Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 10:14 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,517,756 times

Advertisements

This lefty is enjoying the Trump circus. It's much more fun than I imagined it could ever be. Entertainment 24x7 watching Trump implode and bring the Republicans in congress with him. At some point the Republicans in congress will realize that the country is most important and they will realize they will go down with Trump if they stick with him.

The end result will be that the Republicans in congress will be forced to distance themselves from Trump, for the good of the country and for the good of their party. Right now they are putting party before nation because they want to stay loyal to an R president. One by one they will start peeling away from crazy Trump. Some already have done this and more are hinting at it.

In the mean time, Trump has created a new grass roots movement that is bigger than anything seen in the US since the Nixon era. And it's an anti-Trump agenda movement and it's huge and it's not only Democrats in this resistance movement.

We aren't sad, our heads aren't exploding, and we are strong and steady.

Late night hosts and comics are making a killing on Trump and they don't even have to write the material any more. After all, Trump is an entertainer. Entertainment it is.

Last edited by sware2cod; 05-14-2017 at 10:24 AM..

Old 05-14-2017, 10:15 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,857,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My primary concern is that President do his job which he gets "A" marks so far:
- Illegal immigration down 70
- Trump bump market jump
- Best Supreme Court Justice in years
- Highest consumer confidence in 17 years
- Lowest number of people on unemployment in 37 years
- Working to fix the Obamacare disaster
- Working to make us safer
- Reducing regulations

But he has gone the extra mile by causing liberals/media head exploding several times a day....therefore, his overall grade is A+.

What say you?
We actually have the best comedy in years as the result of Trump and his administration.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:16 AM

34,090 posts, read 17,152,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
although i'm not a "trumpster," yes, it is quite comical.

And let me tell you why i find it comical. It's not because i like to see others enraged or in misery. It's because the libs have been so smug and sanctimonious for the past eight years, essentially giving the middle finger to anyone who disliked or even questioned the administration of the time--often calling them racists, xenophobes, etc. Well, now things have reversed--180 degree change. And they can't take it. They told us to suck it up and live with it... Yet they are unable to practice what they preach.

I'm only talking about the hysterical ones who have patently identified themselves as confirmed hypocrites via their behavior.
bingo

Old 05-14-2017, 10:26 AM
JRR

8,177 posts, read 5,683,962 times
Interesting that the more this administration comes unraveled, the more certain people have to keep working real hard at convincing themselves and others that everything is fine and going according to plan

Old 05-14-2017, 10:33 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,590,252 times
The title of the thread " If Liberals Hate Him, Then Trump Must be Doing Something Right" is disturbing.

As a non-American looking from the outside in, it sounds dysfunctional. Believing that you have to make half your population HATE your president to move your country forward, is bizarre.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:34 AM

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Interesting that the more this administration comes unraveled, the more certain people have to keep working real hard at convincing themselves and others that everything is fine and going according to plan
I never did think that it would go according to plan. The Washington elite will not allow an outsider to be president for very long. But the fact that enough people voted for an outsider gives me hope that the entire population is not in the back pocket of the Federal Empire. I think that surprised the hell out of the Empire as well. Darth Vader lost. And although the alternative is somewhat of a clown, perhaps a Luke Skywalker will come along next time and overthrow The Empire and Death Star DC again. (hopefully Luke--or Lucinda--will be a Libertarian )

Old 05-14-2017, 10:35 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
If Liberals Hate Him, Then Trump Must be Doing Something Right

If you think acting like a jackass is "doing something right", I agree.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:42 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,010,369 times
It's been pretty funny.

At any time you can google the word Trump and hit the news button only to see pages upon pages of negative press about the guy, yet half the country pays no attention anymore. It reminds me of when a baby starts crying in a restaurant and half the room looks over to see what is wrong, but all the people with kids don't even notice it and just sorrta hit the ignore button as they go about their business.

The media in this country is worthless at this point. All that matters are the numbers, and Trump is doing great if said numbers are the metric.

I'm sure some twit will try to equate his numbers to approval ratings or some other subjective meaningless number, but said numbers mean zero/zip. I'm talking about actual performance numbers.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:44 AM

29,855 posts, read 24,964,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The title of the thread " If Liberals Hate Him, Then Trump Must be Doing Something Right" is disturbing.

As a non-American looking from the outside in, it sounds dysfunctional. Believing that you have to make half your population HATE your president to move your country forward, is bizarre.
You don't have to make liberals hate something. They are full of hate, which is why they have such a difficult time containing it. Their hate for Trump is out of this world, and a symptom of their unhinged state of mind.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:44 AM

30,317 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Although I'm not a "Trumpster," yes, it is quite comical.

And let me tell you why I find it comical. It's not because I like to see others enraged or in misery. It's because the libs have been so smug and sanctimonious for the past eight years, essentially giving the middle finger to anyone who disliked or even questioned the administration of the time--often calling them racists, xenophobes, etc. Well, now things have reversed--180 degree change. And they can't take it. They told us to suck it up and live with it... yet they are unable to practice what they preach.

THAT is what makes it so entertaining, not to mention they are flying their true colors for all the world to see. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about every liberal. I'm only talking about the hysterical ones who have patently identified themselves as confirmed hypocrites via their behavior.
This is why I'm enjoying it, especially as their arrogance continues.

Having said that, I don't like how divided this country is. Despite what libs think, draining the swamp, as Trump calls it, really is necessary for this country. Don't really care if people don't like Trump, there was a time when many on the left would have been ecstatic to see someone 'drain the swamp'. Unfortunately, they seem to have forgotten what "liberal" means.

Many who call themselves "liberal" are actually "progressive"...and I think the biggest mistake was not asking them what they meant by "progress" because it clearly does not mean "progress for America".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies