Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's hilarious considering the only people from Goldman Sachs that Donald Trump has NOT hired are Goldman and Sachs.

His entire cabinet is wall street. Do you pay attention to what is actually happening?
I do, and I know BOTH parties curry Wall St's favor, but HRC and BO set all time records for their donations. Records for either party. They also favor the Carried Interest Wall St 15% tax rate that Mittens enjoys. DJT wants it abolished, with said income taxed at normal rates which would be much higher.

As the party of Truman, the Dems would have fared well in 2016. Instead, they were squashed like bugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 09:39 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That party was sane, but it is dead. Dems are in bed with Wall St, with Schumer being Wall St's #1 puppet, but the entire DNC on board.
Thirty or forty years ago we would have heard constant complaints from the Democrats about how we were neglecting our Nation's homeless. Now there is not a minuet that goes by that we do not hear (either from the politicians or the media tools of the Democratic Party) about the poor illegal immigrants that simply come to our Country seeking a better life. They found out that the homeless have no money. They found out that the rich, that use cheap foreign labor and illegal immigrants, have plenty of money. They are phonies; they do not care and it's all about money.

They talk about Russia influencing the election; but everybody tries to influence our election. Did the Russians spend a billion dollars trying to get Trump elected? I am still waiting for the facts that will never come to light. We know that it was standard practice to pressure governments in the Middle East for money. All corporations, from all over the globe, make political donations so that their chosen candidate will make policies that favor their position. I don't see any of them saying: No more foreign donors. Why not push to take money out of politics altogether? They don't want that; isn't Congress nothing more than a millionaire's club!

Old 05-27-2017, 01:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I do, and I know BOTH parties curry Wall St's favor, but HRC and BO set all time records for their donations. Records for either party. They also favor the Carried Interest Wall St 15% tax rate that Mittens enjoys. DJT wants it abolished, with said income taxed at normal rates which would be much higher.

As the party of Truman, the Dems would have fared well in 2016. Instead, they were squashed like bugs.
Trump wants to lower taxes for the wealthy, bigly, and his entire cabinet is comprised of former Goldman-Sachs employees.

ANYTHING he does will benefit Wall Street before it benefits 'the little guy'.

Good job deflecting to Hillary and Obama tho.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:21 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump wants to lower taxes for the wealthy, bigly, and his entire cabinet is comprised of former Goldman-Sachs employees.

ANYTHING he does will benefit Wall Street before it benefits 'the little guy'.

Good job deflecting to Hillary and Obama tho.
You would not be fighting for the rights of everybody in the world, except the middle class and poor in the US; if you cared at all about 'the little guy'. 'The little guy' to you is a global term and has nothing to do with little guys in the US. You talk about raising the minimum wage; but you want the competition to squeeze out our little guys. Your leaders slum around with all of the other billionaires including the Wall Street giants and tech giants that want cheap labor. To you 'little guys' are simply more deporables!

Old 05-27-2017, 02:03 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
That's an interesting question OP.

IMO Trump didn't create new Republican voters, he created unique Trump voters who happened to vote Republican because of Trump. Which presents certain benefits and dangers to Trump. It benefits him because his supporters are much more lenient and tolerant of his tweets and his occasionally seeming odd behavior. Many of his have read his books and understand Trump uses sleight of hand and misdirection to accomplish his goals. The danger is people aren't voting for a party and the protection of it's ideology and if he can't accomplish his goals he'll be out in 2020.

That's why Democrats keep ginning up the Russian fairy tale.
I think your correct.

The opposition to Trump is from the elite Democrat AND Republican establishment.

This time it is not about political parties,but really social class. It will be interesting if "Trump" supporters run for Congress in 2018. That might make for a interesting set of primaries for both parties.

Sanders and Trump are peas in a pod......So are Obama, Clinton, and Jeb Bush in the other pod.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:21 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You would not be fighting for the rights of everybody in the world, except the middle class and poor in the US; if you cared at all about 'the little guy'. 'The little guy' to you is a global term and has nothing to do with little guys in the US. You talk about raising the minimum wage; but you want the competition to squeeze out our little guys. Your leaders slum around with all of the other billionaires including the Wall Street giants and tech giants that want cheap labor. To you 'little guys' are simply more deporables!
Bingo. Dems picked Wall St, who have helped destroy Main St. They made their bed. There is no going back.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:32 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The fastest growing Political Party is NO Party Affiliation. Maybe Trump is creating more Independents?
The Democrats are creating more Independents. I use to be a Democrat but change party affiliation last year for obvious reasons.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:38 PM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
...I think this is extremely good news for the GOP because in 4 years many of those voters will be more comfortable with Trump and vote for him. At the same time the new Republicans will vote for Republicans in othe races as Trump and the GOP's platform melt together...
So your theory that, "in 4 years many of those voters will be more comfortable with Trump", is based on what exactly? Your belief that he's going to stop making an ass out of himself, or do you actually believe he's made America greater since he took office?!?

The vast majority of moderates and independents who took a chance and voted for Trump are horrified at the spectacle unfolding before their eyes. But not to worry, it's only our free press, you know, 'the enemy of the people', who're telling you this. I'm sure everything's going swimmingly for the Republicans...

Old 05-31-2017, 02:49 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Default I was going to save this for June but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
I developed a theory based on the election results in Florida. If you in the link below Trump won Florida by about 1.2%. If you click on the Senate link on top of that page you will see that Rubio won the state by about 7%. It looks like a lot of people voted Republican for The House and the Senate in Florida but let the President block blank. Voter Turnout was excellent in Florida in 2016. Way up from the 2012 numbers. Rubio was one of the few Senators who was able to walk the line of endorsing Trump while not alienating traditional Republicans. I think that Rubio got both the new Trumplicans and the traditional Republicans

In Pennsylvania I met a lot of people who said they never voted before, haven't voted in a very long time or used or vote Democrat but were now voting for Trump. A lot of those people (I would say about 10%) told me that they wouldn't vote for Toomey because he wouldn't support Trump. Toomey won the state by about 100K votes and President Trump won it by about 44K.

My theory is that Trump created a lot of New Republicans. It also had the effect of making a lot of Republicans leave the President Box blank this year. I think this is extremely good news for the GOP because in 4 years many of those voters will be more comfortable with Trump and vote for him. At the same time the new Republicans will vote for Republicans in othe races as Trump and the GOP's platform melt together.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida
It is going to be incredible and spectacular. If I was one of his true believers, I would be expecting the good jobs to be rolling in by now. Have you been looking at the other threads. The one posted by mightleavenyc was running about five to one against Trump.

If by some act of God good jobs come back soon you will have your new Republicans but until then you just have some new charlatan from the golden buckle of the bible belt.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:54 PM

30 posts, read 24,208 times
I voted straight demo all my life but I jumped ship and voted for Trump. The democratic party has gone too far to the left. Trump is not a republican, he is a populist. I like his style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies