Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 10:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Those DNA companies are scammers. Telling black people they can trace them back to original tribes and areas. Just preying on people's emotions.
The guy that took the DNA test is white. Are you just intentionally ignoring that fact?

And DNA tests CAN and DO trace people back to their tribes and origins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 11:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Cops all razz one another, so the fact that he went out of his way to tell them indicates he may have been looking for a cash grab. If the others are being honest in saying the kidding would die down and then HE'D bring it up again, then that makes it even more obvious.

Funny that he's not shocked that these things were happening or being said, only that they were directed at him. And by funny, I mean telling.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Cops all razz one another, so the fact that he went out of his way to tell them indicates he may have been looking for a cash grab. If the others are being honest in saying the kidding would die down and then HE'D bring it up again, then that makes it even more obvious.

Funny that he's not shocked that these things were happening or being said, only that they were directed at him. And by funny, I mean telling.
Agreed.

Like you, I'm starting to smell a rat.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:

Something tells me that he ain't clever enough to come up with a scheme as byzantine as what you're proposing.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:

I linked The Family Guy episode he has loosely based his story off of on page 1.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.

Like you, I'm starting to smell a rat.
Yeah, for the mayor to show his true colors (pardon the pun) means they're quite comfortable being racist idiots but suddenly he's 18% wounded by it because it's directed toward him. Snowflake or scammer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Something tells me that he ain't clever enough to come up with a scheme as byzantine as what you're proposing.
I don't think you need brains or common sense to be shady. Think about the number of cops you've heard about who were shady. Were they Ivy League material or did their options in life seem a little limited?

Look at the thug cop who shot the guy in the back, and then threw his taser near the body to fit his narrative that the guy was going after him. Then, he changed his story saying he moved it so nobody would pick it up, as though throwing it on the ground would make any sense.

This guy is a dolt, but filing a lawsuit is going to break down relations between him and his fellow cops to a point of no return. I think most cops would only do that if they envisioned some payoff for it.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I linked The Family Guy episode he has loosely based his story off of on page 1.
Could be, but that would really be dense.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:57 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
So when white folks claim that if they found out that they had black ancestry, it would be no big deal to them...I just gotta wonder how true that is!
Quote:
And the 25% white thing is highly questionable....not to mention how meaningless it is.

Seems like someone has a problem with reality when it is inverted.

You yourself mentioned that white slave owners raped black slaves leading to children. Frederick Douglass is an example of a white slave owner fathering a child with a slave.

The average African-American has 73.2% of their ancestry from Africa and therefore 26.8% outside of Africa - with most of that being from Europe (24.4%). Nothing to be ashamed of. It shows how we are all more similar than some of us realize or are willing to admit.

Genetic study reveals surprising ancestry of many Americans | Science | AAAS

Quote:
African Americans are all descended pretty much from the same African region from the same handful of nations (that didn't exist back then) and tribes. We aren't very diverse.

Also, keep in mind that as the African slave trade existed before Europeans arrived for slaves so that it was extensive and that some of these slaves came from deeper inland. Africa is the second largest continent in terms of land area and arguably the most diverse genetically.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:24 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I know many would hate to hear it but over 20 years as a cop I have to say cops are ruthless with each other. There pretty much is very little that is out of bounds. You give an inch they take a mile. We all messed with each other. Thats what built a bother hood. We all knew everyone's strengths and weaknesses. The ribbing brought us closer together as a family. Most other jobs would never understand that.
Cops form an honor group, in the old sense of that word - men who depend on each other in tough situations, and therefore must continually prod and test each other to make sure everyone is tough and loyal enough to be a worthy member of the group. If someone is too thin skinned to take some ribbing, that's something the group needs to know, so it doesn't make the mistake of depending on that person for backup in a hairy situation. It's not about being nice or even about being ethical. The only purpose is to make the group strong so that it can do a tough job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EnlA45a9b0

Old 05-13-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Cops form an honor group, in the old sense of that word - men who depend on each other in tough situations, and therefore must continually prod and test each other to make sure everyone is tough and loyal enough to be a worthy member of the group. If someone is too thin skinned to take some ribbing, that's something the group needs to know, so it doesn't make the mistake of depending on that person for backup in a hairy situation. It's not about being nice or even about being ethical. The only purpose is to make the group strong so that it can do a tough job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EnlA45a9b0

You're posting about cops, yet add a video of the military.

I agree that those in the military experience group cohesion. Cops? That's more of a good ole boys club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies