Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:47 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,386,516 times

Advertisements

We've clearly seen a tide of populism sweep through against "the elites" and pretty much anyone with an educated, experienced, or otherwise qualified, data-driven perspective on anything. Facts and knowledge have taken a big hit. Anything that even looks like a critical fact is branded as "fake news" while Trump shills work overtime to put out brazen lies about crowd sizes and illegal voters as "alternative facts" on the same level of credibility as verifiable ones. No, I'm not going to defend everything Obama ever said, and of course he told his share of lies. We're used to lying politicians, but now it's been taken to a whole new level under this administration.

It's time that people start to get vocal about what this really is: an attempt to manipulate and control. It's about selling people on propaganda. It's about silencing criticism and deflecting accountability.

Quote:
So no, conservatives, not everything in the mainstream media that doesn't align with your agenda is "fake news."

If you put out something ludicrous that is verifiably WRONG based on available data, then it's not an "alternative fact" - it's a LIE, plain and simple.

There is such a thing as real fact and evidence, and you can't hide from it forever.

Data is real and it matters. You can't just make it go away by plugging your ears and doing the child equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Trump flapping his gums on Twitter saying stuff like "people are saying..." is NOT at all necessarily an evidence-based fact.

Oh, and while we're at it - trying to muzzle the press when they criticize you is downright un-American. And spreading misinformation on this level of scale is what they do in dictatorships,
not democracies.
I see through this bull**** that you're trying to spread everywhere through sycophants like Conway and Spicer, who are paid big money to lie. People are going to catch onto this game and the tide will turn because they are not as stupid as you think - and people ultimately believe that there are facts out there that support an objective truth.

Let's start calling out this trend made famous by Trump, Trump shills, and conservatives at large: it's BULLSH*T. Plain and simple.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:52 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,042,303 times
You ok?

Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,386,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You ok?
How about those crowd sizes at the inauguration? Biggest ever, huh?

You're a sycophant to a liar in chief.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:08 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,439,660 times
Trump and his low I.Q. followers would declare the sun's rising in the east as fake news started by those lying global warming people! They wouldn't know a fact, if it hit them in the head with a 2x4!

Old 05-12-2017, 03:26 AM

1,548 posts, read 905,905 times
NOW you're going to start calling him out. Well, we're all worried about that. Not sure if you've been following the news but they've been calling him out since, oh, early 2016. I'm certain you'll turn things around with this thread, though.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,669,504 times
Data & facts??? Like the data and facts that prove Trump and Russia colluded to "hack" the election. LOL! CNN, CBS, NBC and ABC are all fake news. They frame the news with the intent of bringing down Trump. That's not journalism.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:07 AM

37,942 posts, read 17,724,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We've clearly seen a tide of populism sweep through against "the elites" and pretty much anyone with an educated, experienced, or otherwise qualified, data-driven perspective on anything. Facts and knowledge have taken a big hit. Anything that even looks like a critical fact is branded as "fake news" while Trump shills work overtime to put out brazen lies about crowd sizes and illegal voters as "alternative facts" on the same level of credibility as verifiable ones. No, I'm not going to defend everything Obama ever said, and of course he told his share of lies. We're used to lying politicians, but now it's been taken to a whole new level under this administration.

It's time that people start to get vocal about what this really is: an attempt to manipulate and control. It's about selling people on propaganda. It's about silencing criticism and deflecting accountability.

I see through this bull**** that you're trying to spread everywhere through sycophants like Conway and Spicer, who are paid big money to lie. People are going to catch onto this game and the tide will turn because they are not as stupid as you think - and people ultimately believe that there are facts out there that support an objective truth.

Let's start calling out this trend made famous by Trump, Trump shills, and conservatives at large: it's BULLSH*T. Plain and simple.
Trump isn't conservative. Progressive policies are control polices, conservative, from the word conserve meaning use less of, are not. Your post is a joke from the get go.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:09 AM

22,281 posts, read 11,772,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Trump and his low I.Q. followers would declare the sun's rising in the east as fake news started by those lying global warming people! They wouldn't know a fact, if it hit them in the head with a 2x4!
Are you okay? You need to get a grip.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:30 AM

29,761 posts, read 18,629,952 times
Quote:
Fake News thread!

Old 05-12-2017, 04:34 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,798,353 times
Quote:

A-M-E-N!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies