Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 06:45 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Go to a range and watch. The CCW holders are by far the better shots. Many cops only shoot once a year to qualify. Many CCW holders shoot every weekend.
You can't judge all CCW holders by the ones who go to shooting ranges for craps sake, you aren't even looking at a fraction of them at the range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Getting a ccw is California is a joke. It is overly burdensome by any objective standard. All you have to do is look at all the states that are shall issue or constitutional carry and see that people who have CCW are the safest, most responsible and most law abiding members of society and statistics back this up.
Burdensome? That's hilarious, you barely have to have a pulse to get one.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
We defend the president, congressmen, governors, celebrities, jewelry stores, banks, courts, office buildings, sporting events, any many other places....with GUNS
But we defend our children with a sign that says "This is a gun free zone" and then call 911 to send people with Guns. That's a ludicrous position you're taking, no?
"we" who the heck are you talking about? I have never heard of a CCW holder defending the president but that's an interesting proposition, why doesn't the President's staff just go to the local range and pick some 'good shots' with CCWs to protect him? I'm sure they would work for less than a Secret Service agent?

I said earlier that I don't have an issue with people getting CCW's, I don't care one way or the other. But I think that in order to carry a gun in a school with children present there should be a much higher standard of training required. It's not just about hitting the target, it's also about knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot, and if you think CCW holders become experts on that subject in their training which is "not to exceed 16 hours" then you and I will just have to agree to disagree.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:19 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Burdensome? That's hilarious, you barely have to have a pulse to get one.
You are really out of touch with the process.

You have to pass a burdensome background check process including fingerprint, interviews with references, etc. You have to take training and pass a live fire test, many counties have a psychological evaluation. All of this at your own cost, often times costing over 1k and taking 6+ months with no guarantee you will actually be given the privilege to protect yourself. If you consider this "barely have a pulse" I would love your take on showing ID to vote.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:22 PM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times
Quote:
You can't judge all CCW holders by the ones who go to shooting ranges for craps sake, you aren't even looking at a fraction of them at the range.
I see all the local cops and most barely qualify.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:23 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,797,822 times
Quote:
"we" who the heck are you talking about? I have never heard of a CCW holder defending the president but that's an interesting proposition, why doesn't the President's staff just go to the local range and pick some 'good shots' with CCWs to protect him? I'm sure they would work for less than a Secret Service agent?

I said earlier that I don't have an issue with people getting CCW's, I don't care one way or the other. But I think that in order to carry a gun in a school with children present there should be a much higher standard of training required. It's not just about hitting the target, it's also about knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot, and if you think CCW holders become experts on that subject in their training which is "not to exceed 16 hours" then you and I will just have to agree to disagree.
Why did anti gun Diane finestein need to get the only ccw permit issued in SF county then?

Knowing when to shoot and not shoot is common sense. Plus shooting at the person shooting at the kids will lead to better outcomes than just the person shooting at the kids having free reign to do whatever they want.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:50 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,103,716 times
Quote:

We as in society

Then have a 160 hour initial training and 80 hour yearly recert. These are not hard and fast rules

Old 05-24-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I see all the local cops and most barely qualify.
Don't know where you live but around here cops shoot very well and train quarterly and more on their own time

Old 05-24-2017, 08:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
What would you expect from CA? Just two months ago they put together a bill stating it would no longer be a felony for someone with HIV/AIDS to knowingly expose other people through unprotected sex - because it places a stigma on those infected with the virus.

To hell with the person they've infected - it's always about protecting and coddling criminals.

I don't know who is worse - these sick $&(#'s or the sickos who keep voting them into office.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What would you expect from CA? Just two months ago they put together a bill stating it would no longer be a felony for someone with HIV/AIDS to knowingly expose other people through unprotected sex - because it places a stigma on those infected with the virus.

To hell with the person they've infected - it's always about protecting and coddling criminals.

I don't know who is worse - these sick $&(#'s or the sickos who keep voting them into office.
They really have become the land of the mentally insane. I can't believe that about the HIV transmission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies