Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 04:29 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Here we go again with the phoney cries of racism

--

(CNN)Weeks before his criminal trial begins, Bill Cosby gave a rare interview to a radio host, saying racism and "nefarious" motivations could be behind the allegations against him.

The interview was an unusual one for Cosby who has rarely addressed the accusations made by more than 50 women, many of whom say that he drugged and sexually assaulted them.
Cosby and two of his daughters are stepping up in his defense -- in what appears to be a media campaign timed right before his June 5th trial and jury selection next week.

Bill Cosby trial: Racism could be a factor, Cosby says - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 04:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
LMAO

OJ Simpson Part Deux?

Ignored and denigrated the black community and their concerns, fears and trials for his entire career and now he wants to claim racism??? Cosby, BYE!

Old 05-16-2017, 06:44 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
I started to actually believe this Bill Cosby scandal, but now, I believe it, BUT, think it is limited to only one or two women, rather than all the ones that came out of the wood work. Some of them have even recanted their statements, so the jury is still out.....

Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
I began to believe it when noted celebrities talked about being aware of his antics. They didn't need the money, he's not a threat to anybody anymore so there had to be some truth to it all.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LMAO

OJ Simpson Part Deux?

Ignored and denigrated the black community and their concerns, fears and trials for his entire career and now he wants to claim racism??? Cosby, BYE!
I could not rep you again....but I tried.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:39 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Honestly, not sure if race was a factor, but leading to its not.

But I do find it odd that of all those old school Playboy mansion type dudes (think Hugh Heffner) who was popping pills and passing out an having orgies, that Cosby is the only one whose past deeds were drug back up to the limelight. I'm sure all the other guys who hung out with Heff at the mansion back in the day with those pills did the same thing. And I don't believe he is the only old freaky dude to have done stuff like that.

I also don't think Cosby did all that people say he did. It is like a witch hunt for him IMO so I am not one of those people who just think he is guilty. I also know that he has written books and admitted to being a serial cheater on his wife and had a child outside his marriage.

On him "ignoring and denigrating the black community" I also don't agree with that. I think that people make too much of a big deal about his speech in 2005 but that Cosby was a trailblazer and opened doors in entertainment for black Americans and he also has always been highly involved in the black community in supporting organizations and HBCUs that benefit black Americans. I also feel that the Cosby Show normalized black Americans to other Americans and that his work was beneficial to black families and especially children of that era. I personally dedicated myself to going to an HBCU due to the show "A Different World." It was a huge impact on my life as was the Cosby Show. It was the only show that wasn't full of stereotypes of black people or had black kids being raised by white people. Cosby was very dedicated to showing true depictions of regular black people IMO in all his work.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
I need Bill Cosby to swallow his pride and admit that he is a creepy old bastard. Quit playing the race card already. It demeans the times when people actually play the race card for a valid reason.

I'm black, and I grew up watching the Cosby show. Bill was a TV dad, I looked up to him. And I think it's true that he drugged and sexually assaulted those women. I'm disgusted by it.

Just a reminder that people we put on a pedestal are still flawed people. Sports players, politicians, actors/actresses, musicians. They've all got problems. Bill is definitely a sicko.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:14 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LMAO

OJ Simpson Part Deux?

This comparison doesn't work. Say what you want about Cosby, but he has always given back to the black community and tried to leave it better than he found it.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:17 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This comparison doesn't work. Say what you want about Cosby, but he has always given back to the black community and tried to leave it better than he found it.
He may have thrown money at them but he has been very derogatory about the black community in his statements and attitudes.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Say what you want about Cosby, but he has always given back to the black community and tried to leave it better than he found it.
This is definitely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies