Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 11:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Would you date someone from your opposite political party?

Only if they understand that both parties are different sides of the same corrupt coin and are both full of crap.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:25 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I can't imagine dating someone whose views are so diametrically opposed to my own. I'd have very little respect for someone who would not only vote for Trump, but then continue to excuse what he has done since he took office. So, no. It wouldn't work for me at all.
You must have a very clean mind. Your brainwashing worked well!

Too bad you can't wash away the delusions.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:28 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Keep politics out of it.

Insist that the phrase "single payer" be restricted to picking up the dinner tab.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
But I'm not 100% for either side. I'm support more liberals these days because I cannot support conservatives on social issues, and people > money even if that means I pay a little more in taxes (within reason, we have a social responsibility to our countrymen to a degree). On the other side, I'm a capitalist and always will be.
In a way I'm a bit like you except leaning the other way a bit. I totally reject the entirety of the beliefs of religious right. I see absolutely NO relevance of religion in the context of government, excepting the concept of discrimination based upon religion is just plain wrong, just as wrong as the concept of discrimination of GLBT etc. All of this marks me as somewhat of a social liberal. I measure people by what they do, not by what they are.

My biggest political concerns are in the area of fiscal policy and in terms of the lack of federal respect of states right, shoving federal government down the throats of the individual states.

We rely on the government to protect citizens from many things, and our economy is one of the most important items on my list! My God! The national debt is now about $20 trillion! That really tightens my bum, worrying about the time may come to pay the piper.

I wish people would quit identifying with partisan politics and instead revert to issue based politics. We will never get anywhere when it's always R vs D and D vs R. We need the moderates! We need the compromises! We don't need party agenda!

Old 05-14-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
debate about politics can be fun, but if he needs to take medication afterward, nah, not for me. Also, don't take things so personally, some people cannot be able to do it.
The way this debate is going, and the rate it's going, I think I'll finish up my late afternoon revisiting this topic—with a nice vodka Martini to soften up the harsh lines of the battle!

Old 05-14-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Keep politics out of it.

Insist that the phrase "single payer" be restricted to picking up the dinner tab.

That's funny! Often my dates end up as they say, "Dutch."

Feminine equality implies feminine responsibility too. The actual concept is that any gender inequality is unacceptable.

Oddly, I always open doors for women! Also handicaps, and upon rare occasion even for men.

(LH is a man.)

Last edited by Lovehound; 05-14-2017 at 12:30 PM..

Old 05-14-2017, 12:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
If you have an "opposite" party, you don't think hard enough about politics.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:39 PM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
In a way I'm a bit like you except leaning the other way a bit. I totally reject the entirety of the beliefs of religious right. I see absolutely NO relevance of religion in the context of government, excepting the concept of discrimination based upon religion is just plain wrong, just as wrong as the concept of discrimination of GLBT etc. All of this marks me as somewhat of a social liberal. I measure people by what they do, not by what they are.

My biggest political concerns are in the area of fiscal policy and in terms of the lack of federal respect of states right, shoving federal government down the throats of the individual states.

We rely on the government to protect citizens from many things, and our economy is one of the most important items on my list! My God! The national debt is now about $20 trillion! That really tightens my bum, worrying about the time may come to pay the piper.

I wish people would quit identifying with partisan politics and instead revert to issue based politics. We will never get anywhere when it's always R vs D and D vs R. We need the moderates! We need the compromises! We don't need party agenda!
Parties should be eliminated. Make people actually review the platforms before voting.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:43 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
My fiance is Center-Left while I am a liberal. We generally don't talk politics, but we both hate His Orangeness

Old 05-14-2017, 12:51 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Sure, but I've found that most liberal women are sorely lacking in the sack. Plus I appreciate women who take care of themselves, which includes shaving your pits and bush, so that excludes a large percentage of liberal women.
Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies