Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:39 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,809,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Better incarcerate that pothead for life. He or she might do something outrageous like binge out on potato chips or laugh at SpongeBob SquarePants.
Plus, if they smoke they might not be able to get/work a job.

So throw them in prison and give them a criminal record... that way when they get out they DEFINITELY won't be able to get a job.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:04 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,635,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
No he wants to arrest the folks using it to party. Last time I checked he was against recreational use and on the fence about medical...
Please cite your source here.

Sessions on medical marijuana - "“I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana — so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful,” the attorney general added." Medical marijuana 'hyped,' says AG Sessions; calls pot 'only slightly less awful' than heroin - Washington Times

Old 05-12-2017, 02:12 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,169,682 times
We can't talk Session, cannabis and leave out this little gem:

As a U.S. Attorney in Alabama in the 1980s, Sessions said he thought the KKK "were OK until I found out they smoked pot.”

Old 05-12-2017, 02:14 PM

52,215 posts, read 33,992,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Groovy🐸. I remember when I, and the Mormon buddies that were in the car with me, got busted for a dime bag in 84. The cops kept the dime bag and gave us a lecture. Surely you fossils were let outside long enough to encounter cops?
84? you're practically fossilized yourself

Old 05-12-2017, 02:15 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,328,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Good. I was once more liberal on this issue but the drugs have gotten out of control. Cops are giving narcan to the same people two and three times per day. Time for a new strategy. Maybe we should look at countries like Singapore and how they maintain very low drug rates.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html

*source provided for confirmation only.

Part of the conservative more freedom and smaller government agenda, LMAO.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:28 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,320,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
84? you're practically fossilized yourself
Hey! Careful! That is what was happening to me in 72! I'm no fossil yet. NLVgal is still a youngster...

My joints still work, my lungs still work, and my _______ still works. Fill in the blank with any body part you want.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:55 PM

9,845 posts, read 7,599,084 times
Just legalize it. Put a Federal excess tax on cigarettes, marijuanna, and alcohol. Use the excess tax to fund universal mental heakth and substance Buse care at public and non profit facilities. Decriminalize all hard drug's. Place fines on those that are caught using substances outside of centers where people can use safely. Distribute to major cities vending machines that distribute needles. Atbsafe centers medically trained staff are on hand. In addition to, drugs are able to be tested to ensure they are clean. Release and reduce sentences of those incarcerated for drug use. Place heavier sentences on individuals who sell and smuggle drug's. Make prostitution legal.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:07 PM

56,914 posts, read 25,848,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Yes here in tropical America.
https://youtu.be/m0XEocn5yDI

Also in NY, as I had an attempted home invasion (I say attempted because I met the would be invaders at the front door with an Ithaca 37 with slugs)
Was told by state troopers it's their job to protect life and property. Not mine. Almost caught felony charges had my ex not called the county sheriffs office. Long story short, they were junkies looking to break in and steal at gun point due to her and I both having brand new vehicles. They figured we had lots of goodies and cash inside. Their problem was the gun they brought, was a Sig Sauer BB pistol, and the sheriff's putting the state gestapo in check, taking our side of the argument, getting a search warrant and finding it hidden behind a washing machine inside their house...

Here in tropical America, you come armed, and are a threat to life or property, you win 2 to the chest and if you survive you go to prison. Not turn around and file a counter suit. The way it should be everywhere. Had I shot either or both of them, I would have faced a long drawn out court procedure where in the end, the prosecutor would pander to the jury and sell a sad woe is they story they could relate to, and that my actions were unjust and done out of spite or hate...

One major reason I left NY. They protect legitimate criminals, and make criminals out of legitimate citizens. (See veteran facing 21 years for having factory Glock 17 magazines being in violation of the safe act)

As for putting more people in prison. Good. When the punishments outweigh the benefits of illegal activities... you tend not to partake in said activities. Not up for debate on any particular drug or the "morality" of it.
Like NY states cell phone laws. One thing I agreed with legislation wise that came out.
Been rear ended twice by people who "didn't see me". Didn't see me? Hello? Big black pickup truck? Sunny outside? You didn't see me? Why? Face buried in your phone?
Got really tired of hearing the local news about another drunk or teen texting and wiping out a car load of kids or a family of 4/5 from being distracted by a damn phone.

I don't see that NY does anything significantly differently than other states regarding treating felons that belong in jail. I think you are referring to the Stand Your Ground laws in some states which is a separate issue. Like I stated, if incarceration was a great solution we should be doing very well.

Quote:
Hillary Rodham Clinton (D), speech on criminal justice at Columbia University, April 29, 2015
Though only 5 percent of the world’s population lives in the United States, it is home to 25 percent of the world’s prison population. … Not only does the current overpopulated, underfunded system hurt those incarcerated, it also digs deeper into the pockets of taxpaying Americans.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.36f1b0ca82d8

Old 05-12-2017, 05:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,780,112 times
Laws are laws if you don't like them, work hard to get them changed.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:29 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,201,526 times
He want to fill up his For Profit Prisons, so he can farm them out as labor to replace the migrant workers and enrich the new era plantation owners. "Welcome to the Installment of the 21st Century Plantation Society.

This little Rat Looking Man should come down with a flesh eating disease that covers his body.

The Dictionary should put his picture beside the word Racist, and then hang the portrait up in poor whites houses so the poor whites can see the image of the person who helped cement their indenture for another 100 yrs.... as he locks up their drug addicted kids...Between this and the "kill the public medical mess they made of insurance, they can reduce the population and recreate the Antebellum System this little Rat Looking Man has lusted for all his life.
He looks like someone that would be on a mug shot for molesting little boys, maybe someone will leak the truths...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies