Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:50 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,155,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You are deflecting. This is about 9/11. Do you believe 9/11 was done by a foreign entity? It is completely disrespectful to those that died that day.
I believe that the government has been shown to be willing to lie to us (even under oath) so I have no idea how anyone can take anything they say as the truth.

How many times does it take being lied to for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 11:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,467,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Clinton (and the rest) are dicks. That has nothing to do with anything I've said.
Pk,

I respect you

but you said that Saddam and ALQ had nothing to do with each other...

Facts show differently

Old 05-16-2017, 11:55 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,608,852 times
Quote:
I believe that the government has been shown to be willing to lie to us (even under oath) so I have no idea how anyone can take anything they say as the truth.

How many times does it take being lied to for you?
Yes, they are willing to lie to us. Both sides of the aisle are guilty.

9/11 is not one of those lies. We would have not gone into Afghanistan if it weren't for 9/11. There is nothing in that country for us. It is just a terrorist haven.

Iraq was a lie that I bought into at the beginning.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Pk,

I respect you

but you said that Saddam and ALQ had nothing to do with each other...

Facts show differently
Iraq and Al Qaeda are not obvious allies. In fact, they are natural enemies. A central tenet of Al Qaeda's jihadist ideology is that secular Muslim rulers and their regimes have oppressed the believers and plunged Islam into a historic crisis. Hence, a paramount goal of Islamist revolutionaries for almost half a century has been the destruction of the regimes of such leaders as Presidents Gamal Abdel Nasser, Anwar el-Sadat and Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, President Hafez al-Assad of Syria, the military government in Algeria and even the Saudi royal family.

Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda Are Not Allies - The New York Times

I am making a point here also......we armed Osama Bin Laden. We paid for the creation of the tunnels in Afghanistan they hid in. Obviously the U.S. and Al Queda is like best buds.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, they are willing to lie to us. Both sides of the aisle are guilty.

9/11 is not one of those lies. We would have not gone into Afghanistan if it weren't for 9/11.
I don't believe that for a second......it's been over 15 years. We are still there protecting the poppy fields.

Why?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,608,852 times
Quote:
I don't believe that for a second......it's been over 15 years. We are still there protecting the poppy fields.

Why?
That is a good question. The government will tell you we are there to kill more terrorists and to rebuild the country but that is failing. We are still losing a lot of soldiers there. I agree we don't need to be there now but I think we were fully justified to go in after 9/11.

Are you being serious about protecting the poppy fields? I assume that was sarcasm.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:10 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,949,887 times
Quote:

1. not even near a million Iraqis were killed....though over 1/2 million Iraqi children died during the Clinton sanctions
Various scientific surveys of Iraqi deaths resulting from the first four years of the Iraq War estimated that over one million Iraqis died as a result of conflict during this time.[1] A later study, published in 2011, estimated that approximately 500,000 Iraqis had died as a result of the conflict since the invasion.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual...f_the_Iraq_War
Half million to a million Iraqis killed due to the US invasion, either way we killed a hell of a lot more of them than they did to us, and for no apparent reason. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or Al Qaeda. And millions more displaced Iraqis who are now hellbent on revenge. Many survivors who are now members of ISIS hellbent on revenge for killing their people and destroying their country.

Quote:
and there were wmds....

Who told you that? Rush Limpbag? If there were WMDs why didn't Hussein use them against the invading Americans? He just had them around for the fun of it?

Last edited by cisco kid; 05-16-2017 at 12:18 PM..

Old 05-16-2017, 12:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,172,017 times
Nothing exceptional about it. It's called blowback.

If the United States keeps doing the same nonsense, it can happen again.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:13 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,467,128 times
Quote:

Why?
yes its been over 15 years

WBush took his eyes off the ball

Obama irresponsibly reduced the BIG to practically nothing

the Afghan government wants us there

the Taliban is starting to build up again

I have been to Afghanistan twice once in 2006 (my last deployment as a soldier) and most recently as a Army Civilian in 14/15 (transportation expert teaching the Afghani's how to do rail operations)

the Afghan people are good people....the Taliban on the other hand are not

Old 05-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
That is a good question. The government will tell you we are there to kill more terrorists and to rebuild the country but that is failing. We are still losing a lot of soldiers there. I agree we don't need to be there now but I think we were fully justified to go in after 9/11.

Are you being serious about protecting the poppy fields? I assume that was sarcasm.
It was not.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/drug-wa...uction/5358053

If our initial war was legit we would not still be there doing this now. We knew OBL left quickly. Did we attack Pakistan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies