Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 04:52 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, maybe because he WAS great ! Let's see what kinds of songs are sung about Donald Trump .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRLP...YPQ_BK&index=4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 04:52 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Good, politics don't belong in a year book.
Agreed. Again, lunatic trump supporters who, if they can't have their way, scream about liberals and other boogiemen.

I wonder how the OP would have felt about anti-Trump messages? Because, by rights, those are just as valid as pro-Trump ones. Oh, but who am I kidding? In right-winger land, the 1st Amendment only applies to people who agree with them - and the 2nd Amendment gives them an excuse to shoot people who disagree. Because, you know, that's patriotic and 'merican!

Old 05-12-2017, 04:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
North Carolina school district recalls yearbooks over Trump quote
North Carolina school district recalls yearbooks over Trump quote | Fox News

Public schools are so leftist I'm surprised they don't substitute the USA flag with a Che' flag.
Get over it.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
If Mexicans have a problem with a wall on the southern border then perhaps they should tear down the one on their own southern border.

As long as the quote isn't using could language, inciting violence, or other such issues then a student's personal statement should not be a problem regardless of one's politics. The quote isn't a reflection of the school. It's a reflection of the student as an individual. Schools should promote free thinking young adults instead of trying to bully the group to think as the teachers and administrators want them to think.
So, you're fine with anti-Trump messages calling out out on his crap? Just curious, since usually those on the right only want freedom until it allows a differing opinion.

As for "The Wall," anyone who actually thinks it has anything to do with resolving illegal immigration issues in this nation is kidding themselves. You want to fix those, go after the companies that employ the illegals and find some way to properly vet and handle the immigrants, as has been done so many other times in our nation's past. "The Wall," is nothing but a symbol to bigots who hate "brown people," and a vague hope for the lost and ignorant who think complex problems have simple solutions, like magical walls keeping all the illegals out and suddenly providing well-paying jobs to all Americans. Fantasy and bigotry - nothing more... and Trump won't even be able to pull that off.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:07 PM

313 posts, read 152,623 times
Quote:
North Carolina school district recalls yearbooks over Trump quote
North Carolina school district recalls yearbooks over Trump quote | Fox News

Public schools are so leftist I'm surprised they don't substitute the USA flag with a Che' flag.
The left's crybaby tactics will insure that young person will remain a conservative the rest of their life. Hopefully they will become a advocate of free speech since they are being forced to be quiet.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:09 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
That's right good 'ol censorship...the American way.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:38 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You absolutely can't have a pro Trump quote in a yearbook. The racist p---- grabber is vulgar and obscene and his filthy rhetoric is not appropriate for teens.

I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time, never. These allegations are false, and I need to go back to work for the American people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why is constructing a wall 'negative' and 'hateful'?

do tell.

If you already hate America, you lack Hope and demand that it Change.

If you already love America, protecting it is Positive and the opposite of Hateful.

Everybody protects what they love. Conservatives wish to conserve America.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:21 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, time for you to go back to school:

"Hope and change" ......... positive and uplifting.

"Build that wall"............... negative and hateful.
Not exactly. "Build that Wall" is extremely positive and uplifting. It speaks to rule of law and protecting the sovereignty of this country. Both are good things. Why should Americans care if illegals and their apologists don't like the phrase?

On the yearbook itself being recalled, had I already gotten my copy I would not have returned it. There is no legal basis for the school to demand that I give it to them. I bought it. It's in my possession. They have no right to it once it is in my hands.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:19 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Good, politics don't belong in a year book.

I once lived in a town where the wealthiest neighborhood was on one side of a four-lane road, and the poorest neighborhood was on the other side of the road. (One side was inside the city limits and the other side was outside, but both neighborhoods were in the same school district.) The residents of the wealthy neighborhood put up a wall in order to block any view of the poor neighborhood.

If I had been a graduating senior, my yearbook comment would have been "Tear down this wall".

Old 05-13-2017, 02:42 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say this: IF I had purchased a yearbook, and had it in my hand, and the school administration said "Give it back!", they would have a problem. I would not give it back. I would consider it MINE, bought and paid for, and they have NO right to it, period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies