Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 05:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Either he's incompetent or it's treason.

Everyone, contact your 2 US Senators and 1 US Representative. Do this every day if necessary until an independent special prosecutor is chosen.

Links to your US Senators and US Representatives below

https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

Find Your Representative - Zip Code Lookup
I mean this is a guy that tweets things like threatening the FBI Director; that a past president wire-tapped his office, . . . do we really think he doesn't have loose lips??

Old 05-15-2017, 05:03 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,808,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
My Republican spouse is livid due to this latest issue with Trump. Absolutely livid. More than me and I am a leftie. My Republican spouse is asking me for links to our congress people over this issue. I didn't even mention anything about this and my spouse brought it up.
Yeah, my Republican parents are outraged. They were Cold War era, America first Republicans so I'm not surprised. My dad just texted me that Trump should be in front of a firing squad.

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Trump's Tweets for All Occasions:
Straight from the horse's mouth. Wonder what past Twitter Trump would say about current White House Trump???

The world wants to know!

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Wow!! Nice try at 'flipping the script'
I see that went way over your head. But that's what Trump hatred will do . . . make you completely disregard our national security interests as long as a leak threatens to harm the president.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:05 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
People who can't believe the incompetence of this administration are letting the public know how inept they really are. It comes in handy when the public asks how come no other countries want to cooperate with the US and share intelligence.
By leaking these kinds of stories to the public (and its already been established that President Trump broke no law with his actions . . . that's even if they occurred as the article claims), the media apparently wants such to happen.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:05 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Ah, now on Fox -
"National security adviser addresses media outside White House
National security adviser HR McMaster to speak"
...waiting for event to start.

National security adviser addresses media outside White House| Latest News Videos | Fox News

Old 05-15-2017, 05:06 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I didn't see the name of one person that claimed that this happened, not one. Liberals need to start reading more than just the headline of a news stories, fake news story.

Who else was at that meeting? "According to past and current public officials" - who is that?

The stench of liberal desperation is all I am picking up on.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
By leaking these kinds of stories to the public (and its already been established that President Trump broke no law with his actions . . . that's even if they occurred as the article claims), the media apparently wants such to happen.
Do you think the American people should be kept in the dark about Trump sharing highly classified information with a foreign country? Do you think the American people benefited from the discussion about HRC's e-mail server and any potential releases of information to foreign agents/countries?

Old 05-15-2017, 05:08 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Why should it be disclosed from the public (and the source of the information by extension)? Hmm, how about because we obviously rely on such information. Now that the source knows that it was shared without their permission, we're less likely to get more information, which only hurts the national security interests of the USA. But, to the left, such an outcome is apparently acceptable as long as a leak threatens to hurt President Trump in the process

Yup..we agree on that. But the people have a right to know what an a$$ they have for President..and I don't think covering up for his incompetency is in our long-term best interests.

Here's the thing though..had Trump not revealed the info..there would be no risk.
See how that works..we keep our mouths shut..and our ears open..instead of giving in to some need to show our cards. If the info was needed to be told to the Russians..after consulting with the EXPERTS...our intel guys could have scrubbed it of all origin..and presented it via channels..that's how it's done..by those who are competent.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I didn't see the name of one person that claimed that this happened, not one. Liberals need to start reading more than just the headline of a news stories, fake news story.

Who else was at that meeting? "According to past and current public officials" - who is that?

The stench of liberal desperation is all I am picking up on.
I see some names here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Specifically ---Read the preceding posts

"Senior White House officials appeared to recognize quickly that Trump had overstepped and moved to contain the potential fallout.

Thomas P. Bossert, assistant to the president for homeland security and counterterrorism, placed calls to the directors of the CIA and the NSA, services most directly involved in the intelligence-sharing arrangement with the partner.

One of Bossert’s subordinates also called for the problematic portion of Trump’s discussion to be stricken from internal memos and for the full transcript to be limited to a small circle of recipients, efforts to prevent sensitive details from being disseminated further or leaked."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies