Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
LMAO. I prefer Fife.

And $50 ain't what it used to be. Those kids in L.A. can't even get a hooker on Hollywood Blvd for that nowadays.

Not that I would know!

And yet the pols in LA are saying putting $50 into the account of every child in kindergarten will increase their odds of going to college. Financial growth through osmosis.

You were in LA? What have you done with Shabazz?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yes, job! We should be entitled to well paying jobs!
You are entitled to nothing. You have the right to evolve toward gaining a GOOD job for a GOOD wage when you have been trained, mentored, educated to do so - not just because you FEEL you deserve it.

I'm sorry, but good paying jobs are reserved for those with skills.

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be a stepping stone for young people to climb the ladder to better paying jobs; minimum wage jobs are not meant to be a career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
The system is all on its head. Too many non-contributors voting for politicians to force the contributors to give them more free $h!t. I would be fine with disallowing non-contributors the vote.
Most of those non-contributors are exactly like the wackamoles in here who deflect, derail, and believe their brand of crazy is changing minds. Some are paid trolls, others are simply sheep imitating parrots.

I have no problem with citizens, no matter how spun, voting. If we take away their right to vote based on their flavor of crazy... then we risk allowing common sense to become the new crazy and our rights suppressed. Right? THAT is a slippery slope none of us should traverse.

What we cannot accept is these wackamoles wanting non-citizens to vote, which they root for openly these days. IF the Dems lose the illegal vote, they will be in even more trouble down the road.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-16-2017 at 02:21 AM..

Old 05-16-2017, 08:44 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Most of those non-contributors are exactly like the wackamoles in here who deflect, derail, and believe their brand of crazy is changing minds. Some are paid trolls, others are simply sheep imitating parrots.
Paid trolls. Yes. It's quite clear that there are liberal shills here either as volunteers or paid. Look for the ones who post umpteen times a day and regurgitate the entire progressive manifesto at you no matter how much you try to have a dialog with them and find some common ground. To normal people the world is gray not black and white. Not to these propaganda disease carrying mosquitoes. The ones who label you as "conservative" (as if that were a dirty word) if you deviate from the liberal orthodoxy in as much as one small detail. Those are shills.

Quote:
I have no problem with citizens, no matter how spun, voting. If we take away their right to vote based on their flavor of crazy... then we risk allowing common sense to become the new crazy and our rights suppressed. Right? THAT is a slippery slope none of us should traverse.
I agree with you. I was being purposely extreme and pugnacious. Felt like indulging in some hyperbole to ram home a point about how we are experiencing a form of tyranny by what is objectively the lowest contributing strata of society. I made a thesis that was a parallel to the Roman version of citizenry contingent upon contribution. I did that because progressive politicians are now mirroring the Roman technique of cynically pandering to the 'mob' with bread and circus in the form of entitlements and empty symbolic rhetoric. Why do you think they're so pro-sanctuary city, pro open borders and label enforcement of our borders as racism and hate? It's because they want the vote of illegals both now and those to come in the future. They also want the vote of citizens who are related to illegals and therefore harbor a bias against legal immigration enforcement and border protection. This is as cynical as it gets. Lest someone think I'm making this up look back to the Democratic Natl Convention when they had a handful of illegal immigrants stand up on stage and heralded them for their bravery and championed their rights. If that wasn't cynical pandering for the political support of illegals in this country then there is no such thing as pandering.

Quote:
What we cannot accept is these wackamoles wanting non-citizens to vote, which they root for openly these days. IF the Dems lose the illegal vote, they will be in even more trouble down the road.
Exactly and it's time people face up to the reality that they are courting an illegal voting block in order to gain power. It's as cynical and corrupt as the politics of Rome.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 05-16-2017 at 08:54 AM..

Old 05-16-2017, 09:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ohhh View Post
Annnnd I rest my case.

Every time I see an opinion like this here on C-D, I always picture Mad Max. What a lovely vision some folks have for our society!

Every time I see a reply like this, I see Tyrants forcing their will on others..

Old 05-16-2017, 10:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
The only true basic human right is to freely breath air. This is because you do not impose on someone's property with every breath.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The only true basic human right is to freely breath air. This is because you do not impose on someone's property with every breath.

They'd tax that if they could.
Wait, what is Carbon Tax?, for 1000, Alex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies