Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 03:30 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not sorry Hillary lost but I am sorry that Trump won. Too bad there wasn't another viable candidate. It amazes me this country couldn't produce someone better to run things.
What person would run for any public office now....from Mayor to President? The vicious personal attacks on the candidate, their family, their friends, their business associates are relentless and potentially physically dangerous. An emotionally heathy person wouldn't consider public service worth the personal cost and that is unfortunate.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-12-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 03:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
"Does anyone really think that Trump is fit to run a country?"

Can only speak for myself - but it is an obvious "no". And this was before this week's craziness.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:31 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Another week, another bunch of weirdness. Does anyone really think that Trump is fit to run a country?
He's not fit to run to the store for a quart of milk. Literally and figuratively.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:38 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He's not fit to run to the store for a quart of milk. Literally and figuratively.
^ this

Trump belongs in at Pilgrim State, instead he's sitting in the Oval Office with access to nuclear weapons

Old 05-12-2017, 03:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is a REASON that Ringling Bros. shut down at the end of 2016.

You mean the terrible cruelty the animals suffered?

Over half of the cats had cracked pads on their paws from the harsh surface. Some suffered from severe hygromas (fluid-filled swellings) from constantly lying on hard surfaces.. didn’t see any evidence that the condition was being treated, putting the animals at risk of developing severe inflammation, ulceration, infection, abscesses, granulomas, and fistulas.

Nothing about the circus is natural for tigers, who are whipped into performing and punished for simply behaving according to their nature.

In the U.S. alone, 128 captive cats and 24 humans have died and 270 humans have been injured since 1990.

Big-Cat Expert Exposes the Mind-Numbing, Painful Reality of Tigers at Ringling Bros. | Ringling Beats Animals

Old 05-12-2017, 03:46 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I've called all my members of Congress multiple times this week. I also called the DOJ today. The firing of Comey, who was in the middle of an investigation of possible collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia, is obstruction of justice.

We are heading toward a dictatorship, and most in the GOP are happily following along.
Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan are pretending it's just a normal week.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. Everyone - contact both of your US Senators and your 1 US Rep.

If you don't want to call, google their names and you will get their official web page which has CONTACT info. On that page is a fill-in-form where you add your comments. Takes 2 minutes.

Here's an official web site that you can use to contact your senators and us rep.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

Old 05-12-2017, 03:47 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Gross incompetence aside, President Trump demonstrates signs of deep rooted mental derangement, scattered thought process, and most critically, Delusional Disorder.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. But the signs and symptoms are observable. If he does indeed suffer from any of these (possibly untreated) maladies, we will continue witnessing more incidences of reckless behavior and comments from the President.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:51 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
He's only normal if being abnormal is considered normal. Repeat that 3 times.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:55 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not sorry Hillary lost but I am sorry that Trump won. Too bad there wasn't another viable candidate. It amazes me this country couldn't produce someone better to run things.
The president's job isn't to "run things." He's a public servant, not a ruler. The congress needs to get it's act together. If Trump wants to make America great again (hint: he doesn't), then he'd return the powers the presidency has that were once exclusively congress'. This would force congress into being a proper branch of the government again, and might get voters to give a damn about the election that realistically matters more.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:03 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You mean the terrible cruelty the animals suffered?

Over half of the cats had cracked pads on their paws from the harsh surface. Some suffered from severe hygromas (fluid-filled swellings) from constantly lying on hard surfaces.. didn’t see any evidence that the condition was being treated, putting the animals at risk of developing severe inflammation, ulceration, infection, abscesses, granulomas, and fistulas.

Nothing about the circus is natural for tigers, who are whipped into performing and punished for simply behaving according to their nature.

In the U.S. alone, 128 captive cats and 24 humans have died and 270 humans have been injured since 1990.

Big-Cat Expert Exposes the Mind-Numbing, Painful Reality of Tigers at Ringling Bros. | Ringling Beats Animals
Trump was a big fan of elephants in the Ringling circus. When they agreed to stop using them he tweeted angrily about it.

Now he's an elephant in the circus that our federal government has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies