Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 11:10 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,386,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
You are correct. I guess I was naive in hoping America could come together to say "enough"...This is a very sad time for us all, even those who don't realize it. And I think many who support this man do so because it seems to give them "permission" to behave and speak in the most ugly, combative and polarizing ways possible. They apparently enjoy that so why should they even care what is happening before our very eyes in our country? If they get backed into a corner they just start criticizing Obama or Hillary, or even Bill if they have nothing else. Very very sad...
America did come together and have voted out the fascist liberals over the last 7 years

Old 05-16-2017, 11:11 AM

24,481 posts, read 33,175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We don't know WHY trump did this. Remember that whole Russian Influenced Our Election that the majority of Americans and elected officials believe to be true??

Was this trump's pay-back for Putin's help?? If it was, that's treason.
Putin helped Trump?

7,801 posts, read 10,072,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
When Republicans are ousted in 2018.
I think Trump's legacy will be another period of solid Democratic rule at the Federal level, comparable to 1933-53 under FDR and Truman. At least we will almost certainly get a single payer public option out of it!

I think the Republicans deserve it too, they have become nothing but a party of bigoted neo Nazis, Islamophobes, Wall Street fatcats looking for endless tax cuts, and people who think the Bible should dictate government policy.

20,403 posts, read 12,304,844 times
Quote:
Well then we ARE in for trouble aren't we? He cannot even determine what is true or false...

All this mud-slinging is actually getting humorous...it's like children on a playground yelling "Nu Uh" and "Uh huh" back and forth and nothing getting done.
the only truouble America is in is from the PROG Left. your side lies. your side will do anything including weakening this country to gain power. its disgusting. it is perverted and utterly typical.

the left IS tyranny.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:12 AM

1,581 posts, read 1,964,043 times
It's great we're thawing relations with the Russians. The war loving liberals want to keep us apart, instead they want to cozy up with the Iranians and Palestinians are any other Muslim country.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:12 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,109,046 times
Quote:
I originally incorrectly posted this thread on the "Current Events" forum ... sorry.

I guess some of you will say this, too, is "fake news"...sigh...
What will this man have to do before the country takes him OUT of office?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.7de068fcf892
NEVER.

Party over country. Is it not apparent?

Old 05-16-2017, 11:13 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,109,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
The question I cannot get an answer to is:

How would having Clinton as President be an improvement? She was just as slimy.
If I must have slimy, I prefer slimy with intelligence and an understanding of how government and diplomacy work, yes.

2,316 posts, read 2,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I shall note that, while I am not a Trump supporter, I am not yet in favor of impeachment.

One reason: I have grave doubts, lawyer that I am, that even if Mr. Trump (or his associates) 'colluded' with the Russians prior to election to influence the election, that said collusion may serve as a basis for impeachment.

Here is the applicable Constitutional clause from Article II:

"The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Does this clause mean treason, bribery etc., committed prior to assumption of office? It is my opinion that it does not; yet, the Court may disagree in future. I would think that the Court would, perhaps, say that treason committed prior to assumption of office may be a basis, but even that is not assured.

I would hate for a scenario to develop in which, anytime a person is elected President, the opposing party (especially if in power in the House) would start to seek out transgressions (high crimes and misdemeanors) perhaps committed by said newly elected President prior to office. I would rather restrict the impeachment process to Acts committed after taking the Oath of Office.

We must recall that Mr. Nixon was not facing impeachment due to the actual break-in of the Watergate hotel. He did not order it, or have knowledge of it beforehand. Rather, he got into hot water over the cover-up and obstruction of justice.

If anything trips up Mr. Trump, it would probably be on the basis of obstruction of justice. I am not one that thinks that Mr. Trump (as some have claimed) committed 'treason' by his Oval Office action with the Russians, for reasons I will not go into here.

I do think that the 25th Amendment is a more realistic possibility. Mr. Trump seems, to some, to lack the emotional stability one expects from the President.
Thank you for your post ... it was quite informative and gives me some things to ponder. And yes, I totally do agree with your last statement ... just watching his behavior and then considering his behavior through the years, it appears to me that he is somehow "devolving" emotionally as he becomes more and more reactive each time a problem arises, and he has to tweet insults, threats and other nonsense in the middle of the night. As I said earlier, I guess we will just have to see how this all plays out. It's certainly been quite an exhausting experience, this administration, so far anyway.

18,400 posts, read 7,015,891 times
Quote:
The link is to the Washington Post news story from yesterday...
I'm surprised you don't consider giving classified information to Russia (that we have not shared with our Allies and which could enable Russia to decipher who the intel came from) illegal. Time will tell...
The theory that the Russians could backtrack or reverse engineer the info is just that....a theory.

It's not based on anything but conjecture..... just like the rest of the Democrat's obsession with Russian collusion.

11,989 posts, read 5,250,585 times
John McCain statement:

Quote:
"The reports that the President shared sensitive intelligence with Russian officials are deeply disturbing. Reports that this information was provided by a U.S. ally and shared without its knowledge sends a troubling signal to America’s allies and partners around the world and may impair their willingness to share intelligence with us in the future. Regrettably, the time President Trump spent sharing sensitive information with the Russians was time he did not spend focusing on Russia’s aggressive behavior, including its interference in American and European elections, its illegal invasion of Ukraine and annexation of Crimea, its other destabilizing activities across Europe, and the slaughter of innocent civilians and targeting of hospitals in Syria.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies