Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 08:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yeah... between my fat fingers, dubious spelling skills, and unwillingness to treat posts on an Internet forum as if they are equivalent to formal writing I do make some humdinger spelling and/or grammar errors.

But, in case my horrendous spelling totally confused anyone, or perhaps I was using an erroneous term to begin with, our laws are supposed to prevent government officials from taping or listening to the private phone conversions without a warrant. That warrant can not be based on false information or an excuse for a fishing expedition. Generally there are supposed to be protections for non-targeted individuals, to do otherwise reeks of unlawful intrusion into what should be considered their private affairs.

IF the Obama White House had Trump, at the time a private citizen running for a political office representing the opposing party, wire tapped that is very concerning. Wire tapping means a person not involved in the conversation is listening to the conversation and/or recording it. The people having the conversation are unaware another party is privy to their conversation. I am going to assume they did not send Trump notice that they might be listening in on his private phone calls.

In Washington DC if people are having a conversation one of the participants is allowed to tape the conversation, whether the others involved are aware of it or not. Under DC law you are not allowed to record a conversation you are not involved in without either their permission or a warrant. Whether the person recording the conversation is a private citizen or a government official is immaterial, just as long as they are a participant. Doesn't mean the recording will be able to be admitted as evidence in a court of law but they are allowed to record without it being considered an invasion of privacy. James Comey, of all people, should be aware of those laws.
I think Mr. Comey's response, indicating that he does hope there are recordings, means Trump is (as usual) attempting to discredit someone.

That he did it in a threatening manner over Twitter, implying that a taped conversation with Comey would implicate Comey, as then Director of the FBI, in some sort of wrongdoing is just about the most unpatriotic thing I've ever seen a sitting president do.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:15 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Game, set and match. Oldhag1 has it all in one paragraph.

The only thing I don't understand is the alt-left crying thing, and the micro-aggressions.

What part of, "You lost the election" do they not comprehend?
Geez, what part of "you lost the election" has anything to do with the topic thread. You guys need new material!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 08:17 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
Trump and Republican congressmen were enraged over their yet to be proven claim that President Obama wiretapped Trump and his associates. Now, Trump claims there may be taped conversations of his talks with fired FBI director Comey. Republican talking heads on TV are now saying taping conversations is a good thing (see Pat Buchanan).

Hypocrites?
How about you SPOT twisting the facts and making claims that are NOT true?

Old 05-14-2017, 08:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think Mr. Comey's response, indicating that he does hope there are recordings, means Trump is (as usual) attempting to discredit someone.

That he did it in a threatening manner over Twitter, implying that a taped conversation with Comey would implicate Comey, as then Director of the FBI, in some sort of wrongdoing is just about the most unpatriotic thing I've ever seen a sitting president do.
You have been officially trolled again by Donald J. Trump! And you cannot even see it.

It was a jab at Comey and the Virtue Checking Smowflakes, for being able to record in secret, everything "Donald" & his close circles.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:23 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Obama's wiretapping was much worse than anything Trump did.
Your proof that Obama wiretapped Trump is ??? I thought so.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:30 AM

727 posts, read 390,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Geez, what part of "you lost the election" has anything to do with the topic thread. You guys need new material!
Where's Kellyanne when they need her?

"President Trump a hypocrite? What about Judas? He was a traitor. Any American that criticizes President Trump is a traitor, too.

President Trump has rebuilt this country from the failed Obama years. The middle class is now thriving. President Trump has brought back all the jobs lost to globalization and technology. America's infrastructure is rock solid. Coal is making a comeback. Rivers and streams flow with crystal clear waters. We've been to Mars and back. America is respected around the world once again, after Obama destroyed everything.

"So what are you talking about? President Trump is God's gift to the world."

Thank you, Kellyanne!

Now all you Trump doubters can doubt no more.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The NSA is being used to gather dirt. It is being used to search for crime. Low level guys, peeons and commoners, are being thrown in jail over private conversations, texts and e-mails. The high profile guys are being blackmailed to do as the higherpower says.
The NSA is gathering dirt on citizens... Nothing else.

It is no longer that you are suspected of wrong doing and go look..... Now, they go look to see what you are doing to see if it is wrong.
The new LIBERTY. I call it oppression and tyranny.

Tell me it wasn't used to gather dirt on every politician, Judge or high profile person, that spokeout against Obama and I will call you a liar or really ignorant, after all we know now.
And J. Edgar never did any of that while wearing a tou-tu and black nylons.

Nothing new here, move along. Just another faux outrage display.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:42 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Could very well be, but that doesn't change the fact that the alledged wiretapping of Candidate Trump by President Obama (or his minions) is not equivalent to Trump alledgedly taping his own conversation. It is not hypocritical to say an incident involving wiretapping is wrong and an incident involving taping of a conversation is not.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:51 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Love seeing Trump troll the press and the left like this!

Old 05-14-2017, 10:04 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Democrats and Liberals demanded Comey be fired after the election and now they are pretending like he was the best thing since sliced bread after Trump fired him.

Hypocrites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies