Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 06:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If you take a strict constitutionalist approach, the 2nd was never meant to be what it is today. You guys always leave out the "well-regulated militia" part, so it's no surprise the court splits that way. However, there is no way the 2nd ever goes away in any of our lifetimes. There is no majority support for that even on the left.
It was one vote away from not being an individual right. Hillary would have nominated someone who almost certainly would have sided with the other 4 liberals on the next 2nd Amendment test case. Hillary also all but guaranteed she would damage the 1st Amendment.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:43 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I tell you what, why don't you folks let Donald Trump be president? Why don't you folks, your politicians and the liars in the media let him have a go at it?

Why the intense need from the left to keep continuously smearing him with all your lies and bs then have the sanctimonious audacity to ask us how we can continue to keep supporting him.

Democrats and libs, you all have a serious problem, and you like to pretend it's really a GOP issue.

Remember the birthers and all the hysteria? That's liberals and Democrats today. You've all bought into the Russian fairy tale so thoroughly that you've lost all common-sense and post stupid threads like this.
Sadly you offered nothing substantive to this discussion.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The democrats fear mongering campaign has turned Trump into the bogey man.

His style is different than we are used to with the typical sweet smelling, well spoken lying lawyer politician. Apparently if lied to nicely and the media doesn't do its job, not a peep from the now quivering democrats and their liberal contingent.

Trumps words are analyzed out of context, embellished and set afire by wordsmithing journalists and lawyer/ politicians. Lies, half truth, out of context, negatively interpreted sentences are embraced and embellished to create a monster in the form of Trump. this is a clear pattern used by social justice activists and weaponized by the hijacked democrat party.

The media and political assassination of Trump is crystal clear to the sane portion of the country, especially when political caricatures like Schummer, Warren, Waters and Hillary go deep into hysterical hypocracy. thie butt crack is showing and they don't realize it.

Trump is a regular guy, not a slick harvard grad or career politician who has evolved like Darwin's finches to take advantage ot this isalnds food supply.

Talk about xenophobe and ethnocentristic tendencies, the dems look down upon the people they pretend to help. Elitist attitude and rejection of anyone who does not share their elitist culture or act in a manner they are used to.

The art of communication and its different styles is lost on the media and dems as they stupidly apply a template that doesn't fit and complain its trump and not themselves. The dems are not stupid. they may appear that way, though their intent is insidious and not honest and everyone see it except the flamethrowers on social media that have their children cowering in corners at the sound of trumps name.

Again, nothing substantive is offered to this discussion by your post...just more of the same name calling accusatory reasoning and excuses. I had hoped for better in this thread, and do appreciate those who actually gave it some thought and explained their positions and thoughts.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:58 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The only "turmoil" was caused by Trump haters. He tried to appoint a good judge that was unanimously appointed to the circuit court and liberals refused to confirm him. He tried to prevent terrorists from coming here and unelected low level so-called judges ruled against him. Every day the media makes up a new dumb story about russian influence or hacking or collusion and supports it with screenshots from video games. The only chaos here is coming from Trump haters.
Take your blinders off please Our president is a liar. He also demands loyalty to himself not to our country. He creates chaos every time he tweets. Obama tried to appoint a good judge too. Republicans wouldn't even talk to him or have a hearing.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
If it doesn't apply to you, I'm not sure why it would bother you. And "act like a human being and get treated like a human being" doesn't really make sense. Were gay people not acting like human beings when they were being denied hospital visitation rights, marriage, non-discrimination in housing and employment, etc? Are black people not acting like human beings when they are under constant threat of systemic racism in the justice system? Were trans people not acting like human beings when North Carolina decided they were pedophiles and couldn't use bathrooms? Were Muslim immigrants and refugees not acting like human beings when they were called terrorists? Were Mexicans not being human beings when they were called rapists, drug dealers and murders who needed a wall to separate us from?

Just trying to clarify who exactly was acting inhuman.
Thank you jbcmh81; this is one of the most thought-provoking, intelligent posts in this entire thread. Obviously the responses have gone off-track which I should have expected. I do see, and maybe I'm being naive, but I feel that in reading some of the comments by some Republicans here that there may be a chance that I may see, in my lifetime, people as a whole coming together as Americans rather than "red" or "blue" to require that our government make decisions that are in the best interest of our people and our country rather than in the interest of their own pockets and those of their cronies. This craziness and lack of concern, not to mention most probably multiple acts of treason and disregard for legalities, just cannot keep going on...we either get it corrected and properly channeled, or something is going to explode and it won't be pretty for any of us.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Perhaps it's not the government's job to have their hands in free markets or use politicized executive branches like the EPA to harm industries vital to working class folks... odd how dems cry about environmental issues, I can give GE polluting the Hudson River for YEARS when dems turned a blind and probably paid off, eye to what was going on and Pataki (a republican) enacted dredging... * * *
The Democrats have become the party of the weak. The party of the never haves and never will be's. Who need a boogey man to blame. Who need a card to throw or hide behind.
About time we have a leader, not a shepherd of hope and change to a bunch of blind dumb and daft sheeple...
Okay, finally got through all that. All I can say is that you're very young to hold all that ideology...I can only guess your daddy was the same and you are repeating what you grew up hearing. You sound much too resentful and angry to have got there all by yourself. But I thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts...

Old 05-14-2017, 11:12 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The democrats fear mongering campaign has turned Trump into the bogey man.

His style is different than we are used to with the typical sweet smelling, well spoken lying lawyer politician. Apparently if lied to nicely and the media doesn't do its job, not a peep from the now quivering democrats and their liberal contingent.

Trumps words are analyzed out of context, embellished and set afire by wordsmithing journalists and lawyer/ politicians. Lies, half truth, out of context, negatively interpreted sentences are embraced and embellished to create a monster in the form of Trump. this is a clear pattern used by social justice activists and weaponized by the hijacked democrat party.

The media and political assassination of Trump is crystal clear to the sane portion of the country, especially when political caricatures like Schummer, Warren, Waters and Hillary go deep into hysterical hypocracy. thie butt crack is showing and they don't realize it.

Trump is a regular guy, not a slick harvard grad or career politician who has evolved like Darwin's finches to take advantage ot this isalnds food supply.

Talk about xenophobe and ethnocentristic tendencies, the dems look down upon the people they pretend to help. Elitist attitude and rejection of anyone who does not share their elitist culture or act in a manner they are used to.

The art of communication and its different styles is lost on the media and dems as they stupidly apply a template that doesn't fit and complain its trump and not themselves. The dems are not stupid. they may appear that way, though their intent is insidious and not honest and everyone see it except the flamethrowers on social media that have their children cowering in corners at the sound of trumps name.
Very accurate assessment.

Liberals who cannot see/admit that the MSM has launched an all out war against Trump from the very beginning are either intellectually dishonest or bamboozled by that same media.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
The silence by Republicans regarding Trump and his behavior is telling. Paul Ryan making excuses for him all the time, it's completely embarrassing to watch.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
You said you object to identity politics and I gave you a reason why it exists- people are absolutely NOT treated equally at all times, especially under the law. You may not personally treat other people unfairly, but plenty of other people do, and the law itself is applied unfairly and discriminatory at times. As long as that is true, identity politics and the "PC" movement will exist. Instead of just being against it, why not take part and help make it better?

There are tons of people in prison for non-violent offenses, like marijuana possession, and black people are disproportionately given prison sentences for them. Is that okay? Is that where those people belong?
This may be a bit off-topic, but relates to statements in your last paragraph. A friend of mine, a high-powered litigation attorney, was a staunch conservative Republican once upon a time. Opinions much like some of the people who shared on this thread. Then came a bipartisan request and assignment to work on investigation of the Texas death penalty and death penalty cases. Once she began to really study the facts, read the information about who was actually getting executed, she learned the ugly truth about sentencing disparities between white and black prisoners, and executions of same...she is now a liberal Democrat fighting to overturn the death penalty.

Knowledge is power. With regard to my original question on this thread, we would ALL do well to educate ourselves to political TRUTHS...not listening to others on the internet, or listening to left-leaning or right-leaning news outlets. This is our country and we need to stop tearing each other apart and start learning how to work together to make things better for us all.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't need a study to tell me who is in prison and for what. If you are in prison for only possession then you likely have a history of prior offenses that led to your current sentence. And you are likely in minimum security because you have low points in your jacket with 1-3 years to do. This is the case in Cali anyway.

And how long will the "segregation" argument be used?
As I told you in my private "rep" to you, you are so woefully incorrect. And the "segregation" argument will be used as long as it continues to rear it's UGLY head, as it STILL does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies