Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:00 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times

Advertisements

Trump supporters commonly accuse anybody who criticizes him of not accepting the election results and that Trump won, Hillary lost, and we should move on. I say lets do just that! Trump is now President and his entire Presidency so far has been one crisis after another. From his business conflict of interest, his false accusations against Obama, to the possible scandal surrounding ties to Russia, to the shady execution of the firing of Comey. It never seems to end. Each day, things just keep getting worse and worse and we are only a few months in. Now, we are possibly dealing with Trump giving classified information directly to a hostle power. Trump is President now. You won. Now it's time to own it and stop deflecting everything to Hillary Clinton who isn't even running for President anymore and is quite frankly, done in the political realm.

And Republicans, would President Pence really be that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 08:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
If Pence had been running against Hillary, yes he would have been that bad. I'm amazed that anyone that didn't vote for Trump would even consider the idea of a Pence presidency. Trump is a goof ball but Pence is scary creepy.

I didn't vote for either Trump or Hillary and I want no part of Pence being president. I want people reminded how close Hillary came also and anything that can keep her down is fine with me.

Trump is going to be able to accomplish little. That's probably the best we can hope for right now.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:08 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump supporters commonly accuse anybody who criticizes him of not accepting the election results and that Trump won, Hillary lost, and we should move on. I say lets do just that! Trump is now President and his entire Presidency so far has been one crisis after another. From his business conflict of interest, his false accusations against Obama, to the possible scandal surrounding ties to Russia, to the shady execution of the firing of Comey. It never seems to end. Each day, things just keep getting worse and worse and we are only a few months in. Now, we are possibly dealing with Trump giving classified information directly to a hostle power. Trump is President now. You won. Now it's time to own it and stop deflecting everything to Hillary Clinton who isn't even running for President anymore and is quite frankly, done in the political realm.

And Republicans, would President Pence really be that bad?
Hitlary is not President but shh is not in jail where she ought to be.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:08 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
You have to understand one thing: Trump supporters are running on fumes. Their man is a train wreck. His administration is in chaos, his negotiation skills are nonexistent, he gives classified information to our enemies, his family profits from his position, he has no respect for the institutions of this country and he has no idea how to govern.

So what is one to do?

You blame someone who is out of power and is powerless.

It is the last refuge of the desperate.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:09 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If Pence had been running against Hillary, yes he would have been that bad. I'm amazed that anyone that didn't vote for Trump would even consider the idea of a Pence presidency. Trump is a goof ball but Pence is scary creepy.

I didn't vote for either Trump or Hillary and I want no part of Pence being president. I want people reminded how close Hillary came also and anything that can keep her down is fine with me.

Trump is going to be able to accomplish little. That's probably the best we can hope for right now.
I used to think that Pence would be worse, but now I cannot find anything to justify that. What's the worst he could do? A national religious freedom law? Would be a step back for LGBT rights but it could easily be undone. There's also no guarantee that wouldn't happen under Trump. Aside from that, I see nothing lost for either ideology by having Pence instead of Trump. At least we would have a competent, experienced President who wouldn't endanger our national security and standing in the world.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Hillary isn't President!

THANK GOD!!!!
Because she is a lying, swindling, crook, who should be in jail.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:13 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Pence isn't batsh*t crazy and actually understands what it takes to get things done. Plus he has the proper degree of decorum to be on a world stage without embarrassing us or endangering our allies and intelligence community. I would hate his narrow-minded world view on women rights in society but he'd still be a better president than the joke who holds the job now.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I used to think that Pence would be worse, but now I cannot find anything to justify that.
Saying he would not meet with female world leaders without his wife present is creepy.

Quote:
What's the worst he could do? A national religious freedom law? Would be a step back for LGBT rights but it could easily be undone. There's also no guarantee that wouldn't happen under Trump. Aside from that, I see nothing lost for either ideology by having Pence instead of Trump. At least we would have a competent, experienced President who wouldn't endanger our national security and standing in the world.
Because that hasn't been happening for years? Hillary arming the terrorists didn't endanger our national security?

Old 05-15-2017, 08:24 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
THANK GOD!!!!
Because she is a lying, swindling, crook, who should be in jail.
Nah, you're just parroting the Republican pablum you've been swallowing for so long. They spent 20 years and $50 million (give or take) investigating her and came up empty-handed. They lied about that like they lied about everything else. Yes, you've been living a lie. The only crook is Trump. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Sometimes I feel this way. However, it's only May and every day there's a new crisis in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies