Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,570,621 times

Advertisements

As an Independent, I have no loyalty to either side and voted for both side. I consider Independents like me to be the tilt in the past Presidential election.

I don't like a Republican super majority and I'm seeing the Democrats faltering elections and losing political ground.

I hate the liberal leaning media because they focus on issues that hardly matters to Americans and disregard issues that do matter.

With that being said, if you look at the election results since 2010. Across the country except for the coastal states the Democrats are losing ground and representation. They have the smallest minority in the House since the 50s.

This is the stuff that matters not the stupid Federal Judges that stops Trump's Exec Order. Those are District Judges that sells favors to the elites. The Supreme court will easily overrule them.

If the Democrats don't improve their standings, Trump will be able to fill future vacancies in the Supreme Court and it'll be too late to change in our lifetime.

And all liberals and democrats are only worried about protecting illegals. Illegals are what the rich want to protect has nothing to do with the people.

I have very little hope in the Democrat party right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 09:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,425,908 times
Stay tuned for further developments.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:01 AM

29,992 posts, read 18,827,290 times
Liberals are thankfully digging their hole bigger and bigger. I honestly do hope they can regain some semblance of sanity in the coming years.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:07 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,357,362 times
If they hope to compete nationally again, they must return to economics and drop the identity politics racket. The party has been taken over by zealots, who have purged any opposition. On the issues of illegal immigration and abortion, in particular, they have gone bat s*** crazy and defy reality, which has put them at odds with rational people. This has cost them dearly.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM

It's kind of sad seeing liberals protest for illegals who are gonna take their jobs or need tax hike to pay for benefits.

Liberals are hypocrites after all, because like conservatives they complain about tax hikes but they want the goodies they enjoyed paid for by others.

Where's the protest against Apple for not paying their share of the taxes? They love Apple.

And why no protest against the high price of healthcare for their parents who are forced to add them to their health coverage.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,608,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
As an Independent, I have no loyalty to either side and voted for both side. I consider Independents like me to be the tilt in the past Presidential election.

I don't like a Republican super majority and I'm seeing the Democrats faltering elections and losing political ground.

I hate the liberal leaning media because they focus on issues that hardly matters to Americans and disregard issues that do matter.

With that being said, if you look at the election results since 2010. Across the country except for the coastal states the Democrats are losing ground and representation. They have the smallest minority in the House since the 50s.

This is the stuff that matters not the stupid Federal Judges that stops Trump's Exec Order. Those are District Judges that sells favors to the elites. The Supreme court will easily overrule them.

If the Democrats don't improve their standings, Trump will be able to fill future vacancies in the Supreme Court and it'll be too late to change in our lifetime.

And all liberals and democrats are only worried about protecting illegals. Illegals are what the rich want to protect has nothing to do with the people.

I have very little hope in the Democrat party right now.
umm, just a heads up. the bit where you claim the dems have the smallest minority in the house is completely wrong , it was worse in 2014, worser still in 2012 and worster still in 2010

The democrats GAINED seats in the SENATE and in the HOUSE in Nov 2016!!!!

there are a large number of people who simply miss this so dont feel too bad.

dems won seats in senate and House and got almost 3 million more POTUS votes. The MAJORITY of Americans voted for hillary, and the Dem senators reflect tens of millions of more voters than the GOP ones. the dems with 51.49 million voters got 46 seats, and GOP with 40.40 million votes got 54 seats.

what you see it that more Americans support the Dems despite whatever you would or would not like to think.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Quote:
It's kind of sad seeing liberals protest for illegals who are gonna take their jobs or need tax hike to pay for benefits.

Liberals are hypocrites after all, because like conservatives they complain about tax hikes but they want the goodies they enjoyed paid for by others.

Where's the protest against Apple for not paying their share of the taxes? They love Apple.

And why no protest against the high price of healthcare for their parents who are forced to add them to their health coverage.
Somehow I do not believe you to be as independent as you claim.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:59 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,191,985 times
Quote:

If you think illegal immigration, healthcare, housing, jobs, economy, taxes, and safety net have nothing to do with the people, then please enlighten us what is.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:03 AM

24,296 posts, read 17,027,498 times
Democrats have become the party of Division except when it comes to illegal aliens that they tend to lump in with all immigrants.
They divide along race lines, party lines, protest lines and if you voted for Trump to block Hillary you are a despicable deplorable.

There seems to be no middle ground for them. I do give the Dems credit though in that they march in lock step even if that marching is taking them over a cliff.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
umm, just a heads up. the bit where you claim the dems have the smallest minority in the house is completely wrong , it was worse in 2014, worser still in 2012 and worster still in 2010

The democrats GAINED seats in the SENATE and in the HOUSE in Nov 2016!!!!

there are a large number of people who simply miss this so dont feel too bad.

dems won seats in senate and House and got almost 3 million more POTUS votes. The MAJORITY of Americans voted for hillary, and the Dem senators reflect tens of millions of more voters than the GOP ones. the dems with 51.49 million voters got 46 seats, and GOP with 40.40 million votes got 54 seats.

what you see it that more Americans support the Dems despite whatever you would or would not like to think.
It was a small net gain but not enough. Because the 2018 mid-terms are gonna hurt since at best the Democrat maintain their seats in the senate. Any worse they will give a GOP a super majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies