Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:04 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So exactly how many gun free zones stopped criminals and the deranged from killing?

I think that count is still a big fat 0.

If a teacher wants to carry, and can, they should be rewarded for they bring not only education but protection. I'm sure parents of the Sandy hook and columbine kids wouldn't be opposed to their kids teachers and school staff being armed and carrying concealed.

I can comfortably carry 3 pistols on me with spare mags, nobody would know I would unless I showed them where. And I don't carry tiny barrel useless belly blasters either.
Full size only. None of that 3 inch 2 inch barrel single stack, might be lucky to hit the paper at 20 feet...

Funny, we aren't opposed to bank trucks and banks to be protected by armed individuals... but not your children...

See how many schools shootings occur with someone who trains IDPA and does 3 gun drills is present and carrying. Bet that BS would never occur again.
How many teachers carrying guns have been successful at defeating assailants, close to none. Most schools already have security with trained professionals, I think this same issue came up a few years ago. Some states provided free training for teachers that wished to carry, I don't think many took them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 07:23 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many teachers carrying guns have been successful at defeating assailants, close to none. Most schools already have security with trained professionals, I think this same issue came up a few years ago. Some states provided free training for teachers that wished to carry, I don't think many took them up.
Around here, schools don't have any security. No guards, no metal detectors, nothing.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:25 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Hope this type of communism stay in the land of the stupid(California).

Old 05-21-2017, 11:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Dem. Assemblyman Pushes Bill to Guarantee Teachers Cannot Shoot Back if Attackers Strike - Breitbart

Some of these democrats have about as much intelligence and critical thinking skills as a potato does

That isn't even a 10th amendment issue. Government has no authority to limit small arms. Who keeps them, nor where we can bear them.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:33 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Dem. Assemblyman Pushes Bill to Guarantee Teachers Cannot Shoot Back if Attackers Strike - Breitbart

Some of these democrats have about as much intelligence and critical thinking skills as a potato does
California does not have a clue and their State Government is putting out Kids at risk. The mere ideal of a teacher or a on duty Police Office with aside arm will deter any violence against our teachers and Kids.

It time for California to take back their state from these Liberals Idiots.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:43 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Teachers are there to teach...not be armed. My daughter teaches kindergarten. There is no way she would want to carry a gun.
Be sure and tell her to crawl under a desk if an event happens. Then she will be safe.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:54 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Let me ask you this. When I was growing up there was very little gun violence and it was never in schools. What do you think has changed for this growing gun violence.
People are ****** off. Mental illness. Corrupt government. Evil. Diminished family values

Old 05-21-2017, 04:05 PM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Around here, schools don't have any security. No guards, no metal detectors, nothing.
Student violence, drugs getting into schools are a large issue, guns do not belong inside classrooms. The chances of an incident and the odds that a teacher or someone else can make a difference is remote to say the least.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Student violence, drugs getting into schools are a large issue, guns do not belong inside classrooms. The chances of an incident and the odds that a teacher or someone else can make a difference is remote to say the least.

We kept our shotguns, fully loaded in our lockers in school. So we could go bird hunting after school, with Coach Henry.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:05 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
The chance of your house burning down is remote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies