Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:02 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
There's an army of people out there trying to de-legitimize Trump. Reminds me of the economists and "experts" who ALL said the stock market was gonna crash if Trump got elected.
Even The Economist is wrong on Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 09:10 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
QE has indeed reinflated our markets, but what option was there? Austerity was a disaster for the EU, they had to abandon it after several years of pain and are now in QE....

Obama did not make the mess, and he did what could be done to fix it. If i were to pick out his biggest error it might be not fully acknowledging the pain QE put upon the asset and cash poor. Those with assets enjoyed the improved values and those with access to cash were able to load up.

Obama's admin should have explained the problems better, they should have explained who was being hurt and why, and most importantly they should have laid out a plan to make those people whole again.

Perhaps (i am not sure at all) the best plan would be find ways to make ownership cheaper for lower income people and less attractive to high net worth people. maybe make corp etc have higher holding costs and lower transaction costs to encourage them to sell. But there are smarter folks than me who could figure that out.
hahaha You think the EU tried austerity? In no way shape or form did the EU practice prosperity. The debt to GDP ratio grew, especially in the PIIGS nations. That's the opposite of austerity!!!

I'll make it simple for you. If you cut spending by $1 and revenues drop by $3 that isn't being austere.

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/13/figure11-1213.jpg

Although government expenditure in the PIIGS nations has fallen in 2009-2012, it remains far too high relative to revenues. Accordingly, as their budget deficits have ballooned, governments have borrowed increasingly heavily, and the PIIGS and U.S. Government have borrowed most heavily of all. As a result, since 2009 the average PIIGS government’s debt as a percentage of GDP has risen from ca. 75% to almost 120%, which is only slightly greater than America’s. That’s evidence of profligacy and an even more bloated state―not of genuine austerity and a leaner and fitter state.

You memorized what someone said and didn't look into it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-13-2017 at 04:02 AM..

Old 05-12-2017, 09:18 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No doubt those investing bear responsibility. But the cause is bypassing the free market. Don't bypass the free market with easy lending then people don't get "enticed".
What part of a free market bails out losers?

Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Even The Economist is wrong on Trump.
Exactly. And it goes to my point, it's always about policy and the ones we should listen to are the ones who've been correct on policy. If you do A, B will be the end result.

Someone you don't know says someone or an entity you don't know, is good on economics. Listen to the ones who have been correct is all I ask. Not saying you're saying differently.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
It's made up like trickle down and you fell for it hahahahaha Hey look at me, I use terms like everything bubble.

I asked for proof, you didn't provide any. You could have given one example that I left out. It is something you've danced all around but couldn't name it because that wasn't something you memorized. The stock market bubble maybe?

Again it's very simple. It's called easy credit.
i explained it clearly to you, your just upset and are now acting out. You were directed what to do and you failed to carry out your instructions.

I am sorry you feel the need to be irrational just because you put your foot in it.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What part of a free market bails out losers?
Exactly. It doesn't. And more importantly it doesn't bail me out, it penalizes me.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
i explained it clearly to you, your just upset and are now acting out. You were directed what to do and you failed to carry out your instructions.

I am sorry you feel the need to be irrational just because you put your foot in it.
Why should I listen to you? You just made the an absurd economic comment about the EU practicing austerity when in fact they did the opposite.

"Failed to carry out my instructions", beautiful absolutely beautiful.
"put my foot in it" hahaha

Old 05-12-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
hahaha You think the EU tried austerity? In no way shape or form did the EU practice prosperity. The debt to GDP ratio grew, especially in the PIIGS nations. That's the opposite of austerity!!!

I'll make it simple for you. If you cut spending by $1 and revenues drop by $3 that isn't being austere.

You memorized what someone said and didn't look into it.
sure mate and yet it appears the entire world AGREES with ME so hard luck, try harder.

here are some links, i am sure you will cry stamp your feet and pretend austerity is not the term used and pretend somehow you are magically right.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...oseph-stiglitz

https://www.theguardian.com/business...erity-delusion

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/03/o...ters.html?_r=0

Leading economists warn Merkel that 'austerity has failed' in Greece

Old 05-12-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Why should I listen to you? You just made the an absurd economic comment about the EU practicing austerity when in fact they did the opposite.

"Failed to carry out my instructions", beautiful absolutely beautiful.
"put my foot in it" hahaha
dont be upset, nobody is mocking you , just making it clear you are very mistaken. Maybe it was a comprehension issue, you could go back and read my post again, it might help..

Old 05-12-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
sure mate and yet it appears the entire world AGREES with ME so hard luck, try harder.

here are some links, i am sure you will cry stamp your feet and pretend austerity is not the term used and pretend somehow you are magically right.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...oseph-stiglitz

https://www.theguardian.com/business...erity-delusion

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/03/o...ters.html?_r=0

Leading economists warn Merkel that 'austerity has failed' in Greece
I just showed you with FACTS that debt to GDP ration grew in those places. They spent more than they took in. That is the opposite of austerity.

Your "proof" is because someone said. Your posts are becoming more and more absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies