argument for a long time.

How can you expect others to do what you would not do?

Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
The problem with these Dog and Pony investigations is that even when they find evidence of wrong doing they do nothing about it.

The two parties use them to raise money for the most part at the taxpayers expense.

What did the GOP ever do about the IRS mess? Nothing.
Because neither the Repubs or Dems actually work in the best interests of the People or the Nation, and in reality are simply different sides of the same coin, unfortunately the loyal members of both Parties cannot grasp this fact. We get the Government we deserve.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
While secretary of state, Hillary Clinton made a personal call to pressure Bangladesh’s prime minister to aid a donor to her husband’s charitable foundation despite federal ethics laws that require government officials to recuse themselves from matters that could impact their spouse’s business.

Clinton pressured Bangladesh prime minister personally to help foundation donor | Circa News - Learn. Think. Do.

The Prime Minister of Bangladesh has no reason to lie about this unless of course you also believe she might be a misogynist. It's not surprising this has bank ties to it either.

The Office of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina confirmed to Circa that Mrs. Clinton called her office in March 2011 to demand that Dr. Muhammed Yunus, a 2006 Nobel Peace prize winner, be restored to his role as chairman of the country’s most famous microcredit bank, Grameen Bank. The bank’s nonprofit Grameen America, which Yunus chairs, has given between $100,000 and $250,000 to the Clinton Global Initiative. Grameen Research, which is chaired by Yunus, has donated between $25,000 and $50,000, according to the Clinton Foundation website.

Do you suppose there will be an investigation or calls for one?
You just can't help yourself can you? Come on now -- let's get this Trump/Russia mess sorted and then we can move on to things that happened 6 years ago.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You just can't help yourself can you? Come on now -- let's get this Trump/Russia mess sorted and then we can move on to things that happened 6 years ago.
I'd go for that but it would never happen. As to a point I've made many times........if we would have cared six years ago (or even a year ago) we aren't in the mess we are in today.

Can't help myself? No, I suppose I do enjoy pointing out that we have Trump because the (D)'s insisted on foisting a morally, ethically corrupt candidate on us.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
I'd go for that but it would never happen. As to a point I've made many times........if we would have cared six years ago (or even a year ago) we aren't in the mess we are in today.

Can't help myself? No, I suppose I do enjoy pointing out that we have Trump because the (D)'s insisted on foisting a morally, ethically corrupt candidate on us.
Well, let's at least enjoy him while we have him because his presidency is one HOT MESS. Good Lord; I have never seen anything like his incompetency! But, it has not been boring ~ I'll give him that.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, let's at least enjoy him while we have him because his presidency is one HOT MESS. Good Lord; I have never seen anything like his incompetency! But, it has not been boring ~ I'll give him that.
He has been incompetent but for the life of me I do not understand how the (D)'s think countering incompetence is running around yelling RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies