Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 11:15 PM

99 posts, read 68,406 times

Advertisements

Yeah much better to have a globalist. We've had these types for a long time now and has your life progressed the way you hoped? Cost of living cheap, education available, plenty of good jobs? Men/women dynamic enjoyable and fun to pursue or is it better now, and future times, to ask some fat dumb person who dislikes you permission to act like a polite butler?

Best to join the new grunge punk-rock of walking away from this globalist/collectivist crap--the counterculture of some type of new conservatism. I've always like exisitng in the counterculture, much cooler and those in it better lookin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 11:24 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump is more fit than the alternative was fit. Things are at an 11 now and hysteria by the Left and the Press rules the day today, but I am not sorry Hillary lost and Trump won.
I agree.

I did not vote for Trump. But, I am glad that Hillary did not get elected.

As long as Trump appoints conservative jurists who lean philosophically to Constitutional Originalism, I am satisfied.

He is certainly unorthodox. But, the beauty of our system, which seems lost on so many of those who dislike Trump, is that our Constitution contains and prescribes certain restrictions on the authority of POTUS and the entire federal government. If you dislike Trump, you can start advocating a return to originalist ideas of Constitutional restrictions and you can vote against him in the next election. If Trump runs and wins the next election, he will be gone in less than 8 years.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:44 PM

628 posts, read 695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i think trump is a big fat narcissist, but so was the last guy who sat in that oval office. The only thing that mitigates that perception are trump's children who seem to adore him and are well behaved, successful, responsible people. The trump kids and their families have paid dearly including the 10 year old barron with unrelenting, personal, vicious attacks from the leftist mob due to trump's pursuit and attainment of public office. A normal person wouldn't put family through that abuse to be a public servant.

edited to add, i think obama is a bigger narcissist. He flies around on a personal jet with over a dozen car entourage while preaching about the dire problem of climate change and garners 10s of millions in book deals and speaking fees while previously having admonished others for having "enough" money. Trump has never denied who he is. Obama is a hypocrite and narcissist.

bull

Old 05-15-2017, 12:38 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Just to share an example of what Trump does when speaking during the Lester Holt interview, when pausing in the the midst of a sentence, closes lips, snorts, then continues his thought. He does so several times.

I think it is strange and is was first witnessed when he did so during debates, last year. Some had suggested different reasons, but I feel it is due to a nervous reaction. You just do not see people doing this. You may want to see some other interview clips since he does this often in this sort of setting, and I have wondered why. (He does not do so when at a rally and just yelling to his fans, which is different as he is "in his element").

https://youtu.be/5Wvuw_Zmubg

Last edited by In2itive_1; 05-15-2017 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: Trying to add clip., addition.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:06 AM

19,027 posts, read 14,205,095 times
The last time I checked the constitution, the president didn't "run the country."
He's not the leader, but the highest ranking public SERVANT, delegated power to execute laws enacted by CONGRESS. And nothing more.
. . .
Has anyone objected to his execution of enacted laws?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:28 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The last time I checked the constitution, the president didn't "run the country."
He's not the leader, but the highest ranking public SERVANT, delegated power to execute laws enacted by CONGRESS. And nothing more.
. . .
Has anyone objected to his execution of enacted laws?
Executive Orders

Old 05-15-2017, 04:45 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I agree. HE was the giant troublemaker. It was endless coming from him and most everyone knows that. He was not the one being attacked, sabotaged or bullied. In fact, if it had not been for him, it would have been an entirely different election season for all. If he had not caused such unnecessary distractions for his Conservative opponents, then Hillary, being diverted by defending, discussing or reacting to things he said rather than remaining focused.....we would not even be discussing this right now.
He (Trump) was a giant troublemaker?
No.
I would say the media was the GIANT troublemaker.

And if Hillary got distracted from Trump like you say and that caused her to loose.
Well then I imagine being President has alot of distractions, so that just proves she shouldn't of been President.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:10 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Sadly there are millions of delusional Americans that voted for him and likely still think he is fit to run the country. There were enough of them strategically located to win the electoral college. They have much damaged this nationand its institutions but thankfully are a minority that is shrinking.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Another week, another bunch of weirdness. Does anyone really think that Trump is fit to run a country?

Clearly, anyone with even a semi-rational mind sees it.

But here's the thing:

To the GOP, it doesn't matter. They'll be able to shove the worst of their corporatist, anti-middle class agenda through easily because tRump is an ignoramus who'll sign any legislation they plop down in front of him because they'll convince the fool that it'll be "another win" for him.

They know that they can continue to get away with this for awhile, because the public's memory is short and the next election is 18 months away.

Look for them to start distancing themselves from tRump by early next year, though.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:31 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Source?
I'll answer for you - it was just someone taking a wild guess based on the admission requirements of the college he went to which didn't apply to him as he was a transfer so basically its bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies