Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. It is absolutely disagreeing. That's it.

They didn't agree with his politics.

Why does the audience matter? These shows get recorded. People can see a show no matter where they live, if they have access to a television or the internet.

Why did it matter to anyone that they disagreed with Bush Jr?

Did that change their music somehow?

What if your barista didn't like the same political party as yours? What about your barber?

Does it matter? Nope.

It really does not.

I'm not going to go out and choose a new landscaper if I see his MAGA hat and bumper stickers that say "Lock her Up," but if he tells me he voted Trump and he's otherwise a pleasant human with good prices and reviews, I would hire him if he was the best choice.
Back on topic, It matters to Todd. Give Todd rungren your advise. Seems he is the one dissing people because of their politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 04:43 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So what? They're people. You, I & basically everyone talks politics at some point. Should I tell you to shut up about it?
I simply stated my observation but I also notice when the liberal view is promoted then as you state "everyone talks politics at some point" and its ok.

Of course if that public figure should be speaking in support of the current POTUS then all hell breaks loose. Acts such as burning a person in effigy, public riots and a general uprising over what a speaker on the news describes as "not acceptable to them" is acceptable.... yeah right

Old 05-15-2017, 04:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Todd who???? Has been at best, Does anyone care that his feelings are hurt by Trump or anyone else?

Old 05-15-2017, 05:07 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,010,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
How do you live in the world and not know who Todd Rundgren is? Even if you don't care for his music, you've still never heard the guy's name?
I can understand it. Unless one was in their teens or 20's in the early to mid 1970's, why would they have heard of him? Not like he's Elvis or The Beatles.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Nobody cares about Todd Rundgren any more.

If you asked the next 50,000 people you encountered on the street, "Hey...are you going to see Todd Rundgren?", the most common answer would be "Who?" The second most common answer would be, "What for? He's been sucking out loud for about 40 years."

That poor b*stard reached his own professional zenith decades ago. He's been caught up in his own self-created vortex of suckitude since about 1982. Nobody cared what he thought even back when people had some notion of who he was; now that his few remaining devotees reside either in the cemetery or the nursing home, he and his opinions are even less relevant today, to the extent that may even be possible.
I wouldn't go as far to say they're all in the cemetery or nursing home. I was 20 at his peak of popularity, and I'm only 64. Don't think many folks over 30 were into his music at the time. As I recall, his main fanbase was college girls.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Two colleges are giving him honorary doctorates this year.

He's a producer, plays multiple instruments, and he's worked with many notable artists... and still does.

I guess if one's musical tastes don't extent beyond pop radio or the latest Toby Keith album, one might not know this.
Regardless of his talents and behind the scenes contributions, he's mostly known for having a couple of hit songs that were repeatedly played on....pop radio. The guy's a slight step above a one hit wonder, nothing more. Many people toil behind the scenes with little notoriety, so I don't know if that portion of his career enables him to be a household name. I really wouldn't imply that someone is unenlightened because they've never heard of him.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:52 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times
That quote, in the OP. What rambling bunch of nonsense.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I've seen Todd Rundgren twice in the last 10 years. Loved it.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prOY...RXAMY7iq5CffQu

Live from Daryl's House was such a great series

Old 05-15-2017, 06:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Back on topic, It matters to Todd. Give Todd rungren your advise. Seems he is the one dissing people because of their politics.
He stated that he didn't want Trump supporters at his shows. Now, you know full well you can go see him as a Trump supporter, but he might call you out if you walk in wearing a 45 hat.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies