Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 08:56 AM

9,828 posts, read 7,129,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm a flaming liberal and that was one of my favorite programs. Tim reminded me of the old Archie Bunker character with the son-in-law thrown in for balance.
Same here. I liked the show and watched it as there really wasn't anything else worth watching on Friday nights.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,471,413 times
Talking ABC cancels show because of conservative leanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
ABC Cancels Conservative Tim Allen Sitcom 'Last Man Standing' Despite Strong Ratings

Disappointing for sure,ABC continues to show the open mindedness and fairness in media....I loved this show really the ONLY reason I watch ABC. Guess it can be deleted from our tv channel list now. I hope FX or CMT or someone picks up a sure winner of a TV show.
B-b-but...

Conservos hate Hollywood and celebrities, remember?

Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,823,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I really don't think they did. I also didn't find the "digs" or political jokes to be any more than other shows that are on ABC or other networks.
Actually the networks are turning away from more political talk. Even wrestling companies are. Evolve fired former ECW play-by-play commentator Joey Styles for making a "grab them by the..." joke in a promo. Not only did he lose his job there, but other places as well. I'm not sure if it is right or not but it is how entertainment is adapting to the snowflakes on both sides of the issues.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Actually the networks are turning away from more political talk. Even wrestling companies are. Evolve fired former ECW play-by-play commentator Joey Styles for making a "grab them by the..." joke in a promo. Not only did he lose his job there, but other places as well. I'm not sure if it is right or not but it is how entertainment is adapting to the snowflakes on both sides of the issues.
My favorite show is "Black-ish" on ABC.

They are always talking about political and racial stuff on that show. Their shows leading up to and after the election were hilarious due to the grandmother in particular (who calls Jesus "Black Jesus" and who one of the kids interviewed about her political affiliation and she said she was a Democrat then answered all the questions she was asked from a Republican perspective. It was hilarious).

Shows today have to have some sort of controversial element in them with a spin on the funny (in regards to sitcoms) to be successful.

Last Man Standing was a funny show as well because of the above. I particularly enjoyed Tim's banter with his black neighbor.

I don't watch a ton of shows on regular TV but of the ones I watch, they are primarily ABC shows as stated earlier. And all of them have had some sort of political edge to them. Even Modern Family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.