Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 AM

440 posts, read 329,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
I'm glad somebody else finally mentioned Revelations in the bible. I was going to mention it myself but I was afraid people would think I was a religious nutcase. But yes, Revelations tells of the coming antichrist, who is supposed to arrive 2000 years after Jesus (which is now), and there are quite a few similarities to Obama.
I'm glad you said that! During the first stages of Bush's campaigning, there were many churches (mine included) encouraging their members to vote for Bush simply because he was running on the platform that he was a "conservative Christian". At the same time, we in Illinois were also choosing whether or not to Vote for Obama in the senate race.

My church is a black baptist church. There was a lot of debate as to which of the two candidates we thought was closest to the description (according to the book of Revelations) of the persona and events surrounding the emergence of the antichrist.

Many at the time said it would be proven to be Obama. Obama's ligtening speed and phenomenal rise in popularity worldwide and in the political arena has me rethinking my choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
That's funny, I've been thinking for the past eight years that we already HAVE the anti-christ in office! Fortunately though, goodness always prevails and we will be rid of him shortly. The great "Decider" has been the great "Deceiver". I could easily picture a red faced McCain with a set of horns sprouted on his head though. Ah OH!
I thought so too, but some theologians speak of more than one anti-CHRIST, and many shall follow the one. I too thought BUSH was one, because of his initial devine appointment to office, which had nothing to do with the people appointing him-in my opinion and beliefs. It was quite eerie to see a man take office who was appointed through means of a different entity. He may be the first one in the USA, but I believe many have come before him-I dare not mention names, but I am certain you can think of many. Do they become more deceiving in their appearances to fool us? Possibly!!

When studying the book of Revelation, it is good to have some other resources to assist with translation if this is where you plan to get your information. First book I read from the bible!! Not religious, but very spiritual and believe in most things that are presented, not all-but most. We are not to seek men for our understanding but to study for thyself and in all your understanding he will provide the knowledge and the wisdom that you need.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Many at the time said it would be proven to be Obama. Obama's ligtening speed and phenomenal rise in popularity worldwide and in the political arena has me rethinking my choice.
Hey, then shouldn't all good bible-believing Christians vote for "antichrist" Obama? That way, they would prove the bible right and precipitate the "End of Days" that they have been awaiting for so long, and be swept up in the "rapture"!

All good Christians-- vote for Antichrist Obama!

(Sometimes this stuff is just way too easy)

Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM

440 posts, read 329,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Hey, then shouldn't all good bible-believing Christians vote for "antichrist" Obama? That way, they would prove the bible right and precipitate the "End of Days" that they have been awaiting for so long, and be swept up in the "rapture"!

All good Christians-- vote for Antichrist Obama!

(Sometimes this stuff is just way too easy)
Sarcasm aside, it was a group discussion not some fanatical debate as to whether or not it should become an item on a hurry up so the world can end wish list.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:34 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,398,755 times
Many of the discussions ask what the the founding fathers were thinking and some are sure that Moses or someone handed the tablets of truth to "their side". I recommend a book by Harvey Kaye "Thomas Paine and the Promise of America". Interesting to hark back and realize that politics and religion will allways intertwine our passions. The many point I take away is that seperation of church and state is an issue to be set aside at our perile. Intolerance and rigid precepts breed the seeds of revolution. "Good" and "truth" don't have a "side". Can any president do much more than inspire? The bogus "3'o'clock" commercial deserved to backfire. Too bad we're down in the trenches and very little issue discussion.

Last edited by wordsmith680; 03-09-2008 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: grammer

Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
The anti-christ is not going to come off as an evil figure. In fact its the very opposite. The anti-christ decieves the world because he will come off as being a christian. Thats why many have said maybe the pope is the anti-christ or maybe a world leader such as a US president who would be highly respected in the world. If you read revelations it also talks about "Mystery Babylon" which is considered a wicked nation in the end times. God's wrath fall supon Mystery Babylon. Ironically the description of Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation sounds alot like the United States. Our goverenment system and our statue of liberty is based off of ancient babylon. The roots of lady liberty goes back to the Babylonian godess of Ishtar. Ancient Babylon was all about "personal freedom".

Old 03-09-2008, 02:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The anti-christ is not going to come off as an evil figure. In fact its the very opposite. The anti-christ decieves the world because he will come off as being a christian. Thats why many have said maybe the pope is the anti-christ or maybe a world leader such as a US president who would be highly respected in the world. If you read revelations it also talks about "Mystery Babylon" which is considered a wicked nation in the end times. God's wrath fall supon Mystery Babylon. Ironically the description of Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation sounds alot like the United States. Our goverenment system and our statue of liberty is based off of ancient babylon. The roots of lady liberty goes back to the Babylonian godess of Ishtar. Ancient Babylon was all about "personal freedom".

Where in the bible does it say the anti- christ will come of as christian? I want a quote.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:55 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Default how many antichrists are there???

I remember in the early 80's, Ronald Reagan "was" the anti-christ. If you observe the name, Ronald Wilson Reagan = 666, and he "miraculously" survived an assassination attempt!

Every time a new president comes along, someone, somewhere really, really, really hates him, and, Voila! he is the "new & improved" anti-christ.

C'mon people!!! C'mon!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 PM

266 posts, read 911,561 times
Jesus warned people not to focus on the end times and not to speculate on when or how it's going to happen. It only gives rise to a lot of wacko theories. He told people to focus on living out their Christian faith to the best of their abilities. I certainly don't think that Christian living includes accusing Bush, Obama or the pope of being the anti-christ.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM

154 posts, read 605,817 times
Well wouldn't you guys want this? It would mean Jesus is coming back for you, right? Don't you want to go be with Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies