Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

I see it over and over and over on the right. They label the left, and define them in some nonsensical way. They grab barely related headlines, and make nonsense up. Its old. When did critical thinking fail people? When did bias and hatred replace the ability to think.

And now I see it starting to show up on the left as they let their biases and hopes run rampant.

Has a ‘sealed indictment’ been issued against President Trump?

Could it be true? Maybe, but the odds are about 100-1. And Louise Mensch and the other person involved HAVE been right on some things. That doesn't mean they are right on this. And yet people are letting their biases fail their critical thinking skills.

Theres NO evidence this is true currently. Just like so much of the nonsense on the right, its sad to see so many fall for this.

Yeah I know. We WANT this to be true. So do I. And yes these two HAVE picked up some stories early. But they have also been wrong a lot too. Just as I dont believe Trump because he lies non stop, folks shouldn't believe these two until something more then their words back it up. We need to teach critical thinking in school more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 10:28 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Actually the "sealed indictment" was unsealed and published in the fake news. It turned out to be Hillary Clinton's confession that she ran an illegal mail server from her bathroom...

You know what they say, money talks and BS walks. But the rules are different in forums. In forums money doesn't count and BS is only a question of your BS or my BS. The truth? Sadly, the truth died, and was replaced by under the table money passing hands.

The US today is so hopelessly divided that it is an unrealistic expectation to imagine that forum people could carry on any intelligent discussion on the subject of politics.

For me this forum area is merely my latest find for seeking humorous posts, particularly that in most cases the humor is unintended.

alt-left, alt-right, alt-center, alt-stupid, alt-whacko, alt-alt, everything but the truth. The sad fact is that there is no real truth in politics, all politics is subjective, and all opinions are me against you, you against me, and the outcome is determined by those left alive after the fray.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:30 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I see it over and over and over on the right. They label the left, and define them in some nonsensical way. They grab barely related headlines, and make nonsense up. Its old. When did critical thinking fail people? When did bias and hatred replace the ability to think.

And now I see it starting to show up on the left as they let their biases and hopes run rampant.

Has a ‘sealed indictment’ been issued against President Trump?

Could it be true? Maybe, but the odds are about 100-1. And Louise Mensch and the other person involved HAVE been right on some things. That doesn't mean they are right on this. And yet people are letting their biases fail their critical thinking skills.

Theres NO evidence this is true currently. Just like so much of the nonsense on the right, its sad to see so many fall for this.

Yeah I know. We WANT this to be true. So do I. And yes these two HAVE picked up some stories early. But they have also been wrong a lot too. Just as I dont believe Trump because he lies non stop, folks shouldn't believe these two until something more then their words back it up. We need to teach critical thinking in school more.

Schools can't teach everything. They could spend an entire day teaching history but they can't. So maybe parents should step up to the plate and teach their kids critical thinking along with respect and manners

Old 05-13-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Schools can't teach everything. They could spend an entire day teaching history but they can't. So maybe parents should step up to the plate and teach their kids critical thinking along with respect and manners
Schools today are indoctrination centers. They teach only propaganda, teach micro-aggressions, teach politically correct "free" speech (only if you agree with us).

What they teach is a word I can't use because the forum censors it.

If the truth is the food that I eat, then what my body turns it into is what schools teach today.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Schools today are indoctrination centers. They teach only propaganda, teach micro-aggressions, teach politically correct "free" speech (only if you agree with us).

If the truth is the food that I eat, then what my body turns it into is what schools teach today.
LOL ok, keep telling yourself that. Do you have kids in school or is this just propaganda you have heard?

Old 05-13-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

My kids school has never taught microaggressions, or any of that nonsense. This is a perfect example of what I am talking about, you go on about this like its true everywhere. And thats nonsense. YES some insane SJW folks have gotten it taught in colleges-its only recently been attempted to be taught in high school, but only in limited areas. So schools today aren't quite where you state-but there is some movements to make them that way. And folks should politely disagree, and demonstrate how easily this nonsense can be weaponized for any point of view.

I think its more of a cultural problem. We don't encourage enough diversity of thought. We don't encourage actual science and research. And it really is that our culture is failing us. People believe the most incorrect things, and take it at face value.

And...mid 20's and younger are INSANELY gullible. But it tends to be the American ones that are the most easily fooled. I have a few interns that work for me from various cultures. The American ones have some of the worst education in someways. Its great in others, but most of them still believe that a electron orbits a atom in a spherical shape.

And you can convince them that Lamas are really just Oregon sheep because they have had to grow longer necks because of all of the rain.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL ok, keep telling yourself that. Do you have kids in school or is this just propaganda you have heard?
Don't laugh too much about the microaggression thing. There has been attempts to teach it at the high school level. It s not there yet, but don't laugh at him too much, because while wrong, theres a kernal of truth there too.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Don't laugh too much about the microaggression thing. There has been attempts to teach it at the high school level. It s not there yet, but don't laugh at him too much, because while wrong, theres a kernal of truth there too.

I know enough to not engage in pointless debates with the others. You have it right greywar.

I'll argue with cretins if someday I am fortunate enough to visit the island of Crete.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Attempts to teach what at the high school level? I will ask you the same thing...do you have kids in school?

Old 05-14-2017, 09:26 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
I think you have to understand weaponized propaganda to understand how easy it is to sway rubes. Look at that idiot that went to the pizza place to rescue those kids that Clinton was holding hostage. Trump has followed Putin's playbook and is doing his best to isolate the press, like all good dictators do. Even more disturbing is his legislation to relax FCC regulations to allow media monopolies. If you can't beat them, buy them? How much easier would it be to feed lies to the rubes without competition? Brilliant. Dangerous, but brilliant. The rubes are easy picking. Just appeal to their fear and hate and make them believe that Trump is their savior. Look at Putin's approval rating. RT is his propaganda tool and it works. If Trump has his way it will work here in America too. Kiss democracy goodbye. Welcome to the autocratic/kleptocratic new America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies