Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 05:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
This subject always bring people out of the woodwork that lack the necessary integrity to post the truth. Always.

You tell me, tell everyone, if Mom doesn't work and earns 0, what is Dad's recourse?
Pay the child support.

Why all the agonizing over it?

Your kids = your responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 06:01 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
We either need to have greater respect for traditional gender roles or we need to take gender completely out of the equation when it comes to family court rulings. Also people need to have greater commitments to their families, above and beyond their own individual wants. Parents can be very narcissistic when it comes to their individual wants as compared to their family's needs and we wonder why so many people in the younger generations are growing up to be so screwed up. Both genders are at fault when it comes to misplaced priorities like this. When a father or mother makes an individual decision they must first and foremost consider how it will effect their entire family. There is a time and a place for individual fulfillment without regard for others and it's called college. Grow up America!

Old 08-06-2019, 06:46 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pay the child support.

Why all the agonizing over it?

Your kids = your responsibility.
Why doesnt Mom have a financial responsibility as well?

Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
We either need to have greater respect for traditional gender roles or we need to take gender completely out of the equation when it comes to family court rulings. Also people need to have greater commitments to their families, above and beyond their own individual wants. Parents can be very narcissistic when it comes to their individual wants as compared to their family's needs and we wonder why so many people in the younger generations are growing up to be so screwed up. Both genders are at fault when it comes to misplaced priorities like this. When a father or mother makes an individual decision they must first and foremost consider how it will effect their entire family. There is a time and a place for individual fulfillment without regard for others and it's called college. Grow up America!

i appreciate the platitudes...should this, should that...

But dealing with reality as it is- if Dad doesnt pay, courts, Judges, and cops will force him to pay; even going so far to throw him in jail if he doesnt. But if Mom doesn't pay; even if she pays 0 for years and years, no one cares and no one will do anything to her.

See the problem?

Old 08-06-2019, 06:52 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
The question is simple:

If financial support for a child that approximates 25-40% of Dad's gross income is so important, why are those in authority perfectly ok with Mom providing 0 financial support to their child?
In what state does child support (for one child) comprise 40% of Dad's gross income?

Quote:
Texas law provides the following Guideline calculations: one child= 20% of Net Monthly Income (discussed further below); two children = 25% of Net Monthly Income; three children = 30% of Net Monthly Income; four children = 35% of Net Monthly Income; five children = 40% of Net Monthly Income; and six children = no less than 40% of Net Monthly Income.

https://cordellcordell.com/resources/texas/texas-child-support/

Definitely not in this one.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
i appreciate the platitudes...should this, should that...

But dealing with reality as it is- if Dad doesnt pay, courts, Judges, and cops will force him to pay; even going so far to throw him in jail if he doesnt. But if Mom doesn't pay; even if she pays 0 for years and years, no one cares and no one will do anything to her.

See the problem?
I was largely agreeing with you. I'm not sure what else you were expecting. It's not just platitudes though. People need to grow the hell up and take their responsibilities to their families seriously.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:58 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
I am a divorced dad. I have one son. He is now 23 years old. I split up from my ex when he was 2 years old. I fought for custody. I spent about 75k in legal fees. I received full custody of him. Obviously there was a lot going on which I wont mention lol. I also settled to not receive child support. The only thing I asked of my ex was that she pay half of his activities. Fast forward 8 years and my ex took me back to court for custody. This case cost me 50k. She had stopped paying for half the activities. Again I received full custody. However this time I asked for child support. She was remarried to a multi millionaire. She was not working. She was a stay at home mom to three kids that she had with him. We ended up agreeing that she would pay $600 a month. Not a single penny of that money ever went in my pocket. Every penny was spent on our son. The only reason I ever asked for it was because she felt that she didn't want to pay for half his activities. Otherwise I never would have asked for support.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Yep, us poor white men cannot ever catch a break in this society, eh?

Old 08-06-2019, 07:04 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Looks like someones mommy didn't love them enough as a child.

Old 08-06-2019, 07:12 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Looks like someones mommy didn't love them enough as a child.
I also really enjoy how this thread keeps getting revived about once a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies