Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2017, 12:29 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times

Advertisements

Now that Nunes has been muzzled, the various House and Senate committees have clamped down on their investigations and shut down any leaks. I mentioned earlier, who knows where at this point, that Chuck Grassley was the guy to keep an eye on. He's been around since 1981 and he's the current chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

In recent hearings, Sen Blumenthal pushed hard to get Comey to admit the FBI was investigating Trump. Comey explained he couldn't talk about it, but he had briefed Grassley and Dianne Feinstein. CNN wants us to believe Comey had Trump in his sights, thus the firing. In firing Comey, Trump is playing with fire (opinion) - CNN.com

Yesterday Grassley and Feinstein released statements correcting the impression the MSM is working hard to create.

Grassley stated - "It would not be appropriate for me to reveal those details before the professionals conducting the investigations are ready. So I will not answer any questions about who are targets of the ongoing Russia investigations. But I will say this: Shortly after Director Comey briefed us, I tweeted that he should be transparent. I said he should tell the public what he told Senator Feinstein and me about whether the FBI is or is not investigating the president. On Tuesday, the president's letter said that Director Comey told him he was not under investigation. Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the president's statement."

Hmm.

Feinstein started her statement with - "Thanks very much, Mr. Chairman," Feinstein said. "I very much appreciate what you've said, and it's very accurate, and we were briefed. And the nature of the briefing was a counter-intelligence and criminal investigation that the FBI was carrying out, and more than that I will not say, either."

Byron York: What Grassley and Feinstein said about Trump, the FBI, and Russia

We'll slowly get to the bottom of this, but it's going to be a rough ride. The Russian fairy tale is the new birtherism, and just like birthers couldn't let go of their fantasies, the left won't be able to let go of their fantasies either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 02:06 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,122,865 times
Crickets from the left.

This is an entirely speculative investigation, which is permissible if there are national security interests, but there are no charges against Trump or anyone else to refute. To date, no one has even suggested what Trump MIGHT HAVE done wrong.

The question is, how many times can they cry wolf before even those with the largest tinfoil hats finally catch on? The only thing this "investigation" has uncovered is reversed targeting, leaking, and unlawful unmasking.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
I'm not surprised by that. I have maintained for some time it has been his aides under investigation. The reason you hear crickets is because there is a LOT going on here. And your statement adds NOTHING.

And the Trump administration has been impeding and obstructing these investigations. Yesterday Trump did so. Who remembers the first item on Nixons impeachment papers?

But more importantly....you are taking Trumps statement as fact, they statement is that comey should say whether he was under investigation, followed by Trumps statement. That could just as easily mean Trump lied.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:21 PM

23,627 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Both Grassley and Feinstein were told by Comey who was not being investigated. Grassley is trying to get the FBI to release that information so that those in government can finely get past this issue and begin to work together. If Trump is not being investigated, as Grassley is alluding, then the FBI should release that info.

Quote:
On a different topic, Mr. Comey testified before the Judiciary Committee last week. Senator Blumenthal asked him whether the FBI had ruled anyone out as a potential target of the investigation of allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. In response, Mr. Comey stated: “Well, I haven’t said anything publicly about who we’ve opened investigations on. I briefed the Chair and Ranking on who those people are.”

Mr. Comey was asked if the FBI is investigating the President. He refused to answer. Mr. Comey said he didn’t want people to over-interpret his refusal, but that he wasn’t going to comment on anyone in particular. He thought it would put him on a slippery slope of having to answer who else is or is not under investigation. That could reveal who is being investigated.

I understand why he took that position, but I don’t agree – at least not when it comes to the President and senior government officials. The American people deserve to know if senior government officials are under active criminal or intelligence investigation.

Mr. Comey did brief Ranking Member Feinstein and me on who the targets of the various investigations are. It would not be appropriate for me to reveal those details before the professionals conducting the investigations are ready. So, I will not answer any questions about who are targets of the ongoing Russia investigations. But I will say this: Shortly after Director Comey briefed us, I tweeted that he should be transparent. I said he should tell the public what he told Senator Feinstein and me about whether the FBI is or is not investigating the President.

On Tuesday, the President’s letter said that Director Comey told him he was not under investigation. Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the President’s statement. Now Mr. Comey is no longer the FBI director. But the FBI should still follow my advice. It should confirm to the public whether it is or is not investigating the President. Because it has failed to make this clear, speculation has run rampant.

The intelligence community said that one of the Russians’ goals is to undermine the American public’s faith in our democratic institutions. Wild speculation that the FBI is targeting the President in a criminal or intelligence inquiry is not just irresponsible and unfounded. It provides aid and comfort to the Russians and their goal of undermining faith in our democracy.

So, what I suggest is that before this Committee does anything more on this matter, that all the Members get briefed by the FBI on what is actually going on.

Hopefully, that will help temper some of the unsubstantiated statements that have been made.
https://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...siness-meeting

Old 05-12-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I'm not surprised by that. I have maintained for some time it has been his aides under investigation.
Congratulations. Your tinfoil hat is a bit smaller than the rest of your ilk.

Quote:
The reason you hear crickets is because there is a LOT going on here.
And yet you wear one. There is nothing going on here. Nothing at all. No evidence has been presented. No one has even suggested how Trump MIGHT HAVE been involved. Do you also believe in Santa Klaus?

Quote:
And your statement adds NOTHING.
My statement is exaclty right, as it has been all along. This thing is almost done except for the hardcore MSNBC nutters.

Quote:
And the Trump administration has been impeding and obstructing these investigations. Yesterday Trump did so. Who remembers the first item on Nixons impeachment papers?
Watergate was a real scandal. This is pure speculation. Get it into your mind. Watergate was really real in the really real world. This is purely a fantasy.

Quote:
But more importantly....you are taking Trumps statement as fact, they statement is that comey should say whether he was under investigation, followed by Trumps statement. That could just as easily mean Trump lied.
I barely pay attention to Trump. I don't even like the guy. I am taking the complete lack of evidence, and the complete inability of ANYONE, ANYWHERE to even state a case against him as fact.

Good luck in that little alternate universe you live in Greywar. In your world, there is smoke which will lead to fire, which will lead to the massive conflagration of Trump's presidency in an impeachment.

In this universe, he is ours for 3.5 to 7.5 more years.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:38 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Congratulations. Your tinfoil hat is a bit smaller than the rest of your ilk.

And yet you wear one. There is nothing going on here. Nothing at all. No evidence has been presented. No one has even suggested how Trump MIGHT HAVE been involved. Do you also believe in Santa Klaus?

My statement is exaclty right, as it has been all along. This thing is almost done except for the hardcore MSNBC nutters.

Watergate was a real scandal. This is pure speculation. Get it into your mind. Watergate was really real in the really real world. This is purely a fantasy.

I barely pay attention to Trump. I don't even like the guy. I am taking the complete lack of evidence, and the complete inability of ANYONE, ANYWHERE to even state a case against him as fact.

Good luck in that little alternate universe you live in Greywar. In your world, there is smoke which will lead to fire, which will lead to the massive conflagration of Trump's presidency in an impeachment.

In this universe, he is ours for 3.5 to 7.5 more years.

They haven't even gotten started on this process yet, so how can you predict anything ? Oh, right, you simply "know" there is nothing to it. Got it !

Old 05-13-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They haven't even gotten started on this process yet, so how can you predict anything ? Oh, right, you simply "know" there is nothing to it. Got it !
I am not going to waste posts on trying to convince the coolaid crowd, so this is my last attempt to help you. Take my advice and sleep well at night, or don't. I don't care. but...

A) Yes, they have gotten started. This thing is well underway.

B) It is not a criminal investigation, but a speculative investigation. I am not sure if you understand, or are capable of understanding, what that means, but it means that no one is even alleging any wrongdoing. It means they are starting from a zero point and kicking over random rocks.

C) Not only is no one accusing Trump of anything, they have yet to suggest what he might have or could have done.

D) As is the point of the thread, Trump is not even personally under investigation.

YOU ARE BELEIVING A FAIRYTALE.

That is my last word, take it or leave it. Despite the endless drumbeat from your puppet masters at CNN, MSNBC and the Huffington post, most of the rest of the country is laughing at you. Or at least most of the rest of the country that actually understands the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies