Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:07 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
The teachers may need to change their occupations if they are not able to handle this generation of children that are present in our classrooms today or try to go to a different district, city, state, or country.

My mandate for education is that all children are capable of learning, yet all adults are not capable of having the stamina, nor the patience and tolerance to ensure that learning does take place. Children will always be worthy-they did not ask to be here-yet we hold them accountable for the actions of an adult who did not find them worthy. WOW!!
So what about those teachers getting assaulted in the urban school system, like in Philadelphia? I think that there is a big problem with violence in the high schools. Even in my suburban public schools. At my last high school reunion (my 31st), I found out that one of the Metco boys, Jonas raped one of the Metco girls. We did have one black Metco student make it to the reunion and when others told him how disappointed they were that the other Metco students seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth, he would reply that those other Metco students were just trash and only trouble.

I think that a lot of the problem with bad students is with the parents being really bad parents. I think that it starts with overindulging them when they are young. Like the kids that run wild in public, like in the parks and the grocery stores yelling and grabbing at things. Should a non-family member ask the parent to quiet their kids, we minimally get a dirty look or they defend their children as just being kids. So how can anyone help these dysfunctional family units when the parents act so defensively or automatically stand by their kids' misdeeds? And why should the school teachers be left with trying to make diamonds out of lumps of coal? As a child, I wanted to learn. Many of these bad students don't want to learn. They can't wait to get out of school so they be adults and get a paycheck to buy stupid things like makeup and Coach handbags, catch the cutest guy, marry him and make babies. So many young people are short sighted. In addition, many think that life isn't worth living after they turn 30 and become an old person. All young people want to do is party like a celebrity or be one of those Girls Gone Wild. I am very glad to be from the generation I came from.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:12 AM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Race baiters who would have us believe that every white slave owner beat every black slave to death (what about black slave owners?) just to be mean, that's who "they" are. The reality is not quite so sensational, I'm afraid. Yes, I referred to them as farm equipment, because to the slave owner, that's what they were.
Not a good idea to get defensive about slavery!... is it?

Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Miu your life experiences and beliefs are yours individually. There may be a slew of people that agree with your findings or have shared meanings and that is wonderful. We all have our own beliefs and outlooks pertaining to how we see the world and the people in it. This is the beauty of diversity and independent thinking. We all have diverse ways of thinking and our own individual perceptions. If you are secure in what you believe then that is all that matters.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:35 AM

113 posts, read 277,487 times
I am so sick of this PC bull****. Well, lets not disclose his race or let's explain the reason for the crime, I guess, he must have done that because blacks were oppressed, right? BS! The person who comitted this crime is an animal, a sub-human, even my cat who is not even considered a rational animal is more respectful of human life than this scumbag. Supposedly, in this country, we are all supposed to live together and embrace "diversity". bunch of BS!Why would I have to live with people who are not even civilized. How is it my fault that his parents did not teach him basic human values. You have the nerve to murder someone, take their car and go to an ATM, your idiotic mind does not realize that ATM's have cameras? What an idiotic, stupid, ignorant scumbag! Animals like him need to be kept in cages because they are not able to function in civilized society, lock this "waste of human life" away for life.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:40 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What about the genocide going on now in several countries in Africa? Surely what is happening now over there is far worse that the black slavery in America.
Huh? That's not even relevant to the conversation. The poster seems to want to say, that because native Americans fought one another over land, white Americans in turn, should not be criticized for what was done to native Americans. Which is ridiculous because it dismisses or overlooks the genocidal nature of the taking of native American lands by whites.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:40 AM

I am not concerned about his race, I would like to know what drove him to such an evil act-his race is not important to me. His mental status and his reasoning is what I would personally want to know.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Why don't you ask your black "friends" what you wrote here and see how long they will be your "friends". No self-respecting black person would ever associate with someone who has views like yourself.
Also, considering his grammar, the bar for "they speaks like normal people" is probably pretty low.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Huh? That's not even relevant to the conversation. The poster seems to want to say, that because native Americans fought one another over land, white Americans in turn, should not be criticized for what was done to native Americans. Which is ridiculous because it dismisses or overlooks the genocidal nature of the taking of native American lands by whites.

Explain in detail why what white people did is any different than what native americans have done.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:42 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
I don't think the fact that he's black and she's white has anything to do with what happened. Now, I do know that the univeristies will severly downplay this becuase it upsets their own racial sensitivties, but overall, this was a thug being a thug.

As much as we may not like Heavano for saying this, but it's really a guy/machismo thing. Black culture overall tends to play to it's macho side more than others in American society, which is why it often gets inapproprately labeled a race issue. But in reality, most crime and ghetto-thug culture stemms from wanting to be a "man", not wanting to be "black".

Old 03-09-2008, 11:56 AM

There are many subcultures that exist within each race. Some that choose to commit violent acts such as these-once again regardless of race-the barbaric behavior of men is still very alive and active. Call it human nature in one of its ugliest forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies