Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Junior is crazy and hot. Winning combination.
It's only a matter of time before he's on the cover of Rolling Stone, tousled hair flowing from under a come hither turban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 06:37 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
If I felt like spending the time, I could dig up all the many occasions where the US (Both D & R) armed a bunch of loose cannons and the weapons ended up in our enemies hands. Probably goes back well before the "Indian wars". LOL

Or we could discuss all the land mines we have deployed that are still blowing up all kinds of civilians.

If anyone REALLY cared, they would not be pointing fingers, they would be discussing a way to stop such stupidity, rather than making partisan political hay. But alas, that is not the case. After all, if a bunch of children get limbs blown off it might be an opportunity to distract from Trump's incompetence and blame Obama.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:12 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
If I felt like spending the time, I could dig up all the many occasions where the US (Both D & R) armed a bunch of loose cannons and the weapons ended up in our enemies hands. Probably goes back well before the "Indian wars". LOL

Or we could discuss all the land mines we have deployed that are still blowing up all kinds of civilians.

If anyone REALLY cared, they would not be pointing fingers, they would be discussing a way to stop such stupidity, rather than making partisan political hay. But alas, that is not the case. After all, if a bunch of children get limbs blown off it might be an opportunity to distract from Trump's incompetence and blame Obama.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:45 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

And you deflect and ignored Obama's role in creating more power vacuums in the Arab world while making it rain more free weapons.

The problem is that I am sure you will care if Trump continues the Obama-Bush doctrine.

We can't afford selective principles on this issue. Not anymore. We must learn from our past mistakes, which starts with admitting to the mistakes not on a partisan basis. Carter and Reagan armed Al Qaeda - many say it was foolish and use 9-11 as an example. Yet those same people don't mind that Obama armed Al Qaeda and stayed silent (just as the media largely ignored it). All the more reasons for Republicans to stay silent if Trump behaves in the same inept way.

Just like Obama, Trump has already struck a country without congressional approval that wasn't posing a direct threat to us. Trump is already careening down the same reckless path as Obama in foreign policy.

Congress has authorized Trump to give anti-aircraft missiles to these "moderate rebels" that keep joining or giving weapons to ISIS/Al Qaeda, etc...

Trump hasn't done this yet and might not, but he also armed Syrian Kurds, despite strong objections.

Congress authorizes Trump to arm Syrian rebels with anti-aircraft missiles

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/u...yria-army.html

You aren't worried that Trump is in the mold of reckless Obama?

We must hold all politicians accountable and learn from these past mistakes.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:50 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bin Laden’s son wants to avenge his father, ex-FBI agent says - CBS News

So, Obama the genius, looked at the world that he inherited and said "hmmm let's create more power vacuums and then make it rain free tax payer weapons everywhere." Such is the Obama-Bush doctrine.

Then Obama lashed out and struck Libya without congressional approval after campaigning on that very sort of action being illegal. To compound the brilliance of creating a new power vacuum in the unstable Arab world he decided to arm Al Qaeda to help topple Gadhafi.

Now, Bin Laden's son is saying that Al Qaeda is stronger than ever and will lash out at the US and avenge his father. After all, why not? They have lots of US weapons!

Perhaps it wasn't smart for Obama to arm the terrorists that masterminded 9-11 to help remove Gadhafi?

U.S.-Approved Weapons Transfer Ended Up With Libyan Jihadis - The New York Times

Confirmed: U.S. Armed Al Qaeda to Topple Libya's Gaddaffi

Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side - Telegraph

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...armed-al-qaeda

Al-Nusra commander says US are arming jihadists with tanks in Syria | World | News | Express.co.uk

US-Armed Syrian Opposition “Surrenders” to Al Qaeda? | New Eastern Outlook

https://sputniknews.com/us/201612171...yria-al-qaeda/

US-trained Syrian rebels gave weapons to al Qaeda, Pentagon admits | TheHill

I am not sure this is as "brilliant" as Obama repeatedly arming ISIS (err I mean "moderate Syrian rebels"), but it is much worse than Obama arming Mexican Drug Cartels that have murdered 300+ people and counting with Obama's weapons.

If Trump continues the Obama-Bush doctrine we are in serious trouble.
Obama has made SOUBL's dreams come true! Obama has donated 150 billion dollars to Iran the source of a all global sponsored terrorism. SOUBL will definitely be the recipient of a major cash award compliments of obama via Iran. Oh boy Iran promised not to nuke us for 10 years!!!!

Old 05-18-2017, 09:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
FYI to the OP - Reagan armed bin Laden Sr.

Not sure why you are trying to act like Obama is to blame for bin Laden's son's actions. Do you blame Reagan for Bin Laden's actions with Al Queda?

Silly IMO.

I agree with JIMANDTHOM earlier that the main issue is arms dealing and training these militia. Unfortunately our country has been doing this for decades. It didn't start with Obama and our current President has even stated we should still be doing the same thing when it comes to Syria and other places in the ME.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
#1 I have pointed this out before.

#2 Why are Democrats so dishonest on this point? They seemingly always mention Reagan and not Carter. Carter started it and Reagan continued it. Carter had been doing it for basically 2 whole years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

#3 Yes, it is sad that Obama was an idiot and could not learn from the past mistakes. This was an often stated point about Carter-Reagan arming Al Qaeda in the late 70s and 80s...yet Obama was a dunce and did it again and then did it to many other terrorist groups. Do you think Trump is smart enough to learn from the mistakes of the Obama-Bush Doctrine (creating power vacuums and then making it rain free weapons)? Or should we point this out as much as possible and hope that Trump can learn where Obama was incorrigible? There could be massive damage long-term if we have another Obama-Bush style president.
Reagan did it for longer than Carter.

Also, you have to remember that even Carter wasn't the first to arm enemies of the USA. Our country has been doing this for over 50 years. So, sorry, I see the faux outrage, only aimed at Obama or Democrats from you as pretty disingenuous.

If you want to speak ill of arming international militias that have the potential to turn into terrorist or dictators, then that is all and well. But to act like Obama is more to blame that Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr. , Reagan, Carter, Ford, Johnson, or Kennedy amongst others, is having a one track mind.

I'll also note that we as lay persons do not have any true, in depth understanding of what is going on the world the way our government leaders know who get daily briefings and reports about the ME and terrorism. I think the majority of our presidents change their tune of foreign affairs after they get into office because only then do they understand that depth of what is going on. They make difficult decisions but no one can see the future. Sometimes the military assistance and arming groups is helpful to stabilize an area along with decrease US military involvement on the ground (which is why presidents from both parties have gone this route). But sometimes it has a negative outcome, such was the case with Bin Laden and other individuals and groups like him/his that aren't as widely publicized today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies