Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 02:25 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The problem with Trump is he is too honest.
He says things that pop into his mind that he should run through a filter first and the media can't tell when he is joking.
I thought it was funny when he suggested to Comey that their private conversation was taped but the Left flipped.

We hired the guy because he was not the typical PC politician/ attorney and now the media and Left is holding it against him out of shear hatred.
He's not joking. He's lying.
But you're right about him saying the first thing that pops into his head. I think the man can't remember what he's said from one minute to the next.

When everything he says is taken as a whole, it all boils down to just one thing? "Look at me. I'm great. I'm perfect." So whenever something he says turns out to be wrong, he turns it around because he's perfect.

And because he's perfect, no one else is. So everyone else must have heard him wrong, or misinterpreted what he said before, is unworthy of criticizing him because they're not perfect. Or whatever. He justifies his perfectness in a thousand ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 02:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Guess we'll find out how full of it Trump is after crying wolf over the 'tapes.'

Bozo just couldn't stop himself from threatening Comey with tapes. Now he will have to confess it was BS or produce tapes in which he will be proven to be a liar. Such a stupid man.

Or he could erase them....wow, is this starting to sound familiar or what?

"..Lawmakers in both parties said Sunday that President Trump will need to hand over any recordings of conversations in the White House if such a taping system does exist..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.9710171a6d2d

Old 05-14-2017, 02:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The problem with Trump is he is too honest.
He says things that pop into his mind that he should run through a filter first and the media can't tell when he is joking.

I thought it was funny when he suggested to Comey that their private conversation was taped but the Left flipped.

We hired the guy because he was not the typical PC politician/ attorney and now the media and Left is holding it against him out of shear hatred.
You are confusing being honest with being unsocialized, immature and primitive. Little children are 'unfiltered' and even some of them learn through socialization to think before they speak. Trump is supposed to be an adult. He acts like a two-year-old and his cult thinks it is being 'honest'?

And "we" didn't hire this guy--25% of the country did.

So you thought it was funny when Trump threatened Comey with tapes of their private conversation--he sure sounded serious, but, hey--I thought it was funny when Obama said 'if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.' Guess Republicans' heads exploded because they didn't know he was 'joking.'

Old 05-14-2017, 02:56 PM

152 posts, read 186,065 times
Trump isn't just ignorant. The man is dangerous. He sows the seeds of doubt in our democracy, he delegitimizes our judicial system and other branches of government, depending on who has most recently disagreed with him, and he lies, bold, outrageous, egregious lies.

Every step he makes widens the division in our country. I don't know if he has an agenda, but he is certainly running in a very destructive direction, and I have little hope that he or his administration has any idea how to rebuild what they are destroying, especially in a way that helps middle America. I promise you, middle and lower income people, you are not going to like what you wind up with. And it may very well be irrecoverable by the time you come to your senses.

Skeptical

Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida
It's interesting that Trump now has just a history of broadly lying - about everything, even inconsequential things - that the media is looking very skeptically at everything he says related to Comey.
Yes and its also interesting how none of his supporters CARE ONE BIT of all his lies!!!

I swear (I have said it before) they are all being severely mind controlled!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies