Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 AM

12 posts, read 15,323 times

Advertisements

Herod was the 'antichrist' or antipater. The father of the Herodian dynasty was Antipater. His name in Greek literally means 'like the father.' The Greek word 'anti' does not have the same meaning as modern English, resulting in many spurious teachings that have caused confusion in the body of Christ. Herod The Great was an Edomite (from Esau, the hated one) and was forbidden by law to be King of the Jews.
However, he was promoted to that position and proclaimed deity. He was a most evil tryant. (recommended reading: History of the Jewish People - The Second Temple Era)

concerning the temple: Haggai:15-19 "Give careful thought to this from this day on---...from this day on, from this 24th day of December, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid....Give careful thought......
1. The house of G d is not made of cedar - man did that. II Sam 7: 5-7
2. The house of G d would come from David's own body. II Sam 7: 11-12
3. Jesus was and is the house of G d. II SAm 7:13; John 2:19-21; Heb 9:11
4. you are G d's temple: Acts 17: 24; 1 Co 3:16; 6:19; 2 Co 6:16

(December 24, Jewish calender; December 25 modern calender, Jesus of Nazareth, the cornerstone of the temple of G d was born).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:06 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
I'm glad somebody else finally mentioned Revelations in the bible. I was going to mention it myself but I was afraid people would think I was a religious nutcase. But yes, Revelations tells of the coming antichrist, who is supposed to arrive 2000 years after Jesus (which is now), and there are quite a few similarities to Obama.
The Anti-Christ will leave our government on January 20. I used to think it was George Bush, but I now think it is Dick Cheney.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:29 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Hey, then shouldn't all good bible-believing Christians vote for "antichrist" Obama? That way, they would prove the bible right and precipitate the "End of Days" that they have been awaiting for so long, and be swept up in the "rapture"!

All good Christians-- vote for Antichrist Obama!

(Sometimes this stuff is just way too easy)

The time has already been determined. Just like the date for the rebirth of Israel in 1948.

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

I found a good site for help with Daniel's 70 weeks. I can't fully endorse it since I haven't read it all, but what I have read seems logical and consistent with the balance of scripture.

THE 70 WEEKS OF DANIEL

Check this one out too. Again the same diclaimer since I haven't studied the entire site. Compare it to scripture and make up your own mind.

http://www.truthnet.org/dan70.html

Last edited by momonkey; 05-28-2009 at 04:38 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Some liberals, especially young ones (like person), have a deep hatred towards Christianity and feel its their duty to make that known in any thread that deals with Christianity.
Well when you constantly put down people of other faiths, then expect the same thing to happen to you. It is really not that hard.

Like this for example:

Dear Friends,

As I was listening to a news program last night, I watched in horror as Barack Obama made the statement with pride...

"We are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, . . ." As with so many other statements I've heard him (and his wife) make, I never thought I'd see

the day that I'd hear something like that from a Presidential candidate in this nation. To think our Forefathers fought and died for the right for our nation to be a Christian nation---and to have this man say withpride that we are no longer that. How far this nation has come from what our Founding Fathers intended it to be.

I hope that each of you will do what I'm doing now---send your concerns, written simply and sincerely, to the Christians on your email list. With GOD's help, and He is still in control of this nation and all else, we can show this man and the world in November that we are, indeed, still a Christian nation!
]Please pray for our nation!

So what if he said "
we are now a nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists." Has it ever occured to you that he is right? There are Jewish, Muslim, Hindus, Non believers, Buddhists people and more here.

The right for this to be a Christian Nation? God, thanks for another laugh tonight.

This is exactly why the GOP lost and will continue to lose. Barack Obama 2012!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:47 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
OMG.. I wanna go be with jesus...... *fart*

ridiculousness...

Old 06-01-2009, 07:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I would like all the people that believe in the prophecy of the end of the world to just give me all their money before it happens. If I am right I become very rich. If I am wrong I become very rich and go to Hell. Most likely neither will happen and things will just keep on with keeping on.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
According to Biblical prophesy, the anti-Christ will come from the area of the world that was once the Roman Empire. Namely, Europe.

So no, Obama is not it. Nor is anyone from this part of the world. Though the anti-Christ will have an appealing personality (at least at first) and be in a position of power. The closest thing so far was Hitler, but the stars were not aligned so to say; there are still several events which must take place first, such as the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would like all the people that believe in the prophecy of the end of the world to just give me all their money before it happens. If I am right I become very rich. If I am wrong I become very rich and go to Hell. Most likely neither will happen and things will just keep on with keeping on.
can I be your bookkeeper

Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
OK, but you buy the computer unless we can get one donated by an endofdayser.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 932 times
I just started following these forums and read through about two pages of this thread and already have a headache. This topic is just retarded. People thinking first off that Obama is the anti-christ is just insane. The world will end because a person of another religion is president OH NO.

Christians are the biggest hypocrites in the world. Here's two model Christian preachers who go around campus to campus "preaching"

Have fun.

Edit:
Spoiler

The Forbidden Fruit

Client: Hey, just one final question before I send the deposit. Do you use a PC or a MAC?
Me: I use a MAC.
Client: That is a problem. Do you have access to a PC? I am not a supporter of Apple products.
Me: No, I don’t have access to a PC, but this will have little to no effect on the work itself.
Client: I am a Christian and Apple products are sinful, I do not want our website to be created by a product made by this corrupt group. You need only look at their logo, an apple with a bite taken from it. Do you not know the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? If I allowed you to create my website on a MAC I would be just like Adam, taking a bite of the forbidden fruit.
[Silence]
“Take my advise, destroy your mac and repent for when judgement day comes. It shall be you who is cast to hell for your sins.”
Me: [Block Contact]

Last edited by bechyni; 06-05-2010 at 07:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies