Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 05:23 PM

6,593 posts, read 4,967,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You are a woman, you do it, simple, very few women can help themselves. If you are a man, especially young repressed chemically abused man, you embrace female behavior early on since the system represses typically male decision making patterns. So all gender neutral drones gossip, backstab, mob, manipulate. It is not about me, sisterhood in this thread should really stop trying to make it personal. Smash me with your impersonal arguments instead.
Its not that hard. I really dont understand this pervasive woo is me attitude some men have. Some women are f'ing psychopaths in a very distinct way that guys are not, is up to you to value yourself enough not put up with it, in general people are going to do what you let them do to you, so dont.

Women want a nice person, sure everyone does, if you confuse being nice to letting her walk over you and your lack of backbone will turn her off and she will lose respect. Be nice, dont be a jerk, but have a backbone, tell her when she is wrong, people get too shook up when their wife is mad, don't later she wont be mad.

Another thing that confuses young guys, just becasue the majority of women want a guy to be assertive and not treat her like she is going to break in the bedroom doesnt mean she wants a Neanderthal, just be a good person. Its not hard.

BTW Chemically abused man? wtf is that about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 05:29 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,551,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Its not that hard. I really dont understand this pervasive woo is me attitude some men have. Some women are f'ing psychopaths in a very distinct way that guys are not, is up to you to value yourself enough not put up with it, in general people are going to do what you let them do to you, so dont.

Women want a nice person, sure everyone does, if you confuse being nice to letting her walk over you and your lack of backbone will turn her off and she will lose respect. Be nice, dont be a jerk, but have a backbone, tell her when she is wrong, people get too shook up when their wife is mad, don't later she wont be mad.

Another thing that confuses young guys, just becasue the majority of women want a guy to be assertive and not treat her like she is going to break in the bedroom doesnt mean she wants a Neanderthal, just be a good person. Its not hard.

7 millions of American kids, mostly boys, are on prescribed psychotropic drugs, it facilitates their adjustment to gender neutral future among other reasons.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:54 PM

6,593 posts, read 4,967,606 times
Quote:
7 millions of American kids, mostly boys, are on prescribed psychotropic drugs, it facilitates their adjustment to gender neutral future among other reasons.
I do think we have a over prescription problem, people treat their kids like a car, they want to drop them off at the mechanic when something doesnt feel right. You have to get in there and parent. I dont subscribe to the whole Jordan Peterson deal, but I don't think he is wrong in that you need something, if you transition away from stay at home moms and religion, you need something to fill in those roles and its not the internet, if you are going to turn away from these hierarchies and institutions that provided this structure and set of values, then you need something else to do it, and it should be the parent.

At any rate, I had a step kid who has been with me since he was 4, when he was 4 he was diagnosed with adhd, he was a maniac even for a kid that age, he was not medicated until he was 7, coupled with therapy he is a different kid, he is great, and he has been off his meds since he was 14, he is 15 now. It worked out for him, and i dont think it feminized him.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:38 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,935,165 times
Children-

Let's be consistent and try to avoid blanket statements about the other gender whether male or female.

To be clear, it's the system that I take issue with, and specific women that take advantage of the system in order to harm their own children and/or Dad's of their children, NOT women generally themselves.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:41 PM

8,040 posts, read 3,377,843 times
Quote:
If a rare woman must pay child support, enforcement is laughable or non existent.
I was court ordered to pay child support even though I was living on SSI which was little over $600/month at the time. I was going to be sentenced to six months in jail over $30 in arrears. My mother ran out and got a $30 money order (they wouldn't accept her cash) before court closed for the day so that I wouldn't be jailed. My ex is still nearly $10k in arrears and the government never did a thing to him. He'll never have to pay what he owes.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:39 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,136,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If by privilege you mean equality then yes. So sorry women being equal upsets you. Must be hard.
What?

Old 08-21-2019, 08:17 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,551,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post

It is all nice and good, shouldn't equality era womanhood put some biological predispositions aside and reciprocate with something other than contempt they reward compliant men with? Why an agreeable man should go through this bs to keep his woman from going psychopathic on him? Most men just don't care about playing keep her on her toes game? Where is reciprocity in equal world?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:33 AM

11,410 posts, read 7,740,333 times
Quote:
Women use way more prescribed psychotropic drugs than man do. If you are all so happy about the right to end relationships on a whim, why do you need to amend equality with drugs?
How about some actual data? How many married women take these drugs? How many have never married? How many are divorced? At what age did they begin taking them? How many have children vs those who are childfree? How many have parents and/or siblings on similar drugs? How many have other medical conditions?

If you’re going to insist that there’s a link between the ability to end a marriage and women taking these medications, post some studies that prove it. Without that it’s just another example of correlation does not imply causation (except for those with a confirmation bias).

Old 08-22-2019, 06:46 AM

4,337 posts, read 1,534,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
This is true in every State in the USA:

When parents are unmarried, Mother has custody of any child born out of wedlock. Furthermore, Father has ZERO parenting rights by default. What that means is that Dad is not allowed to see the child at all- not even 15 minutes- if Mom does not allow it. In fact, Dad will be arrested if he tries. The only way Dad can get any parenting rights at all is to file in court, which usually results in some small token amount. Almost never does Dad get custody in this situation.

So you have a situation where one gender is given 100% full rights, and one gender is given 0 rights. Nothing, zip, nada. Imagine if you will a scenario where the script was flipped, and it was decided that moving forward Dad was granted 100% parenting rights (Mom zero) when parents are unmarried. That story would be on the cover of every newspaper, it would be the lead on every news show, and it would be discussed on every radio show. Yet this subject is rarely if ever discussed now.

I believe that this policy rises to the level of a large scale human rights violation (remember, not only are Dads rights being trampled on, but also all children born out of wedlock). It's really not that dissimilar to slavery, or anti semitism, or discrimination against people that are handicapped. Perhaps the best analogy would be many decades ago when women were not allowed to vote. Of course that was wrong, why should one gender be given full rights and the other 0? How is this policy any different then women being prohibited from voting?

By the way, I have never been personally effected by this policy. I do have one child from a previous marriage, but I was married to Mom at the time so this has nothing to do with me being effected personally.
There are countless cases of such discrimination. It is grossly unfair. For example, when you see the term "No Fault Divorce" what it really means is "His Fault Divorce".

Old 08-22-2019, 06:52 AM

11,410 posts, read 7,740,333 times
Quote:
It is all nice and good, shouldn't equality era womanhood put some biological predispositions aside and reciprocate with something other than contempt they reward compliant men with? Why an agreeable man should go through this bs to keep his woman from going psychopathic on him? Most men just don't care about playing keep her on her toes game? Where is reciprocity in equal world?
This is a confusion post. All I can glean from it is:

Agreeable, compliant men get contempt from women. Women force them to put up with BS and play games or they go psychopathic. I blame the gender equality of modern society for breaking the good old social construct of “I’m a nice guy therefore you should be grateful and owe me eternal loyalty”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies